Rumour Addam Maric trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Nahas is 10x better than him and he can't even get a game. So yeah, don't want.
Comments from Bay13 types...
betty-white.jpg

Not sure if Maric is much chop to be honest. His much hyped accuracy around goals appears to be a myth from what I've seen, he's very small and just doesn't seem to do enough.

However, I would hang on to him for 1 more year just in case he pulls his finger out and comes good. It's not like we'd get anything decent for him anyway.

Nahas is 10x better than him and he can't even get a game. So yeah, don't want.

And Dustin’s ass makes Beyonce bush. What your point?

Tigers upgraded Relton Roberts at the start of the year so that gives you a bit of an idea about where the Tigers are at.

I know Casey got beat by 20 goals at the weekend but all I saw was a lazy footballer and he did bugger all really. Disposal was terrible, spacing was poor(although so was delivery) and did nothing to show me a glimpse he will get in the side. Especially with the likes of Bail to come back, Wonna when he loses another 5kg or so and Jetta looking good.

Demons that seem to know keep mentioning FIGJAM. I don't know how true that is but it will be a waste of good talent if it is. He can play and he has great balance but if his head isn't right then he is just a list clogger.

Relton is overweight, but it is rich coming from Demonds supporters who have Wonna on there list. Was the wrong call upgrading him but he is a talented player if he gets fit.

I think someone mentioned a pick between 27-30 for him, I don't think we would be offering something that high considering he was drafted at 21 and as most of you have said seems to have shown nothing. I think you would be looking at a pick in the 40's.

Has your porky been injured for two years? Ours has.

No his just been playing footy in the local league up in Darwin and has been at an AFL club all of 6-7 months.

What was Wona's injury? There is no excuse for getting that big when you are a professional sportsman, he can always do swimming or plenty of other exercises that won't take it's toll on his injury.

Whilst he has some ability, he's no Brent Harvey unfortunately. He's not hard enough at the contest and given he's in his third year I'd trade him, albeit his low currency.

I believe in turning players over that haven't shown enough, even though occasionally you'll get burnt. Daniel Bell is the classic list clogger and for too long under Daniher we didn't turn the list over because he thought we were in challenging mode. We had less draft picks than just about every other club in Daniher's last 6 years.

Instead of taking advantage and possibly picking a Barlow on the Rookie list last year, where we had first dibs, we held on to Newton and Meesen.

No his just been playing footy in the local league up in Darwin and has been at an AFL club all of 6-7 months.

What was Wona's injury? There is no excuse for getting that big when you are a professional sportsman, he can always do swimming or plenty of other exercises that won't take it's toll on his injury.

Hamstring and knee injuries which really limited him to what he could do recovery-wise.

Whilst he has some ability, he's no Brent Harvey unfortunately. He's not hard enough at the contest and given he's in his third year I'd trade him, albeit his low currency.

I believe in turning players over that haven't shown enough, even though occasionally you'll get burnt. Daniel Bell is the classic list clogger and for too long under Daniher we didn't turn the list over because he thought we were in challenging mode. We had less draft picks than just about every other club in Daniher's last 6 years.

Instead of taking advantage and possibly picking a Barlow on the Rookie list last year, where we had first dibs, we held on to Newton and Meesen.

They were still contracted, it was a way of downgrading them and getting them off the main list without having to pay them out, it was the best result possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too small and if you are small you have to be very good to make it at AFL level.

He's about 6cms taller than Brent Harvey. As you say, he's just not quite good enough. He's probably good enough to eke out 60-80 games at some clubs, but I don't see much of a future at Melb.

They were still contracted, it was a way of downgrading them and getting them off the main list without having to pay them out, it was the best result possible.

Despite the bad press and relationship disater with player managers, I would have delisted Newton and paid out his contract.

Despite the bad press and relationship disater with player managers, I would have delisted Newton and paid out his contract.

We did get Gawn and Fitzpatrick with the two picks, although I hear what you're saying with the rookie picks. It would have been nice.

If either Gawn or Fitzpatrick make it I'll be happy though.

IMO you can only have on of HUGHES or MARIC.

I remember Maric playing up at the GC VS the Saints on a Saturday night and he really did show some great signs and kicked a couple of goals. He was jumping round like a cat with the ball and seems to have great balance. We really should give him a stint in the AFL, we are playing Watts and Miller so I think we could give Maric a shot.?

Maric hasnt prospered, it seems he is stagnent.
Weve kept Bell, Meeson, Newton even Bartram on our list
for years and they have done nothing, so why get rid of a kid
who at least has talent, but might need time.

Everyone was calling for the Sylvia trade before last year,
patience is the key, we have nothing to lose with Maric,
makes it then good on him - doesnt, who cares.

If we really want to trade Maric, then surely we'd chase a guy
like Ben McKinley - a decent size forward with scope, who apparently
wants to come back to Vic.

And if Collingwood are interested, then Dawes would be an aim.

Theres no point getting rid of Maric for the sake of it, unless as mentioned
earlier, he is out on the turps, ala Chopper Carrol.

I had a dream about Addam Maric (and other Melbourne players last night).

There was some football clinic at high school (I for some reason was back in high school) and they were giving away jigsaw puzzles of player faces as prizes. I saw a Brad Green one and asked if I could have that and they said no but I could have an Addam Maric one. I said "nah, he's s**t". I then realised that it was Addam Maric handing them out. I felt a bit bad :(

Later on I asked Jack Watts who he thought was the most exciting young talent at Melbourne, aside from Trengove, Scully and Jurrah. He named some guy from the Gold Coast.

The dream sort of fizzled out then.

Weve kept Bell, Meeson, Newton even Bartram on our list for years and they have done nothing

To be fair Bartram finished 5th in the Rising Star in his first year and was crocked nearly the entire second year so he had a fair old base to be working from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back