Adelaide 2019 = Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast won the flag in 2006, Geelong missed finals, won premiership the following year

West Coast won flag in 2018, Adelaide missed Finals. History repeating

I see Adelaide 2018 season similar to that of Geelong 2006. Difference is that Geelong won the preseason cup.

I remember holding this same level of reasoning when I was a child. Baffles me that you could be an adult and still think like this.

I remember holding this same level of reasoning when I was a child. Baffles me that you could be an adult and still think like this.

Look at the previous page highlighting the parallels between Richmond 2017 and Geelong 2007.

Our strength will come from others who underestimate us.

I am confident of a big year.

You only need to look at our JLT form , and no I'm not talking about win/loss, Im talking about Tex imposing himself, the crouch brothers racking it up (Brad staying healthy!), Eddie looks like he wants to kick 50. We have a bunch of names who were in our best 22 last year now struggling to be named emergencies.

Co-captains is a good move to respect the f fact we have two sensational leaders. I look forward to morons who state Tex needed help. Identifying yourself so readily as stupid saves us time.

I'm not suggesting we are a shoein for a flag but id be disappointed finishing outside the 4.

West Coast won the flag in 2006, Geelong missed finals, won premiership the following year

I see Adelaide 2018 season similar to that of Geelong 2006. Difference is that Geelong won the preseason cup.
drugs are bad mmkay

I don't think we're as good as 2007 Geelong. Maybe closer in 2016 and 2017, not sure about 2019 especially with some players (like Betts) getting towards the end of their careers. Going to have to play fearless football in order to make another GF this year and then we have our biggest problem, yes Collingwood just like last decade and we need to get past them. I also expect Richmond to be very strong this season and if more luck goes Geelong's way in close games they will have a solid season too.

Let's wait until at least halfway through the season before we start comparing the Crows to a team that won the GF over Port Adelaide by a record margin of 119 points. I think you may be going the early Crow, so to speak.

Our strength will come from others who underestimate us.

I am confident of a big year.

You only need to look at our JLT form , and no I'm not talking about win/loss, Im talking about Tex imposing himself, the crouch brothers racking it up (Brad staying healthy!), Eddie looks like he wants to kick 50. We have a bunch of names who were in our best 22 last year now struggling to be named emergencies.

Co-captains is a good move to respect the f fact we have two sensational leaders. I look forward to morons who state Tex needed help. Identifying yourself so readily as stupid saves us time.

I'm not suggesting we are a shoein for a flag but id be disappointed finishing outside the 4.

JLT form means nothing for mine. Some clubs are going hard at it, others are experimenting, so you can't compare.

If the crows do better than last year il be suprised. I see the bombers as the danger team they may not take the granny but they'll take some teams out of it.

If the crows do better than last year il be suprised. I see the bombers as the danger team they may not take the granny but they'll take some teams out of it.
You will be surprised if the team that made the GF in 2017 and finished 12th last year do better than that this year?

This was despite the fact that their AA HBF and one of their best 3 mids played 2 games between them and their captain and vice-captain missed a season of games between them, half the rest had hamstring "awareness" and the club dealt with the fallout from a disastrous pre-season camp?

All I can say is prepare to be surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong 2007 was a list with some generational talents in the midfield and defence though.

Scarlett, Enright, Stevie J, Chapman, Ablett, Bartell and it's not like the lists ability wasn't understood, at the time they were being roasted for massively underperforming at an individual level. I like Adelaide's list, but like WC they have a well drilled but middle of the road midfield.

Their defence isn't extraordinary, but very good. Talia's 1v1 ability though will be a bigger asset. Their real advantage is the forwardline. If Sloane and the Crouch brothers can win enough centre clearances then Walker, Betts, Lynch etc. will likely see them make top 4. Richmond is the benchmark team though IMO. With their pressure, two-three midfield stars, a ridiculous forwardline, close to the best defence which operates well as a 6 man unit they look an excellent proposition to go all the way. Collingwood the wildcard for showing them up with a stupid midfield, just stacked in every position and Melbourne rounding out the teams definitely above them. WC I have no read on.

