Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
If you read the specifics, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. No doctor is going to want to transplant into someone wide open to death from any COVID infection.
Even if they were prepared to it's now mandated that they can't by the Palaschook Government.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you read the specifics, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. No doctor is going to want to transplant into someone wide open to death from any COVID infection.

It says there is a precedent for this but I‘d be inclined to wonder whether other vaccines were mandated or just recommended.

There’s been other times through this saga where people have claimed precedents that turned out not to exist.

It says there is a precedent for this but I‘d be inclined to wonder whether other vaccines were mandated or just recommended.

There’s been other times through this saga where people have claimed precedents that turned out not to exist.
There are already minimum requirements for some high risk surgery.

Eg. You won't get a lung transplant if you refuse to give up smoking.

Transplantions are high risk & high cost, including pre & post surgery, so want to do everything possible to maximise the chance of success.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Palaschook now deciding who lives and who dies?

Due to scarcity, organ transplant eligibility criteria in Australia is incredibly restrictive. Always has been.

They are incredibly expensive both to do and to manage long term, and there is huge pressure on clinicians both from an ethical and a health economics perspective to generate the absolute maximum quality adjusted life years out of every single donation.

Adding COVID vaccination to that list is a no brainer.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Due to scarcity, organ transplant eligibility criteria in Australia is incredibly restrictive. Always has been.

They are incredibly expensive both to do and to manage long term, and there is huge pressure on clinicians both from an ethical and a health economics perspective to generate the absolute maximum quality adjusted life years out of every single donation.

Adding COVID vaccination to that list is a no brainer.
No s**t Sherlock

And the very reason no reasonable Government needs to mandate same, just more Palaschook window dressing.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
No sh*t Sherlock

And the very reason no reasonable Government needs to mandate same, just more Palaschook window dressing.

So all the other restrictions are OK? This one is unreasonable?

Why are you so upset about this particular one and not the rest?

More to the point, it doesn't seem like she is picking who lives and who dies given the already strict requirements.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So all the other restrictions are OK? This one is unreasonable?

Why are you so upset about this particular one and not the rest?

More to the point, it doesn't seem like she is picking who lives and who dies given the already strict requirements.
Are you really that dim?

Just unnecessary Government interference.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, I’m a total failure - retired well before 60, a very very comfortable existence until I die. And actually I am a high flyer literally.

Again, you are just as classy as your mate.

And given you made specific reference to my job, what do you do? Fair is fair.

Lol. Look at you trying to flex. Try cardio next time

P.s. don’t try to pretend to be a real banker next time, you’re not smart enough to get in the door with the big boys ;)

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, you don’t get it… Nobody on here is bragging about what they do for a living or how much money they have.

Nobody is also asking other people what they do for a living or how much money they have.

Have another pie, Billy. It’s only you doing both of those things.

I think he’s a cat person, there’s real cat person energy coming off him.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The more I'm hearing about the omnicron variant, the more it seems like it could potentially be our ticket out.

could be.

The original Wuhan virus is long extinct, and each time the dominant variant has been replaced it’s been by a more transmissible, less virulent version.

A virus rarely mutates back towards less transmission (and by extension greater virulence), and if it does it’s unlikely to be the dominant strain

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Palaschook now deciding who lives and who dies?

???… the article says its QLD Health that has stated that transplant recipients must have covid vaccinations due to their poor immune systems..

not sure where you got your unbelievably hysterical “paladchook now deciding who lives and dies” outof that!..

I think someones got a bit of Palaschook derangement syndrome..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back