Club Focus Adelaide 2021 - Dawson, Rachele, Soligo, Taylor, Nankervis

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand the hate for Roberts

One of those players who lacks much upside. Hes already well built. Just seems a good inside mid whos not massive and not great speed. No x factor to him. His kicking from what ive seen is hot and cold so that could be the thing that keeps him around the 20 mark or possibly inside it. His kicking can be very good at times.

I mean how much better of a player is he than Liddy who didnt get drafted? And probably missed again even after all he did vs WA

Roberts kicking is what probably seperates him from being an AFL player to a dominant SANFL player.

However natural footballers like the J.Graham, Worpel players still tend to find a way. Graham has the gut running ability and Worpel was probably just the better player and much more dynamic but worse a kick

One of those players who lacks much upside. Hes already well built. Just seems a good inside mid whos not massive and not great speed. No x factor to him. His kicking from what ive seen is hot and cold so that could be the thing that keeps him around the 20 mark or possibly inside it. His kicking can be very good at times.
Sounds like how I would have described Boak.

Sounds like how I would have described Boak.
His running ability is way, way behind Boak

Im not saying he cant make it just why hes sliding down the board day by day it seems.

Hes basically your Worpel, J.Graham of this year

He wasnt great in the carnival either. He should be beating up on that level with his body maturity.

His running ability is way, way behind Boak

Im not saying he cant make it just why hes sliding down the board day by day it seems.

Hes basically your Worpel, J.Graham of this year

He wasnt great in the carnival either. He should be beating up on that level with his body maturity.
Injury wouldn't have helped him meanwhile guys with little onfield form go past him.

Injury wouldn't have helped him meanwhile guys with little onfield form go past him.
I mean we dont know if he was ahead of them anyway. Typcially more mature bodies have greater performance at u16 and u17 level which he wouldve but then slowly get over taken as their development plateaus

He could well be a fine player, just not what we need and doesn't really look to have the upside or point of difference you want from a top 12-15 pick.
Well from Adelaide supporters I've been told you don't need small forwards, you don't need midfielders, you don't need defenders. Does that mean you'll be drafting full forwards and ruckmen? Saying that I understand what you are saying and its the same thinking that allowed Graham to get through to Richmond and Grundy to Collingwood.

Well from Adelaide supporters I've been told you don't need small forwards, you don't need midfielders, you don't need defenders. Does that mean you'll be drafting full forwards and ruckmen? Saying that I understand what you are saying and its the same thinking that allowed Graham to get through to Richmond and Grundy to Collingwood.

No Crows supporter would have told you we don't need mids. We just need elite mids with a point of difference.

Yeh i dont see why youve not been linked to more of Goater, Erazmus, M.Johnson group

Crouch, Keays, Laird, Schoenborg, Hately, Berry thats probably it for the next 3 years before Laird plays his very late years back as a defender. Crouch injury concerns and Hately stagnating.

Its not horrible but requires another although Rachelle fills a need aswell.

For me it makes sense for them to trade out of it and get a range of picks around the M.Roberts, A.Draper range ~20 and probably something else on top aswell

Just not sure who would be bothered trading upto 6. Maybe a Vic side that really wants Gibcus? Is all i could see and even then he could slide if Richmond or saints arent keen at 7 or 9

If Richmond or Hawks can't trade up to that GWS pick, you can be sure that one of them will come for Pick 6.

Hobbs/Gibcus/Ward/Erasmus/Goater all in that range. If you want to guarantee selection of a player, you trade up.

I agree I'll be shocked if they don't trade down to get Roberts and Draper. It makes the most sense. Roberts was ranked in the Top 5 and has been overtaken by a bunch of guys who have played a handful of games due to Covid. If they don't do it, then we (Port) should.

Roberts won't go top 20

Yeh i dont see why youve not been linked to more of Goater, Erazmus, M.Johnson group

Crouch, Keays, Laird, Schoenborg, Hately, Berry thats probably it for the next 3 years before Laird plays his very late years back as a defender. Crouch injury concerns and Hately stagnating.

Pedlar will be through the midfield too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedlar will be through the midfield too
Further to that, if the strength and conditioning under Burgess begins to work its magic over the next year, then as Seedsman comes towards the end we would expect that Sholl has built his body strength up to take over on his wing with Dawson on the other which will add real pace and ball use on the outside to go with the bevy of young inside mids we have. I think with the right addition this draft to the midfield, the scene is set for the club to really start to build with the right balance across the centre of the park

We'll see in a couple of weeks. I don't particularly trust any of the rumours that we're interested in Rachelle, unless we're truly looking at trading down.

Goater is truly my bet at this point with who we call out if we hold onto pick 4(6), we have a good enough base to run a high risk/high reward type, and Goater seems a snug fit, trait wise.

Talk is that Tigers & Crows deal for 4&33 for 7&26 on draft night.

Why do Adelaide do this? Who are we targeting in the 2nd round?

I can see us trying to move our 33 up, but more so once we see someone still on the board we like in the late 20's early 30's.

Doing the trade early, I don't get.

Talk is that Tigers & Crows deal for 4&33 for 7&26 on draft night.
I wonder if there is not another richmond 2nd in there..a mere 7 place move up in the 2nd is not worth a 3 place drop from.pick 4 surely. But if there was an extra richmond 2nd there then if we think our guy is still there at 7, sureid do the deal

I wonder if there is not another richmond 2nd in there..a mere 7 place move up in the 2nd is not worth a 3 place drop from.pick 4 surely. But if there was an extra richmond 2nd there then if we think our guy is still there at 7, sureid do the deal
Id do it if it included a future second on top.
As it has been posted, no deal.

Where is this talk?

Would be a horrible deal for Adelaide if that's the outcome. Moving up requires the Kings Ransom not a move up a few spots in the second round in a draft where there's stuff all between 20-40.

Unless we do a trade that gives us three picks inside the top 30 I see us only using the two picks and upgrading two rookies from (Keays, Butts, Strachan). Then leave a spot open on the rookie list for a supp or mid year pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back