Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh is that Matthews bloke still going on about this? Geez get a grip man.
I think he does have a grip.

Doesn’t let go. That’s the problem.

I just got in here, but did someone actually suggest that Treloar should be dropped after 40 possessions at 80% disposal efficiency in a 44 point loss?

My word.

The level of cluelessness leaves me clueless!
giphy.gif

He has to be the most wasteful and inefficient 30+ accumulator in history.

Some of his decision-making is abhorrent - blind overhead handballs in the middle of the ground, handballing to teammates under pressure. Dinky 1-2s which lose us ground and invite pressure. He does all of this every week.

You can’t fault his effort but he’s simply an ineffective accumulator these days, nothing more.

Some of his decision-making is abhorrent - blind overhead handballs in the middle of the ground, handballing to teammates under pressure. Dinky 1-2s which lose us ground and invite pressure. He does all of this every week.

You can’t fault his effort but he’s simply an ineffective accumulator these days, nothing more.
A poor mans Tom Mitchell. Trade bait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the Human Turnover Machine

I actually think it’s his decision making rather than the actual execution of the kick... unlike Taylor Adams who clearly shanks his kicks it’s almost as if he laces out opposition players expecting a teammates to come across or be there when they simply are not. I watched a few of his turnovers closely tonight and he clearly intended to kick it where the ball went it’s just a Hawthorn player had better position than the pies player and he laced them out..

Is that a decision making, depth perception or skill issue? I’m not really sure

We miss Taylor Adams badly. Until he comes back and then gets bagged for turnovers.
Treloar is not in top form but not the biggest worry in our midfield yet.

Sure Do. He is our Main Inside Mid and we have to play players like Treloar out of Postion to Replace him

People are constantly claiming that Treloar's disposal efficiency is poor because he is being played out of position. What is this based on?

For the past 3 years he has had a kick to HB ratio of 42/58, being that only 42% of his disposals are kicks. So despite 60% of his possessions being HB's his disposal efficiency is poor.

In 2017 he was ranked 17th in the AFL for uncontested possessions. This year he is ranked third in the AFL for uncontested possessions.

2019: 42/58 kick to handball ratio. Averages 33 possessions per game; (14 kicks per game) averages 22.9 effective disposals per game, with 6 turnovers per game
2018: 42/58 kick to handball ratio. Averaged 30 possessions per game (12.6 kicks per game); averaged 19.9 effective disposals per game, with 6 turnovers per game
2017: 43/57 kick to handball ratio. Averaged 29.5 possessions per game (13.1 kicks per game); averaged 19.5 effective disposals per game, with 6 turnovers per game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back