Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

No greater example of how misleading stats can be than this.
Whilst I do agree that they can be sometimes, 79% disposal efficiency is 79% disposal efficiency. He had more clearances than any other player for us, he laid more tackles than any other player for us. There’s nothing misleading about it, it’s fact.

Maybe 1 in 5 missed disposals were howlers. I’ll give you leeway and feed the hate and just say he 8 because he had nearly 40 touches, (but for what it’s worth he only had 1 clanger) but the point is that there’s 20 other other guys who should be coming under the microscope more than Adam Treloar.

Last edited:
The one that has been woeful for a long time, josh Thomas needs a spell in the vfl ,Frustrating that he is still playing when he's been so bad for so long
A spell in the midfield perhaps instead.

If Bucks is so adamant he’s sacrificing his game for the team, let’s see him get greedy and maybe get a clearance or two, we’ve got no-one else fit who can.

I'd settle for 25 percent of his Dads confidence, Josh played like a kid who was just happy to be out there tonight, played safe, didn't want to screw up, that isn't your role Josh, your role is to make shiat happen.

This was (more so in hindsight) a terrible game for Josh's first game of the season. He'd be the smallest guy out there against a team of guys like Cunnington, Anderson, McDonald and Zurhaar who were knocking our dicks in the dirt with crunching tackles and bumps all night.

Even still, he was one of the few Pies able to find some space and get off some clean disposals. His form in the VFL should've been rewarded last week or the week before.

He'll be right. He was one of the players I was the least concerned about tonight. Thomas, WHE, Cox, Phillips, Mihocek, Sidebottom and Scharenberg were all considerably worse.

And didn't even look that fazed that we were getting pumped.

Thought Treloar was okay apart from one horrendous passage of play where he was involved multiple times and kept stuffing up.
* turnoverloar,
This was (more so in hindsight) a terrible game for Josh's first game of the season. He'd be the smallest guy out there against a team of guys like Cunnington, Anderson, McDonald and Zurhaar who were knocking our dicks in the dirt with crunching tackles and bumps all night.

Even still, he was one of the few Pies able to find some space and get off some clean disposals. His form in the VFL should've been rewarded last week or the week before.

He'll be right. He was one of the players I was the least concerned about tonight. Thomas, WHE, Cox, Phillips, Mihocek, Sidebottom and Scharenberg were all considerably worse.
Agreed, considering the form of others I think he did enough.

Lost his burst of pace since his injury. Doesn’t really have that point of difference anymore unfortunately. Tries his heart out, but mostly an accumulator with iffy skills these days. Leading the league in disposals, so a very good accumulator, but not damaging, and I get the sense the opposition wouldn’t mind Treloar getting a sh*tload if it at the expense of Pendles or Sidebottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a dreadful thread.

Now I understand what you mean about negative supporters being sickening. One pretty bad loss and the knives are out.

Actually Carlton supporters have more respect for their players than some of us do.

Constructive criticism is fine but crucifying a bloke and expecting him to be cut from the team after racking up 40 possessions is off putting and ridiculous. And at 80% efficiency too as someone pointed out with 1 clanger. This goes beyond hard marking.

Now I understand what you mean about negative supporters being sickening. One pretty bad loss and the knives are out.

Actually Carlton supporters have more respect for their players than some of us do.

Constructive criticism is fine but crucifying a bloke and expecting him to be cut from the team after racking up 40 possessions is off putting and ridiculous. And at 80% efficiency too as someone pointed out with 1 clanger. This goes beyond hard marking.
It only takes one bad loss to see the true colours.

The belting we copped is more a collective thing than it was an individual thing.

We got bullied, as a team, by north, who as a team, tackled, smashed, ran, assisted and did everything required to batter our boy in submission.

The physicality of north made our entire team look soft, weak and not up for the hard stuff.

As disappointing a loss as we’ve had in a very long time. Apart from minutes in the last quarter, when it was already done and dusted, we looked limp and unable to go with them. No spirit at our land right now.

Can't question his effort to run to space and his ability to run from forward to defensively help is important. He probably works harder then any of the current mids at the moment. Unfortunately alot of our midfield group are sitting in the backseat enjoying the ride, and living off past efforts. Names on paper is one thing, but actually working hard and putting the effort in is another. Right now we have one of the worst midfield collaborations in the competition.

I wouldn't be criticising him for what he did do against North, but for what he couldn't. That would be limiting Cunnington in any meaningful way. Having said that, he's giving away a huge amount of size to him.

Grundy had more clangers tonight, and he's comfortably our best player.

If Carey batted before Maxy we'd still have Maxi in the shed.
Terrible idea to drop Ads we'd have gone down by a hundred points but Frank Maxy in the black&white I'd support he'd play well in Stevos role or Adams he'd cost us plenty of coin though make it happen Frank:think:

Last edited:
If we won, we'd be saying how good his 40 possessions were.

Disappointing effort from a team lacking effort and unity doesn't mean the knives should come out for everyone's favorite whipping boy. If Blairy was playing Treloar would be safe....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back