List Mgmt. Adelaide 2018 End-of-Season List Management Decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Every player over the age of 22 is on the trade table apart from Sloane, M Crouch, Greenwood, Talia, Laird, Smith, Milera, Seedsman, Greenwood, Knight.
Betts won't be traded either.

Also, JJ is going nowhere despite what some think.

RE-SIGNED or UPGRADED:
Kyle Cheney
Andy Otten
Lachlan Murphy (R)

RETAINED AS ROOKIES
Patrick Wilson (R)

DELIST
Harry Dear
Matthew Signorello
Sam Gibson
Curtly Hampton
Ben Davis

ROOKIE DELISTINGS
Paul Hunter (R)
Ben Jarman (R)
Jackson Edwards (R)

TRADED
Jake Kelly
Mitch McGovern
Cameron Ellis Yolmen (R)

Seven gone from main list, one added. Potential to keep Kelly and delist Cheney.

What if his name was Jackson Smith ??

Wilson was by far and away the best SANFL player and deserved another year.
Don't think Reece Homfray watches too much SANFL, if he does it must be from the public bar.
Wilson is certainly a booming kick but pin point left foot? Nah.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...l/news-story/7fa1d47df222c91a33a7f79646213d76

ADELAIDE’S state league club champion Patrick Wilson has signed a new contract with the Crows but no decision has been made on the future of Cameron Ellis-Yolmen who is holidaying with teammates overseas.
Sturt premiership player Wilson was rookie listed by Adelaide last year and impressed in his first season on the list.
He made his AFL debut in the Round 13 loss to Hawthorn which was arguably Adelaide’s worst performance of the season but he looked composed with the footy and his pinpoint left foot. Wilson, 23, has been rewarded for his form with a new contract but it’s not known whether it is a multi-year deal.
Fellow rookie Lachlan Murphy was a revelation in his first season on an AFL list and is set to stay at the club after kicking 12 goals in 11 games. It’s understood that no decision has been made on Ellis-Yolmen’s playing future with the rugged inside midfielder out of contract and yet to sign on for next year.

Coming from of all people Dean Brogan I don't mind his suggestion when questioning our Ruck depth of South Adelaide's Keegan Brooksby, whilst he's only 198cm he's a massive unit and covers the ground well, certainly not a 'dinosaur' and handy up forward as well. Certainly an upgrade on Hunter.
Did play 14 AFL games for the Suns 2015 -2017. I like the idea if we can't bring in an AFL listed Ruckman in the trade period.

Coming from of all people Dean Brogan I don't mind his suggestion when questioning our Ruck depth of South Adelaide's Keegan Brooksby, whilst he's only 198cm he's a massive unit and covers the ground well, certainly not a 'dinosaur' and handy up forward as well. Certainly an upgrade on Hunter.
Did play 14 AFL games for the Suns 2015 -2017. I like the idea if we can't bring in an AFL listed Ruckman in the trade period.

Didn't Brooksby play primarily key position at AFL level rather than ruck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Brooksby play primarily key position at AFL level rather than ruck?
Played all of Ruck/Forward/Defence, basically wherever he was needed at the time. Played mostly Ruck in the NEAFL and dominates in the SANFL as anyone that watches the SANFL will attest. 13 times in the bests from 19 SANFL matches this year. Very impressive clearance numbers for a Ruckman which indicates he follows up well.

Played all of Ruck/Forward/Defence, basically wherever he was needed at the time. Played mostly Ruck in the NEAFL and dominates in the SANFL as anyone that watches the SANFL will attest. 13 times in the bests from 19 SANFL matches this year. Very impressive clearance numbers for a Ruckman which indicates he follows up well.

Really nice bloke as well, and his girlfriend is Abbey Holmes! Can’t go wrong.

Don't get that. If you won't play him on a wing ahead of Kelly or rushing back a poorly performing Dmac, when would he get a game?
Good cheap depth. It is a good decision.

A very good SANFL player and a good 22 to 30 lost depth player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What's the point of Wilson?

If he's playing it means we've got injury trouble and are losing, with or without him. So we may as well play a draftee.

I wonder if this is to keep our SANFL team semi competitive? Which would make it a Port-esque decision.

Bicks, do you think Wilson warranted another contract ?

He didn’t show much in his sole game .... even allowing for the fact it was his first game ??
Bit stiff mate, he was played as a forward when he never plays that role, in a game where the ball barely made it past the 50 for almost 3/4's of the game.

He's a depth midfielder and a pretty handy one from all accounts. I have no issue with him getting another go around!

Adds depth however I can’t see him getting a game across HB or Wing ahead of

Smith
Milera
Seedsman
Gibbs
Rat

With that said I would like to see him get more opportunities than DMac

Bicks, do you think Wilson warranted another contract ?

He didn’t show much in his sole game .... even allowing for the fact it was his first game ??
Need some big bodies around our youngsters in the SANFL and he's certainly that. If he gets a call up to AFL again he should be told to use his big weapon, his long raking kick because his short/medium kicking is in the main poor. Lacks agility but his straight line speed is OK. IMO he's not a mid at AFL level but could do well off half back with that long boot and straight ahead style to get over the oppo press. Same reason I'd look at Keegan Brooksby if we can't entice an AFL listed Ruckman, big bodied aggressive Ruckman that can clear a path for our young mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back