Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's annoying that all the articles are usually paywalled.

But it looks like Invermectin was actually helpful to some patients with covid, but only if you had worms (because it killed the worms and helped your body focus on fighting covid)

Looking back as to where the treatment was said to be successful I wonder what the prevalence of worms was.
dr house GIF

Apart from political spin, I think the main reason for the Healthcare vaccination mandate is more to protect the actual staff themselves.

We see real world data now you are still a chance of passing the virus vaccinated or not. But your illness is statistically less severe if vaccinated.

They sent an email out to all Public Servants calling for EOI to help out in clinical roles (vaccination), so they are desperate to fill these roles.

Happy to accept help from someone who has not cared for a patient in over 10 years, but not desperate enough to reinstate staff stood down since December.

Comical really.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only issue with that reasoning is that we've been told that infectious can return because there is PPE that eliminates the risk of transmission. It's not risk related, Liquid is largely correct, it's entirely political and legal. It's imppossible to say on one hand that unvaccinated are a covid risk to the hospital system whilst simultaneously saying infected people are not.

That people just accept this as reasonable says a great deal about how well the government has gone about demonising that 5% of the population.

Is it better to get your booster shot from an unvaccinated nurse stood down in December.

Or do you feel safer if fully vaccinated Beryl from Shared Services AP did it. Beryl was a nurse 12 years ago, but moved to admin for health reasons and eventually moved to Shared Services as her function got moved there.

If you’re not sure, you can book in a face to face appointment for support.

You can choose Beryl’s daughter, Kathy, who is a trained health practitioner. She has COVID, but is asymptomatic so been asked to come back in.

Or can ask Rhonda. She’s unvaccinated, never had COVID, tested negative this morning.

We’re all choosing Kathy, right?

Is it better to get your booster shot from an unvaccinated nurse stood down in December.

Or do you feel safer if fully vaccinated Beryl from Shared Services AP did it. Beryl was a nurse 12 years ago, but moved to admin for health reasons and eventually moved to Shared Services as her function got moved there.

If they sent it via mail I'd do it myself. As I've said before, if a spoonbender can find a vein in a dark alley when needing a fix then we could train an 8 year old to deliver a covid jab.

Even if you’re doing the 10 day iso, you can get into Adelaide Oval. Or go to work. You’re not allowed to, but you can.

If you’re not vaccinated you don’t have a green tick so you can’t do those things.
No, it's Illegal to leave Isolation and in doing so is breaking the Law, Same with Close Contacts they cannot leave until min day 7.
And they do Check, the last 24hr, 11 people have been issued with Expiations notices, 8 fines 3 cautions. All individual,
(re business since they started there has been 1763 business issued with expiations notices)

Yes, there will be people breaking the law, but that one them, and I will have no sympathy when they are caught and hit with a heavy fine or lock up, and left with a criminal charge on their records.

Last edited:
Only issue with that reasoning is that we've been told that infectious can return because there is PPE that eliminates the risk of transmission. It's not risk related, Liquid is largely correct, it's entirely political and legal. It's imppossible to say on one hand that unvaccinated are a covid risk to the hospital system whilst simultaneously saying infected people are not.

That people just accept this as reasonable says a great deal about how well the government has gone about demonising that 5% of the population.
Ideal world, yeah all Healthcare staff should be vaccinated and I do agree with the mandate in Healthcare, Aged Care and Child Care. Three areas where contact is made with vulnerable people. And e areas you are a good chance to catch it yourself.

Problem is right now it is all hands on deck. My wife had leave booked Australia Day week, cancelled. So our holiday cancelled. After we had to cancel it already, was meant to go Boxing Day.

And yet she works with 3 sitting LWOP as they are unvaccinated.

If they are that desperate for staff, to cancel leave and put out a call for help, then surely they should bring these guys back.

Why not just go to a Chemist to get your Boster shot then you avoid Beryl, Ronda and Kathy.

No, it's Illegal to leave Isolation and in doing so is breaking the Law, Same with Close Contacts they cannot leave until min day 7.
And they do Check, the last 24hr, 11 people have been issued with Expiations notices, 8 fines 3 cautions. All individual,
(re business since they started there has been 1763 business issued with expiations notices)

Yes, there will be people breaking the law, but that one them, and I will have no symptoms when they are caught and hit with a heavy fine or lock up, and left with a criminal charge on their records.
You don't get it.

Both illegal.

