Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I assume this is some strategy to avoid actually answering the question.

why are you avoiding it ? It's like you don't really understand what the letter says ?
how many different ways do you need the same answer spelled out like it has been. its like there is a missing link in your head that can't admit..crow till I die is right despite the fact he has spelled it out

Its actually quite funny that you and others on here are digging down when its in black and white for anyone to see that a gain of function was undertaken and its like the penny just has not sunk in..but when it does for you it will be enlightening

how many different ways do you need the same answer spelled out like it has been. its like there is a missing link in your head that can't admit..crow till I die is right despite the fact he has spelled it out

Its actually quite funny that you and others on here are digging down when its in black and white for anyone to see that a gain of function was undertaken and its like the penny just has not sunk in..but when it does for you it will be enlightening
You've cut and pasted the same article 3 times, provided no context or explanation

So I'll stick with one way, which we are still waiting for.

Another left wing rag - but here because anything else is considered RWNJ by the usual suspects

On Wednesday, the NIH sent a letter to members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce that acknowledged two facts. One was that EcoHealth Alliance, a New York City–based nonprofit that partners with far-flung laboratories to research and prevent the outbreak of emerging diseases, did indeed enhance a bat coronavirus to become potentially more infectious to humans, which the NIH letter described as an “unexpected result” of the research it funded that was carried out in partnership with the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The second was that EcoHealth Alliance violated the terms of its grant conditions stipulating that it had to report if its research increased the viral growth of a pathogen by tenfold.

like cmon, how many different ways do you want to be told the same thing

I doubt any fair minded person could disagree with the contents of this article, just more evidence of Dictator Dan's Governments's ham fisted handling of the whole sad Covid story in the people's republic of Viktoriastan.

Ombudsman says travel permit system was a bureaucratic nightmare
The state’s travel permit system was a “bureaucratic nightmare” that left Victorians shut out of their own state, the Ombudsman has found.

The Victorian Ombudsman has lambasted the state’s controversial travel permit system as “inhumane”.
In a report tabled in parliament on Tuesday, Ombudsman Deborah Glass slammed the program as “inhumane” and a “bureaucratic nightmare” that left Victorians shut out of the state.

Victoria’s border crossing permit system was first introduced in January 2021 to prevent incursions of Covid-19 from other states and territories with active community transmission.

In July, thousands of Victorians were shut out of the state when hard border closures banned anyone from “red zones” returning home without an exemption.

The Ombudsman’s investigation, launched in September, found that of the 33,252 exemption applications received between July 9 and September 14, just 2736, or eight per cent, were granted.

Up to 1000 applications were being processed daily, with staff given on average 30 seconds to categorise and prioritise applications.
Some found themselves facing effective homelessness because they lived in Victoria and could not return.

“People’s anguish when they spoke to us was palpable,” Ms Glass said.

“While we did not review all decisions and I do not suggest that all were unfair, the overwhelming majority of applications did not get to a decision-maker at all, and the guidance did not change even as case numbers in Victoria grew and the risks evolved.

1638864487193.png
Georgie Hudson was undergoing breast cancer treatment and wanted her fully vaccinated mother to come from Sydney to help the family, but was denied. Picture: David Caird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes you certainly are...eventually you'll dig that hole to China

Yet hear we are waiting for you to explain it.

it is - you are just a bit behind in the understanding - it was simply spelled out but maybe I am expecting too much

You expecting to much?

In all the posts you've made telling us all how obvious it is and how you spelled it out

You could have either reposted this obvious response or provided one.

But you don't so maybe this time ? Or will it be another deflection?

Yet hear we are waiting for you to explain it.

You expecting to much?

In all the posts you've made telling us all how obvious it is and how you spelled it out

You could have either reposted this obvious response or provided one.

But you don't so maybe this time ? Or will it be another deflection?
but it is obvious to anyone with a base level IQ or higher..I mean, cmon man, you were taught to read I assume

Another left wing rag - but here because anything else is considered RWNJ by the usual suspects

On Wednesday, the NIH sent a letter to members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce that acknowledged two facts. One was that EcoHealth Alliance, a New York City–based nonprofit that partners with far-flung laboratories to research and prevent the outbreak of emerging diseases, did indeed enhance a bat coronavirus to become potentially more infectious to humans, which the NIH letter described as an “unexpected result” of the research it funded that was carried out in partnership with the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The second was that EcoHealth Alliance violated the terms of its grant conditions stipulating that it had to report if its research increased the viral growth of a pathogen by tenfold.

like cmon, how many different ways do you want to be told the same thing
So again you post an article that doesn't back up your assertion.

The article shows they had deficiencies in their reporting but it doesn't say Dr Fauci lied it even says
The letter did not mention the phrase “gain-of-function research”

So let's conclude this, you've made a claim and to support that claim you've provided a letter that doesn't say what you think it says an article that doesn't back up what you've said and numerous posts yelling everyone how obvious it is (even if the article you posted suggests otherwise)

And you still think everyone else is the idiot?

Don't get me wrong, he may have lied and if he has lets hope he gets the book thrown at him. But if you are the one leading the prosecution I think he is walking away scot free.

What are you guys even arguing over Fauci?

All I see is circle work saying the other is wrong...

I couldn't care less about the guy.

It was just fun watching someone not be able to explain something they have suggested is obvious and straight forward, when it clearly isn't

Nope... busy living in the real world.

The ABC holds both sides to account. The ALP are starting to release more policies now, in the run up to the election, so now they're being held to account. Prior to that, it was the Govt being held to account - because, you know, they're the ****ing Govt!

Up to this point the ALP has maintained a small target, content to sit back and let the LNP implode with scandal after disaster after scandal. With nothing to be held accountable for themselves, they received relatively little (negative or positive) attention from the ABC. Now, they're moving into election mode, so you can expect to see more ABC articles holding them to account - just as they've been holding the Govt to account.

The LNP wants the ABC to be nothing more than a propaganda machine, its private lapdog (much the same as the AFP is). The ABC fiercely maintains its independence, and that's something the LNP finds to be completely anathema. It's not bias, it's a lack of pro-LNP bias.

I’d like some of those right of centre to actually not only list the achievements of the Morrison government over the nearly 3 years but also the Abbott and Turnbull governments.

Because seriously it has been * all unless one was to list tripling the National debt (and it was over even before the pandemic) or sports/car park rorts.

Not a bigger mob of grifters ever to hold the Treasury benches.

He‘s like Meatloaf at the grand final.

You‘d think among all that shouting that once, just once, he’d hit a note. But no.
Yeah he's a major disappointment for sure, shoots for the moon but only hits the sh1thouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back