Club Focus Adelaide 2020 - Hinge, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Cook, Berry, Rowe, Hately

AFL Club Focus

What is your greatest concern about Adelaide's off-season?

• Recruiting via the draft (and acquiring more picks)

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Recruiting via trades

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Re-signing players

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

IMHO putting all your eggs in one 'guns' basket is a super high risk especially considering you have the oldest list in the AFL. You also potentially bring with it the go home factor. (unless you consider Gould or Stephens a gun)

4 or 5 picks in the first 2 rounds makes sense to me. You then have a chance on an SA kid or 2 (no go home risk) and a high likelihood of at least 1 out of the 5 being a gun.

(For those old enough to remember there was a fella named Chris Grant who ended up being pretty handy - he went at pick 105!)

Better than Chris Grant was pick 79 James Hird arguably the best player to ever play at the dons

But they are rarities that's why we mention those names with amazement

And as for going for good honest players I know it makes you competitive and you will not finish in the bottom 4 but maybe it wont help you win a premiership either

Sorry let me re-phrase - lowest amount of U/23's at 15.

Thats a horrible article isnt it, its not a very good look for Hamish Ogilvie having drafted the worst u23 talent in the league

Things need to change in a hurry or we are going down the girgler

Lucky we dont have too many u23 as they dont rate the ones we have

Thanks for that expert analysis. We’ll give him a try and see how he goes.

He’s towelled up the WCE defence and added another 3 out of 6 in a debacle last week.

Looks to be a bit there to work with

What I’m saying is he’s not a Key position forward, he’s undersized and doesn’t appear to have the physical tools to make up for the lack of size. He may very well end up an extremely good third forward.

Only crows fans would argue the point I’m making.

Example: watch Harry Mckay and Charlie Curnow when they are one on one with a defender, they are almost unplayable. But this doesn’t translate into 100 goal seasons as it is very hard to dominate as a key forward, even with the tools both those players have.

Fogarty doesn’t have the tools these guys have, so he won’t be the answer as the focal point. He will be dangerous playing along side key position forwards.

AFL website has an article about players who are still out-of-contract as of this morning. Links are to our player threads where we have one for 2019.

Out of contract: Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Hugh Greenwood, Paul Hunter, Sam Jacobs, Alex Keath, Jake Kelly, Riley Knight, David Mackay, Kieran Strachan, Patrick Wilson

"Keath, Greenwood and Jacobs are the fascinating ones here. All three have interest elsewhere, but have indicated – at different stages – a desire to remain at the Crows, who look likely to be busy in the next couple of months. Kelly is set to stay and a deal should be completed soon, with Wilson also close to finalising a fresh contract. Strachan will go around again as a rookie. Senior regulars Knight and Mackayare other interesting names without a deal in place, while Hunter could be up against it after three seasons without a senior game. Richard Douglas will explore other options."

Pick 3!!!!

Wow, this is amazing. Never had such s high pick. SOS is my second favourite list manager now, right behind Reid.

An Andrew Gaff type would be great thanks Hamish :thumbsu:

Pick 3:cool:, Adelaide supporters will probably have a pub party to watch the draft. Thanks again SOS:D

Pick 3!!!!

Wow, this is amazing. Never had such s high pick. SOS is my second favourite list manager now, right behind Reid.

An Andrew Gaff type would be great thanks Hamish :thumbsu:

Pick 3:cool:, Adelaide supporters will probably have a pub party to watch the draft. Thanks again SOS:D
I know gc are used to getting these low drift picks this is the lowest pick we have ever had and it's not even ours

That's why we are so excited about pick 3

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It says staff writers on the article that I found. So could be anyone. I wouldn’t be putting too much into that.

I am happy with our young crop coming through
Yes it could be any reporter commsioned by afl.com

Just an opinion of every clubs youth no different to how they rate all clubs on anything

Its usually around the mark can be slightly out I suppose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it could be any reporter commsioned by afl.com

Just an opinion of every clubs youth no different to how they rate all clubs on anything

Its usually around the mark can be slightly out I suppose

Looking forward to getting another preseason into Jones and McHenry. Milera into the middle and Doedee back. Then throw in at least 2 youngsters this year at pick 3 and 21. I actually think we will swap pick 3 for other draft picks though.

Butts will be in the team next year too

Looking forward to getting another preseason into Jones and McHenry. Milera into the middle and Doedee back. Then throw in at least 2 youngsters this year at pick 3 and 21. I actually think we will swap pick 3 for other draft picks though.

Butts will be in the team next year too
We need to but we will be a bottom 6 team next year don't you think

Back