JLT form means nothing for mine. Some clubs are going hard at it, others are experimenting, so you can't compare.

Im talking specifically about how individual players play and how we worked as a team. I'm not talking about results as stated. Please don't quote me unless you have some sort of intellect. Its a waste of my gifted time.

Geelong 2007 was a list with some generational talents in the midfield and defence though.

Scarlett, Enright, Stevie J, Chapman, Ablett, Bartell and it's not like the lists ability wasn't understood, at the time they were being roasted for massively underperforming at an individual level. I like Adelaide's list, but like WC they have a well drilled but middle of the road midfield.

Their defence isn't extraordinary, but very good. Talia's 1v1 ability though will be a bigger asset. Their real advantage is the forwardline. If Sloane and the Crouch brothers can win enough centre clearances then Walker, Betts, Lynch etc. will likely see them make top 4. Richmond is the benchmark team though IMO. With their pressure, two-three midfield stars, a ridiculous forwardline, close to the best defence which operates well as a 6 man unit they look an excellent proposition to go all the way. Collingwood the wildcard for showing them up with a stupid midfield, just stacked in every position and Melbourne rounding out the teams definitely above them. WC I have no read on.

Reigning premiers are a pretty good read, champ. (You suck at analysis by the way - its basically "I'm going to pick the minor premiers to go well, the team everyone reckons will come good aaaaand the losing GF team because they have good players" - don't burn too many brain cells.)

Im talking specifically about how individual players play and how we worked as a team. I'm not talking about results as stated. Please don't quote me unless you have some sort of intellect. Its a waste of my gifted time.
Is it hard to breathe with your head stuck so far up your own arse?

Is it hard to breathe with your head stuck so far up your own arse?

Nothing wrong with recognising your own strengths. I would recognise any of yours if you were to but show a shred of proof of such.

Don't be salty because you couldn't watch a practice match and/or training and be able to gain insight from it.

Nothing wrong with recognising your own strengths. I would recognise any of yours if you were to but show a shred of proof of such.

Don't be salty because you couldn't watch a practice match and/or training and be able to gain insight from it.
I watched both Crows JLT games, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

Yep
Based on this it’s down to 10 teams
Adelaide, Essendon, Port, North, Freo, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane and Gold Coast. The other 8 teams shouldn’t even rock up.

And apparently saw no positive signs or if you think you did, you saw no reason to feel good about it.
There were plenty of positive signs. Just having Brad Crouch and Brodie Smith in the field were positives in and of themselves. However, you can't read too much into it. For example, maybe Betts is back to his 2017 form and will have a big year. Or maybe Port and GWS were experimenting with players or defensive set-ups and he was matched up against a 2nd year player to try and develop them, whereas that match-up would likely be avoided if possible. So you can't read much into it.

Take the 2018 JLT, for example. West Coast barely beat Port (won by 2 points) and got flogged by Freo by 10 goals. Collingwood lost to GWS by 10 goals and Hawthorn lost both their games. Meanwhile Carlton and GC, who combined for a 6-38 W/L record last year, won all 4 of their games (including GC thrashing Geelong by 56 points).

There were plenty of positive signs. Just having Brad Crouch and Brodie Smith in the field were positives in and of themselves. However, you can't read too much into it. For example, maybe Betts is back to his 2017 form and will have a big year. Or maybe Port and GWS were experimenting with players or defensive set-ups and he was matched up against a 2nd year player to try and develop them, whereas that match-up would likely be avoided if possible. So you can't read much into it.

Take the 2018 JLT, for example. West Coast barely beat Port (won by 2 points) and got flogged by Freo by 10 goals. Collingwood lost to GWS by 10 goals and Hawthorn lost both their games. Meanwhile Carlton and GC, who combined for a 6-38 W/L record last year, won all 4 of their games (including GC thrashing Geelong by 56 points).

This.

The only thing you can be really happy as a supporter is to get through unscathed... preferably without your 2 best running into eachother too...

North went in with several extra players on the bench on Saturday, how can anyone take that result seriously?

You ideally wanna see players run out a game, look fit, hopefully sharp too... the result is meaningless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back