Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies won't trade AT to a Melbourne club. If they want to trade,it will be with GC, if he maintains he doesn't want to go he stays at the Pies. Any trade thoughts are for him to be with his family in Qld. He has 5 years to go on his current contract, he will be at the Pies or GC.

Zactly!

Pies won't trade AT to a Melbourne club. If they want to trade,it will be with GC, if he maintains he doesn't want to go he stays at the Pies. Any trade thoughts are for him to be with his family in Qld. He has 5 years to go on his current contract, he will be at the Pies or GC.
This ain’t about Treloars family this is about cap space, that’s why Collingwood have Reportedly said find a club and we will make the trade happen.If that’s true the problem Collingwood run into his trade value drops ridiculously because Treloar can say I want to go to club A and Collingwood don’t have a choice but to trade him for unders.

Tbf he is a flashy stat padder. If I was the Pies I would happily trade him to Gold Coast and chase Jeremy Cameron. Would improve the Pies imo

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
He don’t want to go to GC and Cameron is only going to Geelong if he leaves GWS apparently.

This ain’t about Treloars family this is about cap space, that’s why Collingwood have Reportedly said find a club and we will make the trade happen.If that’s true the problem Collingwood run into his trade value drops ridiculously because Treloar can say I want to go to club A and Collingwood don’t have a choice but to trade him for unders.

There are others who will make space before Treloar. The media report it as, " go find another club" which is crap. AT was put on the trade table last year, because his partner, Kim, was heading to Qld 12 months ago, hence why the Pies asked him if he wanted to be traded to one of the Qld clubs. Kim fell pregnant and those plans for Qld were put to the side.
Now she is taking the offer up again to head up North, again Ad's was asked if he wanted to be traded up North, at this stage he has said "not really". Eventually l believe he will agree to head up to Qld and play for the Suns.
I can tell you now the Pies won't be trading him to a Melbourne club!!

I'd like to see what the Pies can do with a full season of Grundy (played every game in the last 3 years, would like to see him play 70% ruck/15% forward in 2021, for long-term preservation), Pendlebury (5 games missed in the last 3 years), Treloar (18 games missed in the last 3 years) and Adams (15 games missed in the last 3 years) together in the middle, with Sidebottom (11 games missed in the last 3 years) and the up-and-coming Daicos on the wings, and Jordan De Goey (21 games missed in the last 3 years) rotating through the centre too.
That's practically the mix we've had for the last four or five years, with Phillips on a wing instead of Daics before 2020. That mix just hasn't worked against the best opposition. We need to completely reinvent our midfield rotation.

That's practically the mix we've had for the last four or five years, with Phillips on a wing instead of Daics before 2020. That mix just hasn't worked against the best opposition. We need to completely reinvent our midfield rotation.

My point was that there's always someone missing. If we can get an extended stretch of them all playing together, success should be greater.

She has a 10 month contract, would be very surprised if he wanted to leave when she is not locked in long term. Especially when we don’t even know what next year is going to look like yet.

despite his weaknesses he is still a very good player, I expect he will still be at the Pies next year.

I don't think she could've signed more than a 10 month contract so I'm not sure if you can read too much into that.

Link.

Teams can officially sign any free agents as one of their contracted players on a one-year contract for the 2021 season from 19 October until 16 November 2020.

Since 13 July this year, clubs have had the exclusive right to re-sign any of their existing contracted players, permanent or temporary replacement players or training partners on a single year contract for the 2021 season.

As agreed with the Australian Netball Players’ Association (ANPA), player contracts will be for a 10 month period in 2021, from 1 December 2020 to 30 September 2021, as the 2020 season consisted of a 14-month contract period.

It seems like they're all limited to signing only one year contracts (10 months for next year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hilarious thing about this whole ridiculous scenario...is that do you really think that a player like Cameron is going to want to come to Collingwood, if at a moment's notice they can just be cut and sacrificed for someone else? It's not like Treloar's coming out of contract next year - he's contracted 'til 2025! That's not exactly a shining endorsement for a new player to come to your club.

