Universal Love Adam Treloar

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 84 88.4%
  • You are wrong

Votes: 11 11.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone write a comparison of the respective deals?

Behind Buckley def the best player at the time of trade.

But has a lot to do to go past Clement or Licuria in terms of what he does for the Club.
Huge respect for Licca, got every ounce out of himself but Treloar is top shelf.

The Melbourne media will get on board next year & everyone will be saying, "What a great pick up by the Pies, sensational player."

Bucks has made us a destination club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocca and Clement two pretty big names to surpass, but he has the potential to.

But what about Jack Crisp (and I'm only half joking)?

He's miles better than Crisp already and I doubt Crisp will ever reach the level Treloar is currently at let alone whatever level Treloar reaches, and that's not a knock on Crisp at all.

Ok guys and gals. I'm going to say it. AT is the best player we have recruited from another club since Buckley. Hands down.

That is all.

No doubt about it. Buckley was a better player but Treloar will achieve the ultimate.

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this thread. When recruited;

a. Clement was a good average player;
b. Rocca was a kid; and
c. Licca was a kid with a horrible injury history (he was basically what Freeman is now).

They all became stars at Collingwood, Clement a genuine champion. We didn't recruit them as stars. Treloar already is one.

I loved Ball but even at his best he wasn't the player Treloar is already.

Jolly is the only one who you could mount a case for. He was one of the best rucks around when we got him. He had one good year for us (he was horrible after that). He just picked the right one!

Last edited:
I voted yes but i think he is an even second with James Clement. What a player Jimmy was and also a dual BnF winner for us. Anthony Rocca went alright too, Luke ball and Jolly were both vital to premiership success. Shane Woewodin was just awesome though!!

Clinton Young is by FAR our best recruit of the decade, Jesse White a close second.
I'm not even sure if Treloar even comes close.

(Yes, I too think Treloar is second to Bucks as our best pickup, maybe our best ever, it's exciting times here at Pieland.)

Back