Club Focus Adelaide 2022 - Rankine, Michalanney, Dowling, Bond, McPherson, Seedsman

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

This is an Adelaide thread if I’m not mistaken, try and stay on topic.
I have serious concerns about the quality and depth of Adelaide’s midfield entering 2022.
It looks to be far and away the weakest in the competition and by extension, will put the defence under enormous pressure week in week out.
It will be interesting to see how Nicks addresses this as the season unfolds …

Says this is a Crows thread let’s stay on topic when someone brings up his club

Next post brings up Port :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Club has shown a lot of green shoots this season, and has quite a few young players looking to push up into the seniors.

Fogarty seems like he's tradable. Perhaps to a club like Collingwood?

Obviously someone would trade for Fogarty. He has too many elite traits at 22, and clubs would see the upside if they can improve his workrate.

Collingwood or Essendon surely would see the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously someone would trade for Fogarty. He has too many elite traits at 22, and clubs would see the upside if they can improve his workrate.

If Collingwood is his destination then straight swap for Poulter

Sloane contracted for another year. He’ll choose to play on and take the pay check
Sure, and I'd do the same.

But you'd imagine we will place him on the LTI list and then draft mid-year.

Will the Crows put Sloane on the LTI list or will he retire?

Will the Crows pick up former Swan Malachy Carruthers in the Mid Season Draft?

No to all questions.

Considering how perilous our list situation is, as we don't have a lot of players out of contract, and the ones we likely had down as delists have bolted into our best 22, we most likely won't participate in the MSD. Unless the AFL commits to expanding list sizes.

I also doubt Sloane retires unless we offer him more money to do so (I.e. through a coaching role or something).

No to all questions.

Considering how perilous our list situation is, as we don't have a lot of players out of contract, and the ones we likely had down as delists have bolted into our best 22, we most likely won't participate in the MSD. Unless the AFL commits to expanding list sizes.

I also doubt Sloane retires unless we offer him even more money to do so (I.e. through a coaching role or something).
Who do you think the min 3 senior list delistings will be?

Collingwood seem to prioritise mobility and defensive effort (unless you are a resting ruck) with Mihocek, Kreuger, Elliott, McCreery, Ginnivan, Etc. I'm not sure Fogarty fits into this style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you think the min 3 senior list delistings will be?

At this point I'd have Rowe, Nankervis (demoted to rookie list, as I think he only has a one year deal due to being taken in the psd) and one of Himmelberg/Hinge/Frampton demoted to the rookie list at this point. Maybe multiple as we also need to promote Keays/Butts this year.

That said we should probably consider paying out some contracts or are hoping one or two kids who aren't in our best 22 gets poached.

Last edited:
At this point I'd have Rowe, Nankervis (demoted to rookie list, as I think he only has a one year deal due to being taken in the psd) and one of Himmelberg/Hinge/Frampton demoted to the rookie list at this point. Maybe multiple as we also need to promote Keays/Butts this year.

That said we should probably consider paying out some contracts or are hoping one or two kids who aren't in our best 22 gets poached.
Keays was promoted last year, but we do need to promote Strachan so it evens out

Keays was promoted last year, but we do need to promote Strachan so it evens out
You would assume mcasey asks for a trade if he can find a club.
Davis maybe rowe and parnell would all be delistings you would think
Given age and concussion issues seedsman would be a possibility as a medical retirement?

Frampton was goneski but might be saving himself.

Given age and concussion issues seedsman would be a possibility as a medical retirement?

Davis and Parnell are rookies so won’t count to the mandatory delistings

Davis and Parnell are rookies so won’t count to the mandatory delistings

Wasnt aware of that. Still reckon they get delisted then you could move say nankervis to rookie list to free up a spot.

Nah, Parnell would be a shoe-in to be recontracted (though he'll probably stay on the rookie list). Way too talented for us to be throwing him away at this point.

Wasnt aware of that. Still reckon they get delisted then you could move say nankervis to rookie list to free up a spot.
I have a bad feeling we might not see seedsman playing footy again. The concussions really hit him hard so to speak. His long term health is way more important and if he can't play again the team will be all the poorer for it in the shorter term . So that would free up a list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back