I preface this with the notion that I reckon this is all grade A bullcrap, but, in the hypothetical scenario that it were true, it would be a pretty poor way to try and get a player in - when you're not even guaranteed to land him, and could lose your pushed out player - Treloar - in the process

The hilarious thing about this whole ridiculous scenario...is that do you really think that a player like Cameron is going to want to come to Collingwood, if at a moment's notice they can just be cut and sacrificed for someone else? It's not like Treloar's coming out of contract next year - he's contracted 'til 2025! That's not exactly a shining endorsement for a new player to come to your club.

I preface this with the notion that I reckon this is all grade A bullcrap, but, in the hypothetical scenario that it were true, it would be a pretty poor way to try and get a player in - when you're not even guaranteed to land him, and could lose your pushed out player - Treloar - in the process
How most big sports are... can trade contracted players... too much power to the Australian sports stars. But guess at the same time, the wages for a major sport in Australia are pathetic

If this is true, then I don't think they care if his value drops. It would pretty much just be a salary dump, the pies will have no problem attracting free agents.

How do you know he doesn't want to go to Collingwood, have you spoken to Cameron directly?
I'm pretty sure when Franklin was leaving the Hawks, he was signed, sealed and delivered to GWS, and he ended up at Sydney. Much to the AFL's anger.
IF the reporting is true and Treloar is just let out the door at Collingwood to anyone, along with Tom Phillips allowed to go, you would think the Pies would only do that if they knew someone was definitely coming in the door.
You never know, maybe Cameron wants to replicate his childhood idol Chris Tarrant, and play for the Pies. Ben Reid is now retired, so the number 20 is also available!!

There is no chance he comes to the Suns, the man seems intent on staying in Victoria, more likely to go to NM.

This could be a genius move. Perhaps they believe Treloar has reached his peak. A combination of injuries and age might mean, he won’t get any better. So perhaps they have compared that to his salary in the next few years and realise the bang for buck won’t be there? It’s a ballsy move as the members as a whole, won’t be happy. There would have to be something big cooking at another club. That is the only way the move would “wash” with the members.

My preference would be Queensland so that he can be with his family.

If he was reluctant and really did not want to move then I would keep him. In future we need to be more careful about the contracts we agree to.

People will start asking, why do you forcibly move on Treloar, while retaining the artist?

Nah. He has 5 years on his contract. We have a choice. The Pies issues are 'how can this guy, who's had mental issues in the past, stay focused on the job at hand, when his wife and baby are a long way away for a good chunk of the season? Is he going to be needing some time off here and there to be with his family?'.
There are others who will make space before Treloar. The media report it as, " go find another club" which is crap. AT was put on the trade table last year, because his partner, Kim, was heading to Qld 12 months ago, hence why the Pies asked him if he wanted to be traded to one of the Qld clubs. Kim fell pregnant and those plans for Qld were put to the side.
Now she is taking the offer up again to head up North, again Ad's was asked if he wanted to be traded up North, at this stage he has said "not really". Eventually l believe he will agree to head up to Qld and play for the Suns.
I can tell you now the Pies won't be trading him to a Melbourne club!!

Read Dead Eye's post above.

The funniest thing about this is the change in the media rhetoric.

Kim Rav signs with QLD Firebirds.
Media: Haha Collingwood, no way Treloar will want to stay. He's going to ask for a trade. You're going to lose a gun player.

Treloar states in wants to stay.
Media: Collingwood, the bastards, are trying to force Treloar out.

Last edited:
There are plenty of other ways for Collingwood to reduce their cap without trading Treloar.

As an observation Collingwood's contracts are crazy, massive deal for this guy, massive deal for Grundy, why 7 year deals?

These days contracts don't seem to matter. A player signs a long term contract means that player is tied to that club, but doesn't guarantee he will be at that club for the term of the contract. Treloar is the upfront example of that.

He has 5 years left with big money coming now it’s reported.. how many years did he sign for originally?
guy is a gun, but massive risk for any Victorian club to sign him now with 5 years on big coin now, collingwood has gotten the best out of him and now wants cap space it seems

These days contracts don't seem to matter. A player signs a long term contract means that player is tied to that club, but doesn't guarantee he will be at that club for the term of the contract. Treloar is the upfront example of that.

True but the club has taken on two long term expensive contracts which squeeze the cap - and if you want to trade the player the size of the contract reduces his value. We do hear about the Pies cap a lot and from the outside it seems pretty obvious why, too many players getting paid a lot.

Back