Mod. Notice Adelaide BigFooty Board Feedback Opportunity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, I'm not arguing that the tone is too negative. That's exactly my point. Some posters think the debate is about positive/negative. It should be about how that negativity is framed, and not be like a whinging toddler. People can be as positive or negative as they like. Just don't post like a douche.

Have a read through the post you quoted again, and focus on what it actually says, not just what you want to argue about. I said that only a fool would argue for criticism not being allowed.

Nothing wrong with my reading skills. Either the negativity i.e player X is a w***er is acceptable or unacceptable to say. I'm happy for it not to be acceptable however this is a decision and task for the mods to decide/deal with.

However I think you'll find that a certain posters whingeing isn't restricted to just that issue. If that poster had just said that they are uncomfortable with players or coaches being insulted with personal attacks then I think you'd find much more support for this measure. Unfortunately it seems that this is just one of a million little 'bugbears' that this poster would like to change about this board. Again, no one gets to decide the tone of the board that will sort itself out.

I have been a Crows supporter since inception.
I never thought I'd see the day but the last 12 months of reading w***ers on this board have driven me to another club, Brisbane.
When the club I supported my whole life still gets slagged off by the same people even when they are top I just realised I was supporting the wrong club.
I just don't want to associate with people who post such rubbish.
If I met you in the pub and you spouted this crap I would turn my back and walk away instantly.
Just as I have here (just took me a while longer).
Congratulations guys, the problem with AFC is not the club or players, it is YOU!

PS. Sorry to the silent majority but I can see from other views here I am not alone.

I never thought I'd see the day but the last 12 months of reading ******s on this board have driven me to another club, Brisbane.
When the club I supported my whole life still gets slagged off by the same people even when they are top I just realised I was supporting the wrong club.
If I met you in the pub and you spouted this crap I would turn my back and walk away instantly.
Congratulations guys, the problem with AFC is not the club or players, it is YOU!

PS. Sorry to the silent majority but I can see from other views here I am not alone.
I don't know you, but I understand where you're coming from. I've joined for a couple of months only, and my first few weeks were not very welcoming at all. And all I did was try to talk some positives for this year. But I guess I've understood more of where the forum culture lies, and learnt to be selective on whom i pick conversations with. The point is though, if people are passionate about the club, they should not feel like losers just because they are in the "minority" thinking. But then again, maybe the "minority" are actually the majority, and the "majority" are actually a few keyboard warriors talking amongst themselves more loudly than others?

Sometimes I reckon we could be a bit harsher on the port flogs/oppo trolls. It sure isnt as accomadating over there. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with the moderation of the site. No complaints.

I am just wondering what the status is of the dearly departed Sam/Alex, and whether they are near returning to the board? May I suggest, that should they want to return, we could have a very strict rule set for them to follow such as: No alias, posts should be constructive, post in x y z threads only etc, until they have proven they are somewhat capable of rejoining bigfooty life.

With Sam, for example, he could be allowed in the punters thread (relatively little traffic), Non-Crows discussion (High flow, maybe a posts/day limit) and the SANFL thread (where Sam arguably made his most valuable contributions to the board).

I understand some would be pissed off at the suggestipn. But his contributions in the SANFL thread in particular were a great part of the board, and if we can ease him into it, he may perhaps become a valued contributor. He was obviously in a dark place at the time and, should those in the know think he is ready, coming back could help that.

Just an idea.

Well this random post from three days ago now seems a whole lot less random.

Look I said my piece a long way back . Basically put your views strongly or otherwise on the subject but lets not attack each other personally , yes disagree with their views but calling names etc and whilst never thought about it before sometimes we
I never thought I'd see the day but the last 12 months of reading ******s on this board have driven me to another club, Brisbane.

You poor poor man , or poor poor person.
This is a web site like all forum web site it is there to air your opinion.
These people on here are the people that keeps this club going by buying memberships , merchandise etc.
But here is my last advice to you if you don't like it don't read it , pretty simple.
Anyway enjoy the Lions I am sure you and the aFL will be trying to make them stronger.
Meanwhile I will support my club put my views on this site and read posts that interest me and switch off if post derailed by some posters .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you would get used to negative nellies, I mean FFS some poster created a thread I think it was Southerntakeover saying we will miss finals whilst we were second or top, mid season.

This in itself would suggest, its just people looking for a reaction, how could anyone in their right mind start such a thread if it wasnt a troll thread

Well this random post from three days ago now seems a whole lot less random.
Bait taken. I knew he would have to be reading.

Honestly, I just wanted consistent SANFL updates... Ideally he would have slipped in and ended up in the SANFL thread. Alas, the dummy spit continues.

Bjorn again huh, sounds like an analogy for people who have died

I wonder if he was cremated...

Hole in one.

I'm on fire?

You're not (m)alone.

Bait taken. I knew he would have to be reading.

Honestly, I just wanted consistent SANFL updates... Ideally he would have slipped in and ended up in the SANFL thread. Alas, the dummy spit continues.

I've missed something, is he back?

Look up, looks like a very likely Alex alias.

Alex Be Bjorn Again?

I bring to your attention Rule 15 - Troll account police - there are mechanisms in place for the Adelaide Board moderators and BigFooty's head moderators to deal with trolls - it's not the job of posters to take it upon themselves to oust trolls in the threads. It only leads to thread derailment, animosity between posters, and more work for your mods to clean up afterwards. If you think a poster is breaking the rules then report these instances. Labelling people as trolls in a thread may result in a penalty.

I count 9 posts and zero reports - we have ways of checking these things. I assure you, unless our mutual friend has moved to Queensland or is putting Edward Snowden-type levels of internet geeking into his trolling, it's not Alex or Sam or the oil rig guy etc etc.

I bring to your attention Rule 15 - Troll account police - there are mechanisms in place for the Adelaide Board moderators and BigFooty's head moderators to deal with trolls - it's not the job of posters to take it upon themselves to oust trolls in the threads. It only leads to thread derailment, animosity between posters, and more work for your mods to clean up afterwards. If you think a poster is breaking the rules then report these instances. Labelling people as trolls in a thread may result in a penalty.

I count 9 posts and zero reports - we have ways of checking these things. I assure you, unless our mutual friend has moved to Queensland or is putting Edward Snowden-type levels of internet geeking into his trolling, it's not Alex or Sam or the oil rig guy etc etc.

Ah it must be the teacher or the real estate agent. Gotchya

Is it outside the realm of possibility that Alex or people like Alex make use of a VPN? It's free and it's easy.

Regardless, it's probably not Alex. No spelling or grammar mistakes.

Nah, we weren't suggesting troll accounts, we were just speculating that it was Alex's new account. By posting your warning, you're actually identifying him as a troll... take a day off :p

Is it outside the realm of possibility that Alex or people like Alex make use of a VPN? It's free and it's easy.
Since this is a feedback thread, I love how legit questions always get ignored.

It's like "Oh crap, he's right. I don't want to answer this..."
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back