Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Brisbane could benefit from Treloar. Neale and Zorko are great players but they're both small. Lyons has been really good but he's not an A grader. Berry is developing. McCluggage and Robinson are good on the wings.

I think they need one more mid with size and class to contend.

I think Brisbane could benefit from Treloar. Neale and Zorko are great players but they're both small. Lyons has been really good but he's not an A grader. Berry is developing. McCluggage and Robinson are good on the wings.

I think they need one more mid with size and class to contend.

Treloar is closer to Neale sized than Cripps

Treloar is a good player but I don't think he'd be the difference maker for the Lions. He's one of those guys that is pretty good at a few things but doesn't have one attribute that stands out and complements others.

I'd take him at WC in a heartbeat, but the issue is that he would cost a star price tag in trade and salary and we can't afford either.

Treloar is a good player but I don't think he'd be the difference maker for the Lions. He's one of those guys that is pretty good at a few things but doesn't have one attribute that stands out and complements others.

I'd take him at WC in a heartbeat, but the issue is that he would cost a star price tag in trade and salary and we can't afford either.

Pretty much how I feel about him, plus his ball use isn't the best. We've got 4 key re-signings to make in the next 12 months in McCluggage, Bailey, Starcevich and Rayner so will need to spend cap space elsewhere.

Pretty much how I feel about him, plus his ball use isn't the best. We've got 4 key re-signings to make in the next 12 months in McCluggage, Bailey, Starcevich and Rayner so will need to spend cap space elsewhere.
Lyons ball use isn't great either. Neale is solid, but isn't a spectacular kick.

Treloar's kicking just gets exposed because we always play through our midfielders, usually in the corridor. Treloar would suit Brisbane's game structure much better. Especially since we're making him our #1 hard ball winner which he isn't built to do (although he does a damn good job at it). At Brisbane he could return to being the explosive mid away from stoppages which was what made him so damaging in the first place.

Although I don't think it's worth trading him anymore if it doesn't get us Cameron.

Lyons ball use isn't great either. Neale is solid, but isn't a spectacular kick.

Treloar's kicking just gets exposed because we always play through our midfielders, usually in the corridor. Treloar would suit Brisbane's game structure much better. Especially since we're making him our #1 hard ball winner which he isn't built to do (although he does a damn good job at it). At Brisbane he could return to being the explosive mid away from stoppages which was what made him so damaging in the first place.

Although I don't think it's worth trading him anymore if it doesn't get us Cameron.

I'm certain that Lyons is miles cheaper than Treloar would be though. I guess my view is that Treloar is a good, nice player and any team would find a spot for him - but not at the reported cost and the trade price.

Otherwise, why would the Pies seemingly be willing to trade him? Why has he been identified as the expendable star and not one of the others?

I'm certain that Lyons is miles cheaper than Treloar would be though. I guess my view is that Treloar is a good, nice player and any team would find a spot for him - but not at the reported cost and the trade price.

Otherwise, why would the Pies seemingly be willing to trade him? Why has he been identified as the expendable star and not one of the others?
I mean surely you know the answer to this... Our current KPFs are Mihocek and Cox, the benefit of gaining a genuine #1 target is much greater than having any mid really.

Same reason why we are taking a punt on one of the most injury prone players in the AFL.
Yeah I mean honestly Treloar at pies is just such a waste...

Could've been one of the most breakaway clearance mids in the comp (T Kelly/Shiel type), but now he is forced to play as the extractor (Neale, Mitchell etc) role which clearly doesn't use any of his weapons.

Back in 2017/2018 when Pendles was still a strong inside ball getter, we had Adams and Sier quite capable on the inside too, Treloar could run and carry the ball from defensive 50 stoppage all the way to scoring a goal on the other hand all by himself...

Now he's stuck doing all these short contested handballs, and while they're effective and critical to an eventual clearance, they're nowhere near as damaging as how Treloar used to carry the ball

Was a genuine goal-kicking midfielder, as in he kicked goals while midfield, not like Danger/martin who kicks goals resting as a forward. We somehow want to turn every offensive midfielder with X-factor into Patrick Cripps, and pull them away from their natural game. Happened to Pendles too, used to be so agile and damaging, but has since regressed so much as he had to put on 5-8 kgs to be more competitive in strength

How old is Treloar again?

Personally, as good as he is, i think he would be surplus to requirements at Brisbane, but, he could be an exceptionally good fit at the Gold Coast

Yeah I mean honestly Treloar at pies is just such a waste...

Could've been one of the most breakaway clearance mids in the comp (T Kelly/Shiel type), but now he is forced to play as the extractor (Neale, Mitchell etc) role which clearly doesn't use any of his weapons.

Back in 2017/2018 when Pendles was still a strong inside ball getter, we had Adams and Sier quite capable on the inside too, Treloar could run and carry the ball from defensive 50 stoppage all the way to scoring a goal on the other hand all by himself...

