Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bots :D

"">

"">

"">

And recycling US memes - and he posts on here

">

its just embarrassing seeing people write things like this..

not only clearly demonstrating that they haven‘t a clue on how a preferential voting system works… but then openly telling the world just how clueless they are..

poor morons..

Based on that article the difference between the two majors is pretty marginal isn’t it?
Did you mean the climate change article as there is a significant difference between the parties.

Ahh the dummy spit by liberal supporters on social media is hilarious. Some real throwing the toys out of the cot stuff. I never realised so many economic experts existed.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Complaining about 30% is pathetic. liberal vote last election would have barely been different. Extremeply juvenile whinge.

An interesting analysis from former Labor Senator John Black:

"It is the Liberal Party that is the major casualty this year, but the Labor Party will have its turn in 2025 if it fails to learn from the fate of the Liberals.

That’s because Labor’s safer inner-city seats are more vulnerable to teal candidates than the Liberals, especially after Anthony Albanese would have spent three years in government in a hostile economic and political climate, surrounded by up to six state Labor governments that are on the nose."
Given the ALP's policy on climate change & ICAC is similar to the Teals, it would be difficult for them to differentiate themselves on their core issues.

Bots :D

"">

"">

"">

And recycling US memes - and he posts on here

">

For about 2 decades now, I've wanted a change from the 2 party system we've had.

I dont want another situation like John Howard's ideological bs from the mid 2000s shoved down our throats by a government that has control of both houses.

So for all but 1 election (2018 state) my 1st vote has always been minor parties and I have strategically ensured that with the power of preferential voting, my vote has ended up where I want it just incase it comes to that.

So across the 9 elections I've voted on since registering to vote, I am 8 minor parties, 1 major party (Simply because SA-Best had no ****ing policy beyond no pokies, and didn't want to risk them ruining the state)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will this will be the Murdoch line for the next three years?

The scary thing is he really believes this.

Sky News should hire a psychologist as I gather the after dark crew are going to go into serious meltdowns.

If as he wants Dutton does take the coalition to the next election, it will be carnage as the vast majority hate him more than ScoMo.

It wouldn't even matter how competent Albo is as PM.

Last edited:
W@orth noting the Greens have taken another reasonably safe city seat from Labor, the seat of Griffith formerly held by Kruddy.
ALP vote didn't bounce back from the last election loss - it's actually dropped by 0.5% to 32.8%.

Coalition down by 5.8% to 35.7%

So the combined major party vote dropped by 6.3% to 68.5%... well under 70% for the 1st time in my lifetime, showing that a third of the public didn't like either party.

I suspect we may continue to see a slide of the major party votes in futile elections as thr major party vote is stronger in older than younger Australians.

Worth noting the Greens have taken another reasonably safe city seat from Labor, the seat of Griffith formerly held by Kruddy.
Yes, there's definitely a good chance of more safe Labor seats falling to the Teals at the next election, should they fail in this term. In 2022 it was the Liberals who were smashed by centrist independents - in 2025 there's a good chance that the same will happen to the ALP.

It's hard to see either the ALP or LNP growing their votes again, as the electorate fractures further.

I know you don't see it this way, but it's actually a good thing to have more voices in parliament. I think we're only 2-3 elections away from having a genuine 3rd force in the centre, with sufficient numbers to force both sides to the negotiating table if they wish to form Govt in the future. The days of having 2 parties/blocs dominating Parliament are rapidly coming to an end - and while the dinosaurs on the far right feel threatened by this, it is entirely a good thing.

*, the Comedy Hour has begun on Sky News channel.

Thought I’d check in over a bottle of red.

Sharri Markson with special guest, Miranda Devine. What is that loser who is in the US doing on there? Deprivation relevance syndrome methinks.

Classic Miranda line - “Labor will be an appalling government”. Good one Miranda, been sucking a lemon have we?

Sharri doing the in depth stuff asking why aren’t the ALP having a look why their primary vote didn’t go up. Well hello?

Remember watching Fox News when Obama got in. You can’t get better laughs.

Given the ALP's policy on climate change & ICAC is similar to the Teals, it would be difficult for them to differentiate themselves on their core issues.
Difference is one is just a policy but the other comes with the responsibility to deliver it.

ALP vote didn't bounce back from the last election loss - it's actually dropped by 0.5% to 32.8%.

Coalition down by 5.8% to 35.7%

So the combined major party vote dropped by 6.3% to 68.5%... well under 70% for the 1st time in my lifetime, showing that a third of the public didn't like either party.

I suspect we may continue to see a slide of the major party votes in futile elections as thr major party vote is stronger in older than younger Australians.

There is a thought process that the Liberals will eventually become a minor party over many elections unless they change and move back to the centre. There are starting to become irrelevant in the big cities.

The Liberals get just over 23% of the primary vote plus another 7.5% jointly with Nationals in Qld.

its just embarrassing seeing people write things like this..

not only clearly demonstrating that they haven‘t a clue on how a preferential voting system works… but then openly telling the world just how clueless they are..

poor morons..

The Liberal supporters don’t take losing well after all their born to rule mentality.

Love it.

Yes, there's definitely a good chance of more safe Labor seats falling to the Teals at the next election, should they fail in this term. In 2022 it was the Liberals who were smashed by centrist independents - in 2025 there's a good chance that the same will happen to the ALP.

It's hard to see either the ALP or LNP growing their votes again, as the electorate fractures further.

I know you don't see it this way, but it's actually a good thing to have more voices in parliament. I think we're only 2-3 elections away from having a genuine 3rd force in the centre, with sufficient numbers to force both sides to the negotiating table if they wish to form Govt in the future. The days of having 2 parties/blocs dominating Parliament are rapidly coming to an end - and while the dinosaurs on the far right feel threatened by this, it is entirely a good thing.
Imo It's healthier for parliament that we are getting more everyday people representing us, rather than 2 political machines with similar types... particularly too many bloody lawyers lacking real life experiences.

Fine when they're truly Independents not financially backed and being used as vehicle by a multi millionaire to further his and his supporters business interests like the new member for Fowler Dai Le and Hellen Haines in Indi....no teal in their election victory festivities.

One good thing to come out of the election is the electorate's flat out rejection of the ALP tryhard and Albanese captain's pick Kristine Keneally. Though I guess there's every chance Albanese will parachute her into the Senate if a vacancy becomes available or he insists someone makes way.

Last edited:
There is a thought process that the Liberals will eventually become a minor party over many elections unless they change and move back to the centre. There are starting to become irrelevant in the big cities.

The Liberals get just over 23% of the primary vote plus another 7.5% jointly with Nationals in Qld.

Abbott moved them to the right, Morrison moved them further to the right. They are no longer the "broad church" that Howard used to talk about. Unless they can find a way to move back to the centre, they will never again be a "broad church" and will never again be electable. Moving back to the centre will be incredibly difficult for them, partly because their right wing will work to prevent it from happening (see today's comments by Canavan & Antic), and partly because the void they left in the centre has now been filled by the Teals.

Abbott & Morrison have effectively destroyed the Liberal Party, and consigned it to the dustbin of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back