Bumped Adams Kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

He is handballing a lot this year showing that he is learning his limitations.

He is not a bad kick, which was highlighted by that chizzler to elliott in the last.

His problem is decision making and not taking his first option. You know when he ignores hos first option and starts looking around that its going to go bad. When he plays on instinct he can kick nicely.

Reminds me of rheece shaw in this regards. Used to be a horrible ball user when he had time. He now plays on instinct and has improved.

That sums exactly what I think. When he plays on Instinct he can be very good but when he starts looking for Different Options and be Fancy he can be like Cloke in Front of Goal. Could go Anywhere

Last edited:
No offence TD, but you seem to create a new thread for every single thing.

This does not need a thread of its own. It has been discussed ad nauseam over Adams' career with us so far... it does not need it's own thread.

I thought I have barley made any new threads lately

I think his kicking has improved a lot from last year. I think we just notice his poor kicks a lot more because its Adams.

That is Real Good Chance because People Remember his Shockers Last Year so People look for it more with Adams

The way some people talk about his kicking, you'd think he was Jaxson Barham or something!

His actual technique is fine. Like others have already mentioned I'm sure, it's just the decision making. This may or may not improve over time, but from looking at last season to this season, we can see he's going to get better as time goes on.

The way some people talk about his kicking, you'd think he was Jaxson Barham or something!

His actual technique is fine. Like others have already mentioned I'm sure, it's just the decision making. This may or may not improve over time, but from looking at last season to this season, we can see he's going to get better as time goes on.

Agree - Some people overact a fair bit.

He has shown improvement and this is very Encouraging

I think he has to realise his limitations and play it a little more simple, not trying to hit the difficult pass, especially when going across the field.

I think you're confusing last year with this one. He got fit in the pre-season with Kennedy and has clearly worked on his kicking and more importantly his decision-making. He's an earnest guy and is doing everything he can to make the right decisions.

And in fact he is now using his vision to pick out good options out wide and in space.

Sssssshhhh... We don't want to mention it, do we?

Bugger it, at times Swanny was kicking like Mick McGuane with the dead leg. I love the bloke but his field kicking needs sharpening up, big time.

Swan’s Kicking has never been Fantastic always been just Okay really

Totally agree, he always scrubbed a few but when you get 40 possessions and run like a train it doesn't matter.

But the quality has dropped just a notch from what I see. We're all getting older, it just happens. Still a gun. :)

Yeah - Swan is starting to show his Age but still very good player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MITCH Duncan is the best kick in the competition.

Surprised? You shouldn’t be.

There’s Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood and all that grunt, which has meant Duncan has almost been the underrated piece de resistance.

Duncan has racked up 129 kicks this season with a No. 1 kick rating 12.8 per cent above the AFL average. After an injury-interrupted 2015, his outside class has proved the perfect accompaniment for Dangerfield’s inside power.

Champion Data’s measurement takes into account the amount of pressure the kicker is under and the difficulty of the kick. It provides the most accurate gauge of kicking prowess.

Duncan also ranks second in the competition for arguably the most important kick in the game — the delivery inside forward 50m. The Cats retain possession from 60.6 per cent of Duncan’s forward forays.

Geelong has three players inside the top six in this statistic, with Selwood (fifth) and Steven Motlop (sixth). Which means if you give the Cats a “sighter’’ going inside 50m they’re likely to take full toll.

Similarly, Greater Western Sydney’s scintillating transition is made possible by the fact it has three players — Zac Williams, Josh Kelly and Callan Ward — inside the top 10 best kicks in the competition.

The Giants also have the most representation in the metres gained department, with rebounding half-backs Heath Shaw (third) and Nathan Wilson (sixth) prominent in a stat Port Adelaide’s Jasper Pittard dominates.

Aaron Hall was dropped this month by Rodney Eade for his lack of defensive accountability, but what the emerging Gold Coast midfielder did well — run and carry — he did very well. Hall is the best kick inside 50m and seventh for average metres gained per game.

Hawthorn star Cyril Rioli is the best kick for goal in the land, while Daniel Wells’ stunning renaissance is underlined by his standing as the No. 1 score assist player.

No defender is harder to beat in a one-on-one than West Coast big man Jeremy McGovern, while injured Swan Kurt Tippett is the best one-on-one forward.

WHO ARE THE BEST KICKS AT YOUR CLUB?

