Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he honestly wins the Brownlow - I'll get nude down Lulie Street.
There might be a crowd down there that is into such things....

A good looking rooster like you.

:p

Adams' absence matters when judging Treloar's game. At present, Treloar is doing Adams' job, which is not where he does his best work, but someone has to do it. Seir is a candidate, but he is a different type of player, and not in the side yet anyway. Wills is not being played in this position, although extraction was his strength. I see his poor kicking efficiency at present as a function of his role. Adams is better at it.

When Adams returns, Treloar will be able to resume using his burst pace to be a playmaker. At that point, we might resume discussion of his tendency to go for the long running goal or snap when there are other choices he could make that might be more likely to ensure a score. To me, this is the weakness in his game, not poor disposal efficiency when half the field is sitting on him.

People will all look at different aspects when judging a players performance in a game. Many listed Treloar in their Didaka votes from the Swans game but I didn't for instance. Probably wouldn't have made my top 10. Disposal was off but still had a positive impact on the result.

How many of them are 1 metre handballs out of a pack though...
Quite a lot apparently.

He is averaging 33.5 disposals per game. at the same time he is averaging 312m gained per game.

So when his disposal averages are broken down he is averaging 10m gained per possession (about a handball length). His disposal efficiency is a false positive in that it is high at 70%. This is because the majority of his disposals are handballs. He averages 14 kicks per game of which 5 are direct turnovers by foot. So more than 1 in 3 kicks are deemed ineffective.

In most of our close wins this year he's stepped up big time in the 2nd half and hunted the ball like a madman. Have to give him credit for that.

Swanny used to have some 40 disposal games with terrible efficiency as well, it happens with most big accumulators.

Quite a lot apparently.

He is averaging 33.5 disposals per game. at the same time he is averaging 312m gained per game.

So when his disposal averages are broken down he is averaging 10m gained per possession (about a handball length). His disposal efficiency is a false positive in that it is high at 70%. This is because the majority of his disposals are handballs. He averages 14 kicks per game of which 5 are direct turnovers by foot. So more than 1 in 3 kicks are deemed ineffective.
That's what I suspected going from my eyes.

In most of our close wins this year he's stepped up big time in the 2nd half and hunted the ball like a madman. Have to give him credit for that.

Swanny used to have some 40 disposal games with terrible efficiency as well, it happens with most big accumulators.

Although Swan and Treloar are similar for disposal efficiency % that is where the comparison ends.

Dane Swan over his career averaged a 70.5% disposal efficiency in comparison to Adam Treloar’s career disposal efficiency of 70.7%.

Swan averaged a 62% to 38% kick to handball ratio (meaning 62% of his possessions were kicks) over his career. Furthermore, 37.8% of Danes’s possessions were contested. He averaged 2.5 clangers per game.

Treloar has a 46% to 54% kick to handball ratio (meaning only 46% of his possessions are kicks). The only time Trelaor exceeded kick to handball ratio was in his debut season in 2012. This year it has dropped to 44% kicks to 54% handballs. In his time with the Pies Treloar averages a 42% to 58% kick to handball ratio.

38.1% of Adam’s career possessions to date have been contested, and he averages 3.5 clangers per game.

Needs to start doing more with it otherwise Tom Mitchell will be able to give him back that exact same sledge about stat plodding

Oh, is Coxy dating one of our netballers too? Living in HK i seldom see the papers with the tabloid scuttlebutt in them.

Good luck in your 150, Ads!

Coxy currently dating this young lass I think.

GEVA_MENTOR3.png

Everybody played bad on the weekend but I was very disappointed with Treloar's 2nd half. 5 touches in the 3rd quarter and NONE in the 4th. That's been his strongest asset all year, lifting in the 2nd half when we needed him to.

I remember seeing one of the players with their arms on his shoulders as we walked off the field, he looked devastated, would be disappointed in himself for not getting a touch in the final quarter.

I reckon he's going to have a big game on Monday, 40 touches coming up (let's hope they're mostly effective lol)

Everybody played bad on the weekend but I was very disappointed with Treloar's 2nd half. 5 touches in the 3rd quarter and NONE in the 4th. That's been his strongest asset all year, lifting in the 2nd half when we needed him to.

I remember seeing one of the players with their arms on his shoulders as we walked off the field, he looked devastated, would be disappointed in himself for not getting a touch in the final quarter.

I reckon he's going to have a big game on Monday, 40 touches coming up (let's hope they're mostly effective lol)
I think he struggles with his body. Bad games and good, depending on his fitness.
Hopefully the extra break means he will be at his best on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he struggles with his body. Bad games and good, depending on his fitness.
Hopefully the extra break means he will be at his best on Monday.

He's actually one of the most consistent players in the league, he's coming 2nd in most possessions by only 5 and has been battling Lachie Neale for the title all year.

He's actually one of the most consistent players in the league, he's coming 2nd in most possessions by only 5 and has been battling Lachie Neale for the title all year.
He’s an amazing player. I’m backing him to bounce back.

16 contested possessions, 11 clearances and 8 tackles. He was great today aside from a few typical bad kicks

He's doing the dirty work with Adams out (and de Goey having to play forward permanently now with Stevo out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back