Club Focus Adelaide 2021 - Dawson, Rachele, Soligo, Taylor, Nankervis

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Assume crows were always going roberts or draper. Was a reach at 2, but makes sense at 8.

Still made no sense to win today... but north made it impossible to tank.

Who we looking at with #6. I'd assume that it's a tad early for Roberts who I do like, or Draper. But the Vics aren't even playing so is it a risk taking Victorians before the locals given the go-home factor and the fact we can't see who's really improved?

I feel we are still looking for the A-Grader in the middle although I have hopes for Peddles. But with the top few going before our pick assuming #6, is it even worth picking it at all? #6 may as well be #12

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think Crows should look at splitting their first pick with Richmond and get 7 & 15 for a better draft hand.
Based on the nature of this draft I dunno if Richmond does 4 for 7 and 15 straight up. That's the kind of deal we'd be looking to do though, hopefully Richmond would be looking for a Hobbs or Andrew type that's likely not to slide

Really awkward draft position. Possible one of the top few slip to us.

Could it be used on Lukosius? If Jack isn't gettible yet maybe Rankine, even Stephens. If this means getting a nice pick back?

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there much difference in available talent between 4 & 7 to warrant giving up 15 though? And we're really talking about the 6th and 9th best player in the pool.
4 & 23 for 7 & 15 will probably be it. Tigers aren't going to draft many players & they can on trade some of their 2nd & 3rd rounds to for dogs 1st and maybe a player.

Crows list manager interviewed on trade radio today...

About Dawson:
"We've had preliminary conversations with Sydney. We'll pick up those conversations again early next week," Reid told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"The focus and sole focus for us is Jordy Dawson and working through that through the Trade Period and then a draft focus."

Still talking Rankine and Lukosius haha... I assume he was asked and didn't bring it up himself.
As for Rankine and Lukosius, Reid said: "We always keep an eye on all South Australian talent.

"(The Suns pair) are contracted, so they'll see out that contract, and how things play out over the next 12-18 months, time will tell."

Reid played a straight bat to questions about contracted Essendon defender Aaron Francis, who took mental health leave mid-season and spent time at home with family in South Australia.

"We're going to stick to our strategy and be really clear on what we're trying to do with regards to our rebuild."

Regarding trading up the draft for Horne-Francis:
"We've had conversations with every club, but certainly North Melbourne," Reid said.

"We saw what Jason [Horne-Francis] did last Friday night in that prelim for the Panthers.

"He's a quality individual and I wouldn't have thought North Melbourne are moving too much on their pick one."

Best draft position for me. I think they get Finn Calaghan who seems to be grouped with Sam Darcy as 3/4 best of this pool. I have GWS taking a tall like Mac Andrew or Gibcus, probably Mac Andrew which Rendell mentioned the club was keen on, read into that what you will

Still a way to go but add F.Callaghan, Milera, Matt Crouch and Dawson. That's 4 great additions on the top of last year that should all play from round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows list manager interviewed on trade radio today...

About Dawson:

Still talking Rankine and Lukosius haha... I assume he was asked and didn't bring it up himself.

Regarding trading up the draft for Horne-Francis:

Correct - Rowe brought up whether the Crows were targeting the GC pair. Definitely ruled out Luko until the end of his contract. Rankine also unlikely until the end of his contract... unless personal issues make it possible.

Mentioned Dawson likely to be the only the only trade, with the draft then the priority.

Also, expecting 3rd round compo for Kelly, but who knows with the AFL FA compo formula.

Correct - Rowe brought up whether the Crows were targeting the GC pair. Definitely ruled out Luko until the end of his contract. Rankine also unlikely until the end of his contract... unless personal issues make it possible.

Mentioned Dawson likely to be the only the only trade, with the draft then the priority.

Also, expecting 3rd round compo for Kelly, but who knows with the AFL FA compo formula.

That interview with Crowey was one of the most cringey things I've heard on that show, which is saying a lot.

That interview with Crowey was one of the most cringey things I've heard on that show, which is saying a lot.
I only listened to it by chance as rarely listen to him.... & agree his questioning is amateurish & cringey... reminding me why I rarely tune in.

Who are crows taking at 4 (6) if all these are gone

1. JHF
2. Daicos Bid
3. Darcy Bid
4. Mac/Callaghan
5. Callaghan/Mac
6. ?

Ive only really seen mentioned a link to Rachelle

Does C.Jones and Ned Mchenry play in the back of their mind with that though?

1. JHF
2. Daicos Bid
3. Darcy Bid
4. Mac/Callaghan
5. Callaghan/Mac
6. ?

Adelaide's pick 4 really isn't that valuable, the elite group of talent + strong talent in key positions are both gone by what is effectively pick 6.

Adelaide's pick 4 really isn't that valuable, the elite group of talent + strong talent in key positions are both gone by what is effectively pick 6.

For me it makes sense for them to trade out of it and get a range of picks around the M.Roberts, A.Draper range ~20 and probably something else on top aswell

Just not sure who would be bothered trading upto 6. Maybe a Vic side that really wants Gibcus? Is all i could see and even then he could slide if Richmond or saints arent keen at 7 or 9

Wayne Milera is a player to watch for the Crows next season (once he has recovered from his season ending injury)

Feels like a make or break season for him

Wayne Milera is a player to watch for the Crows next season (once he has recovered from his season ending injury)

Feels like a make or break season for him
I dont think it has to be make or break. He just cant put up another zero game year where he wouldnt have basically played in 3.5 years if that were the case.

He will be on an AFL list otherwise 2023 onwards

For me it makes sense for them to trade out of it and get a range of picks around the M.Roberts, A.Draper range ~20 and probably something else on top aswell

Just not sure who would be bothered trading upto 6. Maybe a Vic side that really wants Gibcus? Is all i could see and even then he could slide if Richmond or saints arent keen at 7 or 9
I agree I'll be shocked if they don't trade down to get Roberts and Draper. It makes the most sense. Roberts was ranked in the Top 5 and has been overtaken by a bunch of guys who have played a handful of games due to Covid. If they don't do it, then we (Port) should.

1. JHF
2. Daicos Bid
3. Darcy Bid
4. Mac/Callaghan
5. Callaghan/Mac
6. ?

Not sure why a guy who finished top 10 in their bnf in his 3rd year (effectively 2nd with injuries) would play on the recruiters mind?

I agree I'll be shocked if they don't trade down to get Roberts and Draper. It makes the most sense. Roberts was ranked in the Top 5 and has been overtaken by a bunch of guys who have played a handful of games due to Covid. If they don't do it, then we (Port) should.
Don't think we'd touch Roberts unless he slides all the way to 33.

1. JHF
2. Daicos Bid
3. Darcy Bid
4. Mac/Callaghan
5. Callaghan/Mac
6. ?

Probably Goater if anyone.

I don't think Ned or Jones do at this point either. Both have made steps towards being long term options this year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back