ADELAIDE

Daniel Talia 112 (+7.9%)

Luke Brown 127 (+7.2%)

Rory Sloane 110 (+3.3%)

BRISBANE

Pearce Hanley 122 (+6.3%)

Sam Mayes 104 (+2.0%)

Dayne Zorko 138 (-0.0%)

CARLTON

Zach Tuohy 118 (+10.0%)

Kade Simpson 190 (+7.9%)

Sam Docherty 168 (+7.7%)

COLLINGWOOD

Scott Pendlebury 136 (+11.0%)

Taylor Adams 112 (+6.6%)

Ben Reid 124 (+4.3%)

ESSENDON

Matt Dea 119 (+5.1%)

James Kelly 139 (+3.6%)

Brendon Goddard 145 (+3.3%)

FREMANTLE

Lee Spurr 127 (+9.8%)

Cameron Sutcliffe 100 (1.7%)

Tommy Sheridan 103 (+0.6%)

GEELONG

Mitch Duncan 129 (+12.8%)

Lachie Henderson 103 (+6.2%)

Joel Selwood 155 (+5.7%)

GOLD COAST SUNS

Gary Ablett 123 (+5.4%)

Aaron Hall 147 (+2.6%)

Nick Malceski 124 (-0.8%)

GWS GIANTS

Zac Williams 126 (+9.9%)

Josh Kelly 130 (+9.2%)

Callan Ward 116 (+8.8%)

HAWTHORN

Josh Gibson 120 (+7.7%)

Grant Birchall 127 (+7.1%)

Billy Hartung 115 (+5.6%)

MELBOURNE

Tom McDonald 121 (+8.2%)

Bernie Vince 175 (+3.8%)

Jack Viney 101 (-1.1%)

NORTH MELBOURNE

Daniel Wells 103 (+5.3%)

Jamie Macmillan 118 (+3.0%)

Robbie Tarrant 119 (+3.0%)

PORT ADELAIDE

Jasper Pittard 178 (+2.4%)

Travis Boak 104 (+1.9%)

Jared Polec 104 (+1.5%)

RICHMOND

Dustin Martin 162 (+4.8%)

Trent Cotchin 140 (+3.6%)

Shaun Grigg 118 (+3.0%)

ST KILDA

Shane Savage 139 (+7.3%)

Jack Newnes 148 (+4.2%)

Nick Riewoldt 109 (+2.7%)

SYDNEY

Dane Rampe 117 (+2.7%)

Kieren Jack 127 (+2.0%)

Luke Parker 110 (+1.3%)

WEST COAST

Shannon Hurn 134 (+10.9%)

Brad Sheppard 112 (+3.3%)

Jeremy McGovern 109 (+0.1%)

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Boyd 175 (+7.9%)

Shane Biggs 147 (+4.4%)

Caleb Daniel 104 (+3.8%)

PORT ADELAIDE

Travis Boak 104 (+1.9%)

Jared Polec 104 (+1.5%)

It's called cut and paste TradeDraft :mad::mad::mad:

Well having less pressure should result in improved efficiency.

What we have learned is Adams probably can't handle the heat from opposition players if played onball. His kicking efficiency turns to s**t.
Well that's it then. Adams can only hit a target without any pressure. Players don't develop or improve it's just about position. Case closed.

Well having less pressure should result in improved efficiency.

What we have learned is Adams probably can't handle the heat from opposition players if played onball. His kicking efficiency turns to s**t.

The first part was kinda my point. I guess tone is hard to assess in written form...

I hazard a guess it's not simply lower pressure, but also growth in his game. I realise it's rare in Collingwood footballers, but here we may have some, all be it limited, tangible proof of it.

MITCH Duncan is the best kick in the competition.

Surprised? You shouldn’t be.

There’s Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood and all that grunt, which has meant Duncan has almost been the underrated piece de resistance.

Duncan has racked up 129 kicks this season with a No. 1 kick rating 12.8 per cent above the AFL average. After an injury-interrupted 2015, his outside class has proved the perfect accompaniment for Dangerfield’s inside power.

Champion Data’s measurement takes into account the amount of pressure the kicker is under and the difficulty of the kick. It provides the most accurate gauge of kicking prowess.

Duncan also ranks second in the competition for arguably the most important kick in the game — the delivery inside forward 50m. The Cats retain possession from 60.6 per cent of Duncan’s forward forays.

