Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I understand what you mean about negative supporters being sickening. One pretty bad loss and the knives are out.

Actually Carlton supporters have more respect for their players than some of us do.

Constructive criticism is fine but crucifying a bloke and expecting him to be cut from the team after racking up 40 possessions is off putting and ridiculous. And at 80% efficiency too as someone pointed out with 1 clanger. This goes beyond hard marking.
I understand what you are saying but you need to break his stats down further. 32 of his 40 possessions were effective. Only 8 of his 14 kicks were effective. Meaning his kicks did not hit a target but did not result in a direct turnover. Most if his poor kicks were non contested possessions. This is the knock on him. His kicks have NO impact. To have 40 possessions and only 290m gained is poor. His opponent had half the possessions on Treloar but double the metres gained.

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine what you’d guys do with Dusty Martin.

Gets high 30 possessions today at 50% efficiency.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying but you need to break his stats down further. 32 of his 40 possessions were effective. Only 8 of his 14 kicks were effective. Meaning his kicks did not hit a target but did not result in a direct turnover. Most if his poor kicks were non contested possessions. This is the knock on him. His kicks have NO impact. To have 40 possessions and only 290m gained is poor. His opponent had half the possessions on Treloar but double the metres gained.

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's been forced to play at the coalface which is not his go and he's making a great fist of it. Pretty hard to break free and kick long winning it in close.

He hasn't had a good game all year. I'd seriously replace him with Wills at this point.

Gotta try him in a different role where he can have even a modicum of impact on a game. Maybe give him a run with role or half forward role.

Wills is injured.

Highest stats, highest turnovers... Scapegoat.

Actually, Pendles had the highest number of turnovers with 8, Treloar on =2nd along with Phillips, Mihocek, Sidebottom, Crisp & JDG all on 5. Not sure why a lot of this Treloar heat isn't being directed at Phillips who also went at less than 46 DE%.

Actually, Pendles had the highest number of turnovers with 8, Treloar on =2nd along with Phillips, Mihocek, Sidebottom, Crisp & JDG all on 5. Not sure why a lot of this Treloar heat isn't being directed at Phillips who also went at less than 46 DE%.
The only thing I can say about Phillips is hurry up John Noble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows you the futility of pure stats, as anyone who watched both games would say how significantly more damaging Martin was over Treloar.
Yes that is true.

But if Martin was ours in this environment he’d likely get a bit a kicking too.

He is the better player.

But does indicate that efficiency can be misleading to the role they may play.

He's been forced to play at the coalface which is not his go and he's making a great fist of it. Pretty hard to break free and kick long winning it in close.
Other than Grundy, he's our only midfielder scrapping for the ball at the moment. Should be getting praise not criticism.

Proves how inadequate we are as a side when both Pendlebury & Sidebottom (our better users) are down.
And that Sir is the most simple and best analysis yet.

Sidebottom is not stellar this season (hit and miss) and such a difference maker if he gets his mojo back.

Pendlebury is mega important. He’s blanketed, trouble.

Other than Grundy, he's our only midfielder scrapping for the ball at the moment. Should be getting praise not criticism.

I'm rapt with him. Yes sometimes you wish he could be cleaner but being the leading possession getter in the league this far in is a great accomplishment and you don't do that without winning a ton of your own ball. Think Copeland would be Grundy, Treloar, Pendles, daylight...

And that Sir is the most simple and best analysis yet.

Sidebottom is not stellar this season (hit and miss) and such a difference maker if he gets his mojo back.

Pendlebury is mega important. He’s blanketed, trouble.
Sidebottom is paying the price for becoming too damaging. He tears teams to shreds if he doesn't get a hard tag, but can be kept pretty quiet with a hard tag, which he is now getting regularly.

I'm rapt with him. Yes sometimes you wish he could be cleaner but being the leading possession getter in the league this far in is a great accomplishment and you don't do that without winning a ton of your own ball. Think Copeland would be Grundy, Treloar, Pendles, daylight...
I'd expect Grundy, Treloar, daylight, Crisp, Pendles

Unfortunately he hasn't got near half his best of last year.

I'd say his best games have been up there, but he's had a lot of down days where he's copped a hard tag which he hasn't been able to break. I think it's time to turn he tables and have him run with a gun to avoid the tag.

I'd say his best games have been up there, but he's had a lot of down days where he's copped a hard tag which he hasn't been able to break. I think it's time to turn he tables and have him run with a gun to avoid the tag.

Considering last year's breakout 20 vote Brownlow 2nd place (too lazy to google exact votes) and stellar finals series apart from GF, this year he might have 5 votes up until now. Steep cliff from being clearly in the best 3 most weeks last year. Last year was his career year though and perhaps his peak.

I'd expect Grundy, Treloar, daylight, Crisp, Pendles
Not saying he’s top couple but Roughead would be going along very nicely Copeland wise too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back