Adam's 2016 Brownlow Count

Remove this Banner Ad

Doing what I have for a few years now in my own time in constructing my own Brownlow count, giving 3-2-1 votes for each game, but now posting on BF.

Have a decent rate of success:
Correctly picked Dane swan in 2011
Correctly picked Gary Ablett Jr in 2013
Correctly picked Nat Fyfe in 2015

Please note that I cannot watch every game every week and have to rely on stat sheets and supercoach scores and my opinion will indeed differ to yours. Doing this for my enjoyment and for your observation, but you can take what you want out of it.

pacman

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2006
Sunny Gold Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Round 2

Collingwood (13.9.87) v Richmond (12.14.86)
3: Alex Fasolo (Collingwood)
2: Bachar Houli (Richmond)
1: Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)

Adelaide (22.12.144) v Port Adelaide (11.20.86)
3: Tom Lynch (Adelaide)
2: Eddie Betts (Adelaide)
1: Scott Thompson (Adelaide)

Essendon (11.14.80) v Melbourne (10.7.67)
3: Zach Merrett (Essendon)
2: David Zaharakis (Essendon)
1: Joe Daniher (Essendon)

Brisbane Lions (11.17.83) v North Melbourne (17.15.117)
3: Jarrad Waite (North Melbourne)
2: Dayne Zorko (Brisbane Lions)
1: Daniel Wells (North Melbourne)

St Kilda (5.6.36) v Western Bulldogs (13.15.93)
3: Marcus Adams (Western Bulldogs)
2: Jason Johannisen (Western Bulldogs)
1: Lachie Hunter (Western Bulldogs)

Fremantle (14.16.100) v Gold Coast (19.12.126)
3: Tom J. Lynch (Gold Coast)
2: Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle)
1: Gary Ablett Jr (Gold Coast)

GWS Giants (13.11.89) v Geelong (11.10.76)
3: Ryan Griffen (GWS Giants)
2: Mark Blicavs (Geelong)
1: Tom Scully (GWS Giants)

Hawthorn (14.15.99) v West Coast (7.11.53)
3: Josh Gibson (Hawthorn)
2: Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn)
1: Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)

Carlton (10.11.71) v Sydney Swans (20.11.131)
3: Tom Mitchell (Sydney Swans)
2: Callum Sinclair (Sydney Swans)
1: Daniel Hannebery (Sydney Swans)

Round 2 Leaderboard
  1. Jarrad Waite (North Melbourne) - 6
  2. Jason Johannisen (Western Bulldogs) - 5
  3. Tom Mitchell (Sydney Swans) - 5
  4. Gary Ablett Jr (Gold Coast) - 4
  5. Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) - 4
  6. Kane Lambert (Richmond) - 3
  7. Callan Ward (GWS Giants) - 3
  8. Luke Parker (Sydney Swans) - 3
  9. Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide) - 3
  10. Josh Kennedy (West Coast) - 3
  11. Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) - 3
  12. Alex Fasolo (Collingwood) - 3
  13. Tom Lynch (Adelaide) - 3
  14. Zach Merrett (Essendon) - 3
  15. Marcus Adams (Essendon) - 3
  16. Tom J. Lynch (Gold Coast) - 3
  17. Ryan Griffen (GWS Giants) - 3
  18. Josh Gibson (Hawthorn) - 3
I have Hall on 6 Votes from the Suns was easily BOG for mine on Saturday and only Abletts name will get him the 3 over Hall in week 1.
Only my opinion.

I have Hall on 6 Votes from the Suns was easily BOG for mine on Saturday and only Abletts name will get him the 3 over Hall in week 1.
Only my opinion.

Agree that Hall was BOG against us, but still think Gary will get the 3 votes. He's a proven vote getter in a return hit out and played a great game, umpires can't help but notice him.

Yea that's what I said earlier, his melon helps him stand out and his name.

Plus they might have kept an extra eye on things because of the talk of a Crowley tag on his first game back, might have expected more to happen. s**t I expected Crowley to hassle him more.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Thoughts on Pendlebury over Treloar? Pendlebury had a pretty bad 4th quarter whereas Treloar got the quarter high disposals.
Pendles was splendid in the first half and was good in the 3rd. Went missing a bit in the last, but I think over four quarters, he was better than Treloar. I was debating between Martin and Pendlebury at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaintRick88

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Awesome work Adam! Can I ask how many games do you manage to watch each week? Do you have to base it largely on stats and media votes in addition to what you watch?

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Awesome work Adam! Can I ask how many games do you manage to watch each week? Do you have to base it largely on stats and media votes in addition to what you watch?
Thank for that, I try to watch as many as I can. Friday and Saturday (twilights as well) nights are locks basicaly unless I'm out which isn''t too often. I don't do a lot on Sundays either so there's always footy to watch then. I probably watch four games a week, five if I'm at home all weekend. I look at stats quite after every game to back up my votes and make sure I wasn't too focused on specific players over others. I tend to visit afl.com.au a lot to look at their news reports and who they think was best as well. My plan for the whole thing is to do my own count and then throw money on my winner and hope it pays off.

This week, I watched Roos vs Dogs, Giants vs Hawks, Geelong vs GCS and Pies vs West Coast front to finish. I also saw about 2-3 quarters of Lions vs Swans.

Last edited:

Engimal v2

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good effort. Can only really speak for the North players, but I think you've done well by them.

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Good effort but giving Dangerfield two votes last week makes your whole effort pointless.

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
no it doesn't. He could (likely won't) poll 2 but how does that make the whole thing pointless
It is quite clear that he looked at the stats to give Dangerfield votes. It is a good effort. Actually an amazing effort. But when you're basing it on stats rather than watching the game, then it makes the count pointless.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
It is quite clear that he looked at the stats to give Dangerfield votes. It is a good effort. Actually an amazing effort. But when you're basing it on stats rather than watching the game, then it makes the count pointless.
You're not wrong. I was at the Collingwood vs WB game so had no viewing of the match at all. I doubt he will get the 2 in an underwhelming loss like that but I don't like changing votes after I've given them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back