Geelong has three players inside the top six in this statistic, with Selwood (fifth) and Steven Motlop (sixth). Which means if you give the Cats a “sighter’’ going inside 50m they’re likely to take full toll.

Similarly, Greater Western Sydney’s scintillating transition is made possible by the fact it has three players — Zac Williams, Josh Kelly and Callan Ward — inside the top 10 best kicks in the competition.

The Giants also have the most representation in the metres gained department, with rebounding half-backs Heath Shaw (third) and Nathan Wilson (sixth) prominent in a stat Port Adelaide’s Jasper Pittard dominates.

Aaron Hall was dropped this month by Rodney Eade for his lack of defensive accountability, but what the emerging Gold Coast midfielder did well — run and carry — he did very well. Hall is the best kick inside 50m and seventh for average metres gained per game.

Hawthorn star Cyril Rioli is the best kick for goal in the land, while Daniel Wells’ stunning renaissance is underlined by his standing as the No. 1 score assist player.

No defender is harder to beat in a one-on-one than West Coast big man Jeremy McGovern, while injured Swan Kurt Tippett is the best one-on-one forward.

WHO ARE THE BEST KICKS AT YOUR CLUB?

ADELAIDE

Daniel Talia 112 (+7.9%)

Luke Brown 127 (+7.2%)

Rory Sloane 110 (+3.3%)

BRISBANE

Pearce Hanley 122 (+6.3%)

Sam Mayes 104 (+2.0%)

Dayne Zorko 138 (-0.0%)

CARLTON

Zach Tuohy 118 (+10.0%)

Kade Simpson 190 (+7.9%)

Sam Docherty 168 (+7.7%)

COLLINGWOOD

Scott Pendlebury 136 (+11.0%)

Taylor Adams 112 (+6.6%)

Ben Reid 124 (+4.3%)

ESSENDON

Matt Dea 119 (+5.1%)

James Kelly 139 (+3.6%)

Brendon Goddard 145 (+3.3%)

FREMANTLE

Lee Spurr 127 (+9.8%)

Cameron Sutcliffe 100 (1.7%)

Tommy Sheridan 103 (+0.6%)

GEELONG

Mitch Duncan 129 (+12.8%)

Lachie Henderson 103 (+6.2%)

Joel Selwood 155 (+5.7%)

GOLD COAST SUNS

Gary Ablett 123 (+5.4%)

Aaron Hall 147 (+2.6%)

Nick Malceski 124 (-0.8%)

GWS GIANTS

Zac Williams 126 (+9.9%)

Josh Kelly 130 (+9.2%)

Callan Ward 116 (+8.8%)

HAWTHORN

Josh Gibson 120 (+7.7%)

Grant Birchall 127 (+7.1%)

Billy Hartung 115 (+5.6%)

MELBOURNE

Tom McDonald 121 (+8.2%)

Bernie Vince 175 (+3.8%)

Jack Viney 101 (-1.1%)

NORTH MELBOURNE

Daniel Wells 103 (+5.3%)

Jamie Macmillan 118 (+3.0%)

Robbie Tarrant 119 (+3.0%)

PORT ADELAIDE

Travis Boak 104 (+1.9%)

Jared Polec 104 (+1.5%)

RICHMOND

Dustin Martin 162 (+4.8%)

Trent Cotchin 140 (+3.6%)

Shaun Grigg 118 (+3.0%)

ST KILDA

Shane Savage 139 (+7.3%)

Jack Newnes 148 (+4.2%)

Nick Riewoldt 109 (+2.7%)

SYDNEY

Dane Rampe 117 (+2.7%)

Kieren Jack 127 (+2.0%)

Luke Parker 110 (+1.3%)

WEST COAST

Shannon Hurn 134 (+10.9%)

Brad Sheppard 112 (+3.3%)

Jeremy McGovern 109 (+0.1%)

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Boyd 175 (+7.9%)

Shane Biggs 147 (+4.4%)

Caleb Daniel 104 (+3.8%)

PORT ADELAIDE

Travis Boak 104 (+1.9%)

Jared Polec 104 (+1.5%)

It's called cut and paste TradeDraft :mad::mad::mad:

I thought Copy and Pasting Breaks copyright laws Anzacday

I noticed Adams rapid kicking improvement even before his move to the backline.

It will take awhile for others to catch on, but hes a great kick.

I noticed Adams rapid kicking improvement even before his move to the backline.

It will take awhile for others to catch on, but hes a great kick.

Just keep getting Better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back