Club Focus Adelaide 2020 - Hinge, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Cook, Berry, Rowe, Hately

AFL Club Focus

What is your greatest concern about Adelaide's off-season?

• Recruiting via the draft (and acquiring more picks)

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Recruiting via trades

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Re-signing players

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No question our list is a concern

But unfortunately I think we will draft more of the same

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope for your sake they don’t. One of tex or Jenkins has to go so you guys can pump games into Fogarty and Himmelberg. If I was choosing it would be tex

Yes is a far better player than JJ

But maybe on the decline but still better than JJ

fair enough, I’ll back your judgement in over mine given I’d imagine you watch a few more crows games. Off with JJ’s head! Maybe ship him to the dogs as back up ruck/fwd for a bag of Smith’s S & V’s (crinkle cut)

fair enough, I’ll back your judgement in over mine given I’d imagine you watch a few more crows games. Off with JJ’s head! Maybe ship him to the dogs as back up ruck/fwd for a bag of Smith’s S & V’s (crinkle cut)

Yep JJ has been dropped twice this year and they were justified he was playing crap maybe at 30 he has hit his use by date

You maybe right play Fog and EH but you will get inconsistency out of them as they are young, Im happy to have a rebuild time and lose a few, but most crows supporters including most of the AFC board get upset when we lose a lot

we would struggle with only one KPD and we only have one jones

How do you think that team would go would it be a finals team and do you think tex still has enough left him in
Hmm true I’ll re do it.

Out
Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Betts, Jacobs.

In
Williams, Francis

B Francis Thalia Brown
HB Laird Doedee Smith
C Milera Sloane Seedsman
HF Murphy Walker Lynch
F Stengle Fogarty Jones
Foll: O’Brien B.Crouch M.Crouch
Inter: Williams,Knight, Gallucci, Gibbs

Out
Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Betts, Jacobs.

In
Williams, Francis

B Francis Thalia Brown
HB Laird Doedee Smith
C Milera Sloane Seedsman
HF Murphy Walker Lynch
F Stengle Fogarty Jones
Foll: O’Brien B.Crouch M.Crouch
Inter: Williams,Knight, Gallucci, Gibbs

Big changes at the crowies, JJ Keath Greenwood Betts Jacobs Douglas Otten all gone, need to get hold of some draft picks to replace all them along with any youngsters we move on

Will Kelly Mackay harto and Atkins be depth or do you think we will move them on

Will that team you named make finals or a development year to finish around 14th

Last edited:
If the Crows off season is as dramatic as being discussed (I.e. losing potentially all of Douglas, Otten, Mackay, Betts, Jacobs, Jenkins, Greenwood, Keath, a few of which will be retirements or token picks) then if someone such as Crouch wanted out, they'd surely rather 2 good pieces over 1 excellent one.

I'm just thinking about filling in the list spots. 9 spots if all of the above leave, with Keath/Greenwood somewhat valuable. Betts, Jacobs, Jenkins will get them pick 50s at best.

They hold 3, 21, 26.

No buzz about trades or free agents TO them yet.

Say pick 25 for Keath, pick 40 for Greenwood.

3, 21, 25, 26, 40.

Still have 4 spots to fill. B.Crouch for say Fantasia and 29 is surely better than just pick 12 (and then having to use pick 90 or a delisted free agent that is useless).

They can't just go in with 9 Picks to replace a bulk of senior players. Fantasia gives them that aspect too. Murphy upgrade and really that gives them just 2 s**t picks to fill in. Maybe they ask for 30 and 35 for Keath to avoid that too.

If the Crows off season is as dramatic as being discussed (I.e. losing potentially all of Douglas, Otten, Mackay, Betts, Jacobs, Jenkins, Greenwood, Keath, a few of which will be retirements or token picks) then if someone such as Crouch wanted out, they'd surely rather 2 good pieces over 1 excellent one.

I'm just thinking about filling in the list spots. 9 spots if all of the above leave, with Keath/Greenwood somewhat valuable. Betts, Jacobs, Jenkins will get them pick 50s at best.

They hold 3, 21, 26.

3, 21, 25, 26, 40.

Still have 4 spots to fill. B.Crouch for say Fantasia and 29 is surely better than just pick 12 (and then having to use pick 90 or a delisted free agent that is useless).

They can't just go in with 9 Picks to replace a bulk of senior players. Fantasia gives them that aspect too. Murphy upgrade and really that gives them just 2 s**t picks to fill in. Maybe they ask for 30 and 35 for Keath to avoid that too.
Not sure your aware but crouch is under contract and us an RFA next year

Question is where will Adelaide finish next year to determine their RFA compo

Most would say bcrouch will be worth pick 5 or 6 with where Adelaide is predicted to finish

So it's either more than that or he will go as a RFA

They hold 3, 21, 26.

3, 21, 25, 26, 40.

In bold - you are dead right. 2 x top 10 1st round picks this year should just about do it in lieu of say pick 1 or 2 - as he is under contract and likely to be club champion. Otherwise next year it would very likely be a top 10 compo pick.

Why are you still including Fantasia in these Crows discussions?

