Club Focus Adelaide 2022 - Rankine, Michalanney, Dowling, Bond, McPherson, Seedsman

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Crows now only have 2 senior listed players out of contract in Rowe and frampton

Can pretty much consider them delisted

Then they will need to move on contracted players like crouch and mcasey and Seedsman (retire) to create room for rankine and draft picks
Think there is a good chance we we will be trading out a few players this year.

Those contracted players have to want to move also

Crouch will obviously be one
Sholl another

Interesting times either way good and bad with that many senior listed players contracted
Indeed.

Crouch will want to leave for more opportunities... as I suspect some others will too.

Crows now only have 2 senior listed players out of contract in Rowe and frampton

Can pretty much consider them delisted

Then they will need to move on contracted players like crouch and mcasey and Seedsman (retire) to create room for rankine and draft picks
I have this strange illogical feeling that Frampton will go on to be a decent AFL player. I actually thought he looked pretty good this year when he played with confidence.

so who are the crows delistings going to be?

still havent delisted anyone on both rookie and senior list

Yup, we're most likely in the midsts of trying to organise a payout for one of our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows only have to delist 1 senior player? With Frampton & Brown gone and 37 on the main list it means 1 delisted if they only taking 1 kid and upgrading 2 rookies. Unless of course they have another kid they want to get in.

Adelaide has announced its first delistings of the off-season. The Crows on Saturday confirmed James Rowe, Ben Davis and Brett Turner wouldn’t be offered new contracts for 2023.

Adelaide has announced its first delistings of the off-season. The Crows on Saturday confirmed James Rowe, Ben Davis and Brett Turner wouldn’t be offered new contracts for 2023.
Predictable.

Looks like adelaide are only taking 1 pick (plus maybe michelanney depending on where the bid falls) plus a couple of rookie elevations then.

Yup, looks like Michaelanney is going to be our only pick in the main draft.

Bit of a shame we're not going in the Barnett direction seeing our need for rucks, but oh well.

Last edited:
Crows are my smokey/bolter to make the 8 next season, on the provision Nicks gets less defensive/conservative orientated with regards to his gangplan and stops constantly rewarding out of form foot soldiers in the AFL, and Bloods more kids.

If can unearth another gem like Soligo (whom has all the tools to be an elite/A Grader) or two next season, Adelaide are in fine fettle going forwards

Pretty bullish on their prospects in the short and medium term at least (no one can say for certain the long prognasis for any club)

Crows are my smokey/bolter to make the 8 next season, on the provision Nicks gets less defensive/conservative orientated with regards to his gangplan and stops constantly rewarding out of form foot soldiers in the AFL, and Bloods more kids.

If can unearth another gem like Soligo (whom has all the tools to be an elite/A Grader) or two next season, Adelaide are in fine fettle going forwards

Pretty bullish on their prospects in the short and medium term at least (no one can say for certain the long prognasis for any club)

Considering we've were consistently the youngest/least experienced side in 2022, how many more kids do you want to us to blood?

Schoenberg is the midfielder we need to pull his finger out.

Ps. I have been saying for a while I expect us to make the finals from 2024 when our age profile has most having played 50+ games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back