List Mgmt. Adelaide 2018 End-of-Season List Management Decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

With Scharenberg and Dunn both having done ACLs, and Goldsack with a few question marks over him, he might actually be of some interest to the rumored Pies.

They get a ready made 1v1 defender which is what they require as they have so many intercept/rebounding types rather than having to put years of development into a new comer. We could probably look at upgrading a 3rd pick to a tasty 2nd or something along those lines.

If he does want to go, then we most certainly need to keep Cheney (I think he should stay anyway, don't know why he doesn't have a contract yet).

I'd think we take the compo they get for Fasolo walking to Carlton.

Good cheap depth. It is a good decision.

A very good SANFL player and a good 22 to 30 lost depth player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If he can't get a game on the wing ahead of Kelly I struggle to see how he could be described as good depth. This seems his most likely depth role and Kelly was putrid and was still ahead of him.

With Scharenberg and Dunn both having done ACLs, and Goldsack with a few question marks over him, he might actually be of some interest to the rumored Pies.

They get a ready made 1v1 defender which is what they require as they have so many intercept/rebounding types rather than having to put years of development into a new comer. We could probably look at upgrading a 3rd pick to a tasty 2nd or something along those lines.

If he does want to go, then we most certainly need to keep Cheney (I think he should stay anyway, don't know why he doesn't have a contract yet).

Might need top be 2019 picks and Collingwood don't have much in this draft.

Random thought that I figured might be worth floating over here:

PA open to trading Wingard.
Wingard supposedly pulled strings to stay in SA during draft year.
Hypothetically, what would a three-way deal look like that saw Wingard land at Adelaide and McGovern land at Carlton?

Adelaide:
OUT - McGovern, Melbourne's 1st Round Pick(~16)
IN - Wingard

Carlton:
OUT - Priority Pick (~12)
IN - McGovern

Port:
OUT - Wingard
IN - 2x 1st Round Picks (~12 + ~16)

Does that provide something close to fair value for each side, and meet each club's needs?

Hypothetically, what would a three-way deal look like that saw Wingard land at Adelaide and McGovern land at Carlton?

Adelaide:
IN - Wingard

Carlton:
IN - McGovern

Port:
OUT - Wingard

Does that provide something close to fair value for each side, and meet each club's needs?
Not even close. You'll need to pay more than 12, and I don't think we'd be interested in Wingard.

Not even close. You'll need to pay more than 12, and I don't think we'd be interested in Wingard.

Why the lack of interest in Wingard, do you think?

I'd have thought he'd be a natural fit for you guys - SA-born, unlikely to leave, dynamic forward who is dangerous in the air and on the deck - good option who somewhat mitigates the loss of McGovern and Cameron over a couple of years, and the decline of Betts.

Naturally you'd prefer Rankine I suppose, but that probably requires a trade up to the top 5?

I'd have thought he'd be a natural fit for you guys - SA-born, unlikely to leave, dynamic forward who is dangerous in the air and on the deck - good option who somewhat mitigates the loss of McGovern and Cameron over a couple of years, and the decline of Betts.

Naturally you'd prefer Rankine I suppose, but that probably requires a trade up to the top 5?

Because Wingard wants a big pay day, and we don't have the cap space to do it

I think we would be interested, but we wouldn't want to weaken our draft hand too much

I dont think they're really shopping him around either, unless someone comes in with a stupid offer.

Where there is smoke...

There wouldn't be stories of Hawks, Saints & Bulldogs being interested if they weren't.
He’s worth a top 10 pick which they will get next year if they hold onto him. They’ll finish out of the 8, and I can see a club giving him a big payday , netting pear a first round compo pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adds depth however I can’t see him getting a game across HB or Wing ahead of

Smith
Milera
Seedsman
Gibbs
Rat

With that said I would like to see him get more opportunities than DMac

Add Kelly to that list and most certainly Dmac. Everything aligned for him to get a couple of late season games and we went with a player who'd not get a crack on a wing at any other club in the comp. And we'll do the same thing next year given the same circumstances.

So you're judging Wilson on 1 game where the team got flogged managing only 4.8 32 for the whole game, for the record he had 12 disposals matched by all of Greenwood, Atkins and Seedsman in that game. He's good depth.

Why didn't he get a crack on a wing ahead of Jake Kelly? If we were prepared to use him I'm entirely on board, but they obviously don't think he's too worthy. Still, maybe more trust in him up the field with another AFL preseason under the belt.

Why didn't he get a crack on a wing ahead of Jake Kelly? If we were prepared to use him I'm entirely on board, but they obviously don't think he's too worthy. Still, maybe more trust in him up the field with another AFL preseason under the belt.
Our selections are baffling at times. That's why we played Kelly on the wing over Wilson

Holy s**t, now I feel better about next year. I was worried, until I read that Marty thinks we're going to struggle.

Marty has a keen eye. To him it's not only that we finished 12th. It's as much that everything went our way and that's the best that we could do. He mentions finishing 12th, but rest assured, he's delved much deeper than that simple fact.

Adelaide:
IN - Wingard

Carlton:
IN - McGovern

Port:
OUT - Wingard

I read the first part thinking yep, makes sense, this could work. But then I tremble at the thought of the trade scenario I'm about to read. But it wasn't too bad. I rate Gov a bit higher but I understand why others, especially neutrals, have him lower.

Having said that, I think Wingard is a talent but overrated. If we could get the best out of him, I'd probably still want something else coming back our way. Maybe instead of Melbourne's first, it's your second which will possibly be a few spots later if there's compo or EOF priority picks.

But that all hinges on Wingard fulfilling his promise, which I doubt and he's almost certain to put a FIGJAM price on his head.

Adelaide:
IN - Wingard

Carlton:
IN - McGovern

Port:
OUT - Wingard

Too high price for Wingard

He’s been shithouse and trending downwards every year

Retired/delisted:
Gibson
Hampton
Dear
Signorello
Cheney
Edwards, Jarman, Hunter (rookies)

Trade:
McGovern

Re-signed:
Otten
Wilson, Murphy, CEY (rookies)

Six main list and three rookies to draft. I'd maybe keep Cheney and trade Kelly, but the numbers stay the same, with lots of retirees the following year.

Retired/delisted:
Gibson
Hampton
Dear
Signorello
Cheney

Trade:
McGovern

Re-signed:
Otten

Six main list and three rookies to draft. I'd maybe keep Cheney and trade Kelly, but the numbers stay the same, with lots of retirees the following year.
9 kids at once. That doesn’t seem the AFC Way. Seems likely we send some mid to late picks out for mature age players either from other clubs or in the draft.

Retired/delisted:
Gibson
Hampton
Dear
Signorello
Cheney

Trade:
McGovern

Re-signed:
Otten

Couple of interesting decisions .....do Adelaide go with both Ottens and Cheney (30 yo) .....or the more likely, choose 1 of the 2 ?

Can't see Kelly being traded .....but I guess that'll depend on if there are suitors ....really hoping McPherson kicks on next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back