Now he's stuck doing all these short contested handballs, and while they're effective and critical to an eventual clearance, they're nowhere near as damaging as how Treloar used to carry the ball

Was a genuine goal-kicking midfielder, as in he kicked goals while midfield, not like Danger/martin who kicks goals resting as a forward. We somehow want to turn every offensive midfielder with X-factor into Patrick Cripps, and pull them away from their natural game. Happened to Pendles too, used to be so agile and damaging, but has since regressed so much as he had to put on 5-8 kgs to be more competitive in strength

There's some highlights right there, still a lot of great football in him, the double hammy set him back, next year will be a big one for Treloar.

I for one hope he stays a Magpie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting proposition for clubs; a quality player but has some disposal issues and injury issues who is on reasonably big money. I feel that and Collingwoods cap issues may make a trade a bit of a bargain. If the new team pay all or most of his salary. If Carlton get two of Geelongs late firsts, i'd throw one to Collingwood for Treloar.

Last edited:
Interesting proposition for clubs; a quality player but has some disposal issues and injury issues who is on reasonably big money. I feel that and Collingwoods cap issues may make a trade a bit of a bargain if they pay all or most of his salary. If Carlton get two of Geelongs late firsts, i'd throw one to Collingwood for Treloar.

So late first with the Pies paying all of his salary.....

Interesting

Interesting proposition for clubs; a quality player but has some disposal issues and injury issues who is on reasonably big money. I feel that and Collingwoods cap issues may make a trade a bit of a bargain if they pay all or most of his salary. If Carlton get two of Geelongs late firsts, i'd throw one to Collingwood for Treloar.
Collingwood trade out a player and pay all of his salary? All for a late first round pick? Lol

There are plenty of other ways for Collingwood to reduce their cap without trading Treloar.
Moot point now because Cameron’s going to Geelong but why do you think they’ve done this if there was another way they wouldn’t be shopping treloar.

Nah. He has 5 years on his contract. We have a choice. The Pies issues are 'how can this guy, who's had mental issues in the past, stay focused on the job at hand, when his wife and baby are a long way away for a good chunk of the season? Is he going to be needing some time off here and there to be with his family?'.

Read Dead Eye's post above.

The funniest thing about this is the change in the media rhetoric.

Kim Rav signs with QLD Firebirds.
Media: Haha Collingwood, no way Treloar will want to stay. He's going to ask for a trade. You're going to lose a gun player.

Treloar states in wants to stay.
Media: Collingwood, the bastards, are trying to force Treloar out.
My comment is based on if the reports were true if you were to get Cameron, your not now so it’s a non issue.

There are others who will make space before Treloar. The media report it as, " go find another club" which is crap. AT was put on the trade table last year, because his partner, Kim, was heading to Qld 12 months ago, hence why the Pies asked him if he wanted to be traded to one of the Qld clubs. Kim fell pregnant and those plans for Qld were put to the side.
Now she is taking the offer up again to head up North, again Ad's was asked if he wanted to be traded up North, at this stage he has said "not really". Eventually l believe he will agree to head up to Qld and play for the Suns.
I can tell you now the Pies won't be trading him to a Melbourne club!!
Your delusional if you think a club that tries to push a player out with 5 years on a deal will do you a favour on the way out.

If this is true, then I don't think they care if his value drops. It would pretty much just be a salary dump, the pies will have no problem attracting free agents.
You still don’t give up a player of that quality for nothing, then I question the football department for signing him to that contract then 180ing in it within a year

My comment is based on if the reports were true if you were to get Cameron, your not now so it’s a non issue.

Well if you listened to the club, they didn't chase Cameron because they knew they didn't have a shot at getting him. The media had us chasing Cameron. Don't believe everything you hear or read!!

Well if you listened to the club, they didn't chase Cameron because they knew they didn't have a shot at getting him. The media had us chasing Cameron. Don't believe everything you hear or read!!

I guess that depends on your definition of “chased”. Do you honestly believe that the pies have had no contact whatsoever with Cameron and or his management?

Do you believe that the CFC is 100% truthful with the public at all times?

Do you believe that Beams simply wanted to return to Victoria?

I did hear that and it seems Treloar loves the club so I probably wouldn't want to trade someone with heaps of passion but I wouldn't be opposed to pick 5.
The question is, what do we do with the pick? Are there any players we can bring to have an immediate impact ?

Treloar is passionate pie, will do anything for the club...you don’t trade that lightly.

His kicking is not so good after a 100m sprint...but most players struggle with that.

Moot point now because Cameron’s going to Geelong but why do you think they’ve done this if there was another way they wouldn’t be shopping treloar.
Media have already started to back off on the whole ‘shopping Treloar’ rhetoric. If he leaves, it’s to a qld team to be with his partner and daughter. If we trade him to a Vic team I’ll eat my hat. Won’t happen.

Back