Votes: 144 78.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Knighthawk

Rookie
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Two of the most consistent accumulators of the pill in the game today. No player has registered more games with 20+ disposals after the first 120 games of their careers than these two (108 and 107 games respectively). Both highly rated juniors (Treloar was recruited by GWS as an under-age selection prior to the 2010 AFL Draft, while Macrae was taken with pick 6 in the 2012 AFL draft), both have finished runner-up in their clubs best and fairest award on two occasions, but are yet to win it. Treloar has twice been nominated in the All-Australian squad of 40 while Macrae has only been nominated once, but the latter has a premiership medallion to his name. Both are inside and out midfielders who would be regarded as being among the top 20 players in their position, but have slight areas of their game holding them back from being considered absolutely elite (Treloar's disposal by foot, Macrae's lack of scoreboard impact). Treloar has a couple of years on Macrae but both are yet to hit their peak. After 8 rounds of the 2019 AFL season, Treloar averages 32.4 disposals while Macrae averages 31.4.

Who is the better footballer?

Would take Treloar for his burst. Disposal is iffy at that pace but he still kicks goals. They also both have the ability to dispose of the ball in what looks like an impossible position to do so and usually to effect.

You forgot to add the poll.

Think I'd take Macrae over Treloar, not a fan of Treloar's kicking particularly when moving at speed though that's my only qualm with him and a lot of players have this problem. His ability to break away from packs at speed is impressive but prefer Macrae as he is a little bit cleaner from what I've seen of them both - stats back it up over the last few years that Macrae has better DE. This year Treloar has closed that gap a little and his efficiency has jumped quite a bit from his last couple of years at the pies.

Macrae is a safe kick, not excellent.

Would rather him than Treloar though overall due to that safety in his disposal

Macrae is better than a safe kick, he's a really good kick, part of that is that he knows what he can and can't achieve hence I can see why you'd call him a safe kick as he rarely makes errors. But he's capable of a very high standard.

Both accumulate lots of the ball. JM is a better kick and AT isnmore explosive.
Most people think Dusty and Danger are at the top of the food chain and neither of them can kick.
So i will take AT because of explosive impact.

It has nothing to do with who i follow, i promise :rolleyes:
But he isn't that much more "explosive".

Dusty isn't a bad kick, he is a good long kick and a great kick on goal. But Dusty, Fyfe and Danger are either super dynamic or in Fyfe and Danger's case, contested giants.

The majority of neutrals would back Macrae.

Just because macrae doesn’t have a long, damaging kick doesn’t mean he isn’t damaging. Watch the game and see how many times he wins the ball and then finds the right option.

Yes Treloar can kick the ball further

Not really sure who Macrae is but I'd probably take him over treloar. Treloar has a toxic demeanor like Sicily wouldn't want him on my list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Treloar. Macraes stats are unbelievable but hestitates to kick for goal and has a limited range with his kicking.
Kicking hasn't been the same since the double hammy, and his kicking before that was iffy but he would regularly run and gun from 50, don't think he's nailed one since, hopefully he comes good.

I'd take Treloar. Macraes stats are unbelievable but hestitates to kick for goal and has a limited range with his kicking.

It is frustrating when he refuses to kick for goal, but his foot skills around the ground are miles ahead of Treloar's.

It is frustrating when he refuses to kick for goal, but his foot skills around the ground are miles ahead of Treloar's.

Funnily enough the game against Port he was playing pretty direct because of the conditions and I thought he influenced the game a lot more. Even had a shot on goal from distance

Probably Macrae. Do collingwood fans really think Treloar's double hammy has has long-lasting effects on his game?

Back