His manager confirmed 2 days ago he is staying and that article by McGowan was a load of tripe just to get clicks which had him backpeddling almost immediately.

His manager confirmed 2 days ago he is staying and that article by McGowan was a load of tripe just to get clicks which had him backpeddling almost immediately.
I don't care who's on or off the table if crouch or JJ or Greenwood is on the table no one is getting them for free

If fantasia Francis who ever is coming back so be it

I don't care who's on or off the table if crouch or JJ or Greenwood is on the table no one is getting them for free

If fantasia Francis who ever is coming back so be it

Where are we linked to any of those players?

Fantasia is contracted for 2 more years, his manager said he is staying and he himself said he is staying so it would be highly unlikely he's leaving.

And pretty sure we would have zero interest in Greenwood or JJ for anyone or any pick but Crouch would certainly be of some interest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are we linked to any of those players?

Fantasia is contracted for 2 more years, his manager said he is staying and he himself said he is staying so it would be highly unlikely he's leaving.

And pretty sure we would have zero interest in Greenwood or JJ for anyone or any pick but Crouch would certainly be of some interest
saw on AFL.com an article saying that Francis has put talks on hold till the end of the season..what is the feeling at Windy Hill on him staying or leaving?

saw on AFL.com an article saying that Francis has put talks on hold till the end of the season..what is the feeling at Windy Hill on him staying or leaving?

He's likely to stay as he has had a rough time of it on a personal level and the club has been great to him and expect him to stay but it's no sure thing.

Personally i don't rate him as highly as others do and he has quite a few flaws in his game but he certainly could end up being very good but i wouldn't be too worried if he left other than leaving us a bit short on for Hooker/Hurley replacements.

He and his manager made a big song and dance about him not seeking a trade this year. Whereas McGowan said the Bombers know Fantasia wants to go home 'at some stage in his career'. They very conspicuously never actually contradicted anything in the McGowan story.

He and his manager made a big song and dance about him not seeking a trade this year. Whereas McGowan said the Bombers know Fantasia wants to go home 'at some stage in his career'. They very conspicuously never actually contradicted anything in the McGowan story.

The article title was " Gun Bomber wants to head home, Port in the box seat"

If Fantasia only wants to head home one day in the future, how would he know Port was in the box seat?

EXCITING Essendon forward Orazio Fantasia has indicated a desire to return home to South Australia, with Port Adelaide believed to be his preference in that scenario.

Notice how nowhere did he mention that one day he might like to go home. It was a deliberately misleading article to draw attention to it.

Only later does he state "The Bombers are understood to have long known Fantasia would request a trade home at some stage in his career, but wouldn't give the young star up without a fight. "

Also it was released around the time that trade rumours start surfacing. He deliberately made it look like he wanted to be traded this year but put his disclaimer in later about him wanting to go home one day.

It was a misleading clickbait article with no relevance to the current or very short term future.

Last edited:
The article title was " Gun Bomber wants to head home, Port in the box seat"

If Fantasia only wants to head home one day in the future, how would he know Port was in the box seat?

Notice how nowhere did he mention that one day he might like to go home. It was a deliberately misleading article to draw attention to it.

Only later does he state "The Bombers are understood to have long known Fantasia would request a trade home at some stage in his career, but wouldn't give the young star up without a fight. "

Also it was released around the time that trade rumours start surfacing. He deliberately made it look like he wanted to be traded this year but put his disclaimer in later about him wanting to go home one day.

It was a misleading clickbait article with no relevance to the current or very short term future.
I can't understand most of what you are trying to argue here.

Fantasia has indicated a desire to return home and McGowan believes Port to be his preferred destination. As the article stated he has close links to people at Port. Seems like a perfectly logical inference.

Neither Fantasia nor his manager has denied any of this.

You may not like the title the sub editor gave the story, or the way the story was written. Does not mean it isn't all true.

I can't understand most of what you are trying to argue here.

Fantasia has indicated a desire to return home and McGowan believes Port to be his preferred destination. As the article stated he has close links to people at Port. Seems like a perfectly logical inference.

Neither Fantasia nor his manager has denied any of this.

You may not like the title the sub editor gave the story, or the way the story was written. Does not mean it isn't all true.

How can you not understand my point?

The article was written in a way to make it seem like he was leaving this year. It is only on further reading it becomes obvious that he only wants to go home later in his career. His tie to Port, Basset, may not even be there then.

It's a misleading article deigned for clicks.

How can you not understand my point?

The article was written in a way to make it seem like he was leaving this year. It is only on further reading it becomes obvious that he only wants to go home later in his career. His tie to Port, Basset, may not even be there then.

It's a misleading article deigned for clicks.
The headline was written like that. The journalist does not write the headline, the sub-editor does. I agree a lot of AFL headlines (including this one) are clickbait rubbish.

McGowan's story looks pretty measured to me. Check out the description he gave it in this tweet.

The players prepare their lines before talking with the media. If Fantasia and his manager had said something like 'It's categorically untrue, I never said anything like that' then sure. Otherwise it looks like a (successful) attempt to deflect attention towards the journalist and away from the fact he does intend to go.

Back