Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say, but we'd be a worse midfield without him (going by current situation).
He just needs to work on decision-making. Really, his disposal isn't too bad and no one is stopping him when he streams through the middle. He then shits the bed when a defend comes within 10m of him and dishes off a hospital handpass to a player who didn't expect it (not necessarily for a lack of chemistry). The best thing to do in that situation, with no other eligible recievers in sight, is really to just kick it forward a make ground. If he's going to lose the ball, he might as well lose it 25m out of our goal than in the centre square.

No but the midfield is the #1 issue and he's one of the main parts of the spluttering midfield.

Arguably his best ever season statistically. Has always had disposal issues so not sure why it's more of an issue this year than last or in 2017.

Arguably his best ever season statistically. Has always had disposal issues so not sure why it's more of an issue this year than last or in 2017.

He's lost his explosive pace since his hammies went, meaning he longer breaks away from packs and penetrates. Now he has to kick under a lot more pressure and has to do a lot more sideways hacks

He's lost his explosive pace since his hammies went, meaning he longer breaks away from packs and penetrates. Now he has to kick under a lot more pressure and has to do a lot more sideways hacks

He was never a great kick tbh but its exacerbated now likely due to the reasons you outlined and also the way we use him. GWS had him running past the contest being fed on the move often with Sheil as the other runner breaking with him.

Since coming to the pies he has been far too inside the contest and flat footed around the drop zone.

I believe he is on track, statistically, for a career year.

Shows how misleading looking at pure numbers, without context, is.

If you averaged out his meters gained per possession on the weekend it was only +8.9m per disposal.

Now things aren't that simple as there is also assisted meters gained and kick to handball ratios etc but even still for his type that is horrible for a 30 disposal player.

Also it's not all on him either imo GWS used him far more efficiently and smartly.

If you averaged out his meters gained per possession on the weekend it was only +8.9m per disposal.

Now things aren't that simple as there is also assisted meters gained and kick to handball ratios etc but even still for his type that is horrible for a 30 disposal player.

Also it's not all on him either imo GWS used him far more efficiently and smartly.
100%

If you look at some key metric around effectiveness, Adam is on track for his poorest year for I50's, R50's, Goals, Tackles, Goal Assists & Clangers.

Wasn't as bad as Sidebototm and Crocker.

Pendlebury and Grundy carried the midfield tonight with Treloar as support

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 39, fu** me - I must be watching a different game.

We'll be a better side for Taylor Adams coming back in, which should release Adam a touch.

I certainly don't notice a 39 game from Treloar like I used to notice a 39 from Swanny. Not very damaging most weeks but he certainly knows how to find it.

* this bloke cops some s**t his tackling was huge, some of his close inside work really helped open the game.

I just can't believe the BULLSHIT, would love him to leave the club and watch the massive hole in the midfield just so I could go through every post in this thread and attach it with a fukwit comment.

39 disposals
27 effective disposals
18 uncontested
16 contested
6 tackles
7 clearences
3 inside 50s
3 rebound 50s

2 CLANGERS

Last edited:
fu** this bloke cops some s**t his tackling was huge, some of his close inside work really helped open the game.

I just can't believe the BULLs**t, would love him to leave the club and watch the massive hole in the midfield just so I could go through every post on in this thread and attach it with a fukwit comment.

39 disposals
27 effective disposals
18 uncontested
16 contested
6 tackles
7 clearences
3 inside 50s
3 rebound 50s

2 CLANGERS
The bloke busts his arse week in week out and hasn’t had much support for several games. He’s a vital cog in the midfield and we’d be much worse without him. I can’t wait until Tay comes back in because Treloar will once again flourish in his traditional role.

...wait, people are criticising Treloar's game?

Near enough to best on. If a single Eagles midfielder showed half the intent of Treloar tonight, there's no way we win.

I give up. If you're not happy with that, go support the Blues and console yourself with how flawless Cripps is in loss after devastating loss.

With great respect, people criticising Treloar are not watching the game.

He’s racking them up in the Adams role. He’s there contest on contest.

Like many high possession getters in the inner engine room the efficiency does drop.

Been holding us together.

fu** this bloke cops some s**t his tackling was huge, some of his close inside work really helped open the game.

I just can't believe the BULLs**t, would love him to leave the club and watch the massive hole in the midfield just so I could go through every post on in this thread and attach it with a fukwit comment.

39 disposals
27 effective disposals
18 uncontested
16 contested
6 tackles
7 clearences
3 inside 50s
3 rebound 50s

2 CLANGERS
They are fantastic numbers.

Not in the numbers is his ongoing intent.
Gets to contest after contest, after contest.

Reading through and noticing some comments that are really leaving me scratching my noggin. He’ll end the season with 20+ Brownlow votes and a top 2 B&F finish and a minority are speculating on moving him on? I mean come on!

Without Adams he’s doing more work on the inside so once Adams returns he can play with a bit more freedom. To me it should allow him and the midfield go up a gear. I just hope we stick with Sier once Adams is right!

39 disposals
27 effective disposals
18 uncontested
16 contested
6 tackles
7 clearences
3 inside 50s
3 rebound 50s

2 CLANGERS
Spot on can't believe that some of OUR supporters criticize him so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back