Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies, just saw that he resigned a new contract in September. Thought he was still on a prior long-term contract that was expiring in '22.

See above amended comment anyway, if you're interested for the rest of the players who it says are RFA's
It would be interesting how the club will handle salary cap going forward with Treloar contract. Might be a case that their will be players that we will want to keep at the club and fit them in the salary cap and still pay them well and their could be other players that we might be willing to let go because we can’t afford them

Last edited:
If it doesn’t get resolved
1- he can go back to Collingwood that would be unlikely
2- he might just sit out for the year

3- what a pathetic amateur moment for everyone involved accept for Treloar he is not at fault
What's stopping Bulldogs from upping their payment though? Surely they can afford another 100K per year? If Collingwood want to pay 100K next year and Bulldogs want Collingwood to pay 300K, then I'm guessing they'll meet in the middle.

Bulldogs committed to taking Treloar. Sending him back or sitting him out for the year over a salary dispute is very poor so I doubt they let it get to that. They shouldn't have taken him if they can't afford him.

As for Collingwood, it's poor on them if they reneged on a verbal agreement, but we already know they stuffed up.

What's stopping Bulldogs from upping their payment though? Surely they can afford another 100K per year? If Collingwood want to pay 100K next year and Bulldogs want Collingwood to pay 300K, then I'm guessing they'll meet in the middle.

Bulldogs committed to taking Treloar. Sending him back or sitting him out for the year over a salary dispute is very poor so I doubt they let it get to that. They shouldn't have taken him if they can't afford him.

As for Collingwood, it's poor on them if they reneged on a verbal agreement, but we already know they stuffed up.

id be fine paying 700. We can clear a couple of other players next year.

Doesnt RFA just mean he’s a restricted free agent end of 2020? Hence we just resigned him on a one year deal...

Keath and Bruce still have 3 years left hence not free agents. Not sure you’re on the right track with the RFA status...

RFA just means they're in the top 25% paid. Hunter still has 4 years left, but he's an RFA. That's all I'm doing, is just seeing who has RFA next to their name, and then judging who is in that Top 25% bracket.

Jong hasn't had his contract formally updated it appears, but if he signed an extension, I daresay he probably does lose the RFA as he's done sweet FA for the last 4 years

RFA just means they're in the top 25% paid. Hunter still has 4 years left, but he's an RFA. That's all I'm doing, is just seeing who has RFA next to their name, and then judging who is in that Top 25% bracket.

Jong hasn't had his contract formally updated it appears, but if he signed an extension, I daresay he probably does lose the RFA as he's done sweet FA for the last 4 years

RFA - restricted free agent
UFA - unrestricted free agent

don’t think either has anything to do with their contract size bud

id be fine paying 700. We can clear a couple of other players next year.
Yeah I doubt it'd be more than that. The media always sensationalise everything for engagement.

Probably a dispute of when the agreed amount is paid rather than a large discrepancy of what each side is willing to pay.

RFA - restricted free agent
UFA - unrestricted free agent

don’t think either has anything to do with their contract size bud

Really hate when people use the word 'bud' to demean someone - especially when they're actually the one who doesn't understand what's going on, lol.

Would have taken you all of two seconds to look up something which is widely known - instead of acting superior on a topic you clearly know less about, lol

Screenshot_2020-11-27-00-41-34-04.jpg

Really hate when people use the word 'bud' to demean someone - especially when they're actually the one who doesn't understand what's going on, lol.

Would have taken you all of two seconds to look up something which is widely known - instead of acting superior on a topic you clearly know less about, lol

View attachment 1019001

Wasn’t trying to demean you at all. Genuinely had no idea about the top 25% part But happy to stand corrected! If Jong is in our top 25%- well done to our list management team! Coz he won’t be on much lol.

Although if Jong was top 25% wouldn’t that make him an unrestricted free agent due to 10 years service and not the first time out of contract?

Last edited:

well if we have the salary cap space I wonder if we can heavy front end his contract that might also be a option for us

Wasn’t trying to demean you at all. Genuinely had no idea about the top 25% part But happy to stand corrected! If Jong is in our top 25%- well done to our list management team! Coz he won’t be on much lol.

Although if Jong was top 25% wouldn’t that make him an unrestricted free agent due to 10 years service and not the first time out of contract?

Jong's contract hasn't been formally updated yet, so technically it still has him listed as an RFA - 2018-2020. Would say with this latest 1 year contract, he won't be an RFA anymore, and instead a UFA end of 2021 (he'll be a 10 year player as of next year, but it won't matter because he likely won't be in the top 25% anymore)

Jong's contract hasn't been formally updated yet, so technically it still has him listed as an RFA - 2018-2020. Would say with this latest 1 year contract, he won't be an RFA anymore, and instead a UFA end of 2021 (he'll be a 10 year player as of next year)

So based on him being out of contract already in the past and coming into his 10th season - does that put him in the top 25% between 2018-2020?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So based on him being out of contract already in the past and coming into his 10th season - does that put him in the top 25% between 2018-2020?

Indeed. Meaning he likely earned more than 500K over that 2 year period - due to him being one of the top 9 or 10 highest paid players at your club who were counted as RFA's.

Indeed. Meaning he likely earned more than 500K over that 2 year period - due to him being one of the top 9 or 10 highest paid players at your club who were counted as RFA's.

If you’re right and he’s in the top 25%- dogs must be doing something extremely right lol. He couldn’t be on anymore than 500k

How does footywire know who's a RFA and an UFA? They're not AFL affiliated and even say themselves they can't guarantee accuracy.

We'll actually, that's not quite true. People who work at footywire pretty much know all the going's on in the AFL, due to having such a comprehensive database of everything.

While the AFL or anyone else besides the clubs never give specifics in regards to contract amounts, there is a list that exists that basically says who are RFA's and who are UFA's, in order for there to be transparency in player movement.

The RFA/UFA thing is no big secret, and something most people 'in the know' could probably get their hands on. I doubt footywire is just choosing random players and saying 'you're an RFA and you're not', lol

True but ultimately pies have more to lose as they’d violate the cap.

Mess all round. No denying that

No one on here actually knows the true story yet, but I think this is a reasonable guess. The overall contribution is agreed upon, but not how it was split. In which case you'd think they'll reach a middle ground of sorts.
This, there's no other way it could've happened.

I can’t believe you didn’t get the deal in writing before agreeing to the trade.

In a legal sense, "in writing" covers an awful lot. Handwritten notes, emails, etc all fall under this. "In writing" doesnt necessarily mean a contract or proposed contract. Treloars manager would have been taking notes and they can be subpoenaed if necessary.

How does footywire know who's a RFA and an UFA? They're not AFL affiliated and even say themselves they can't guarantee accuracy.

Footywire are great at stats but absolutely shithouse with contracts. Still to this day Mitch McGovern is listed as having his contract ending in 2021 but his contract actually ends in 2023.

Wouldnt be trusting them when it comes to contracts.

Eddie getting desperate using the ole "The Dogs will remember those who stood by them when they had no friends"

The Pies must be in a serious huge world of hurt right now to pull that crap
I have seen people write this before here, was that what he more or less said?

Back