But with staff checking vax status at the Adelaide Oval gate, you cant physically get in if unvaccinated. But can if COVID positive.

Yes, there will be people breaking the law, but that one them, and I will have no symptoms when they are caught and hit with a heavy fine or lock up, and left with a criminal charge on their records.
You will have symptoms though when you were sat next to them at the football.

Which is a shame because if that seat was taken by an unvaccinated person who didn’t have COVID, and wouldn’t have gone to the game if he/she did have COVID, then you wouldn’t have got it.

But you have it.

Vaccine mandate in action. I.e. pointless.

You don't get it.

Both illegal.

But with staff checking vax status at the Adelaide Oval gate, you cant physically get in if unvaccinated. But can if COVID positive.

I do get it what I don't get is your post.
I mentioned its illegal if you have a positive test,
However, if you do not get tested and have Covid then it is on you, and that makes you a person not to trust.
Also, I meant I would have no sympathy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do get it what I don't get is your post.
I mentioned its illegal if you have a positive test,
However, if you do not get tested and have Covid then it is on you, and that makes you a person not to trust.
Also, I meant I would have no sympathy
If that’s your line of thinking, being unvaccinated is in you as well. No sympathy, etc. so why should they be excluded from attending events?

Ideal world, yeah all Healthcare staff should be vaccinated and I do agree with the mandate in Healthcare, Aged Care and Child Care. Three areas where contact is made with vulnerable people. And e areas you are a good chance to catch it yourself.

Problem is right now it is all hands on deck. My wife had leave booked Australia Day week, cancelled. So our holiday cancelled. After we had to cancel it already, was meant to go Boxing Day.

And yet she works with 3 sitting LWOP as they are unvaccinated.

If they are that desperatefor staff, to cancel leave and put out a call for help, then surely they should bring these guys back.

I too wholeheartedly agree with mandates in those settings. However, once we learned that vaccinaton has negligible impact on transmission, that requirement should have been under review. And when it was decided that infected nurses can return to duty, it should have been immediately scrapped. And damn the political and legal ramifications. Nobody is suggesting it's a magic bullet that will singlehandedly save the hospital system from being overrun. But it will make a difference to some people like your missus who could be replaced and get those days off before s**t gets even worse. It's indefensible decision making.

You will have symptoms though when you were sat next to them at the football.

Which is a shame because if that seat was taken by an unvaccinated person who didn’t have COVID, and wouldn’t have gone to the game if he/she did have COVID, then you wouldn’t have got it.

But you have it.

Vaccine mandate in action. I.e. pointless.
When I go to the Football, you take a chance the person sitting next to you is doing the right thing,
As for the Vac vs un vac, rather be exposed to Omicron than Delta.

You go to the football believing others are doing the right thing, Guess I am old school and still believe the majority of people will do what is right.
Plus the people around me are long term friends.

The curious way people are talking, one would assume the Delta Covid Variant, has been removed from society,
A lot of people seem to have based their views on the omicron variant while forgetting about the other variants.

The curious way people are talking, one would assume the Delta Covid Variant, has been removed from society,
A lot of people seem to have based their views on the omicron variant while forgetting about the other variants.
People are into Tones and I now

Delta is so last year

Since we’re so confident people will do the right thing, why waste money on people checking our green ticks. You know the rules are you must be vaccinated and must check in.

Everyone will do the right thing.

Just like those with COVID won’t pretend they don’t have it and take a piss next to you at the urinal and cough.

If you’re not sure, you can book in a face to face appointment for support.

You can choose Beryl’s daughter, Kathy, who is a trained health practitioner. She has COVID, but is asymptomatic so been asked to come back in.

Or can ask Rhonda. She’s unvaccinated, never had COVID, tested negative this morning.

We’re all choosing Kathy, right?
Is Kathy hot? Asking for a slippery friend.

When I go to the Football, you take a chance the person sitting next to you is doing the right thing,
As for the Vac vs un vac, rather be exposed to Omicron than Delta.

You go to the football believing others are doing the right thing, Guess I am old school and still believe the majority of people will do what is right.
Plus the people around me are long term friends.

The majority of people, probably 99%, do the right thing. It is only the 1% you have to worry about.

The whole pandemic has shown those who wish to comply against those that don’t. Thankfully I don’t associate with any of the latter and if I found I did have someone like that I would quickly disassociate with them.

Since we’re so confident people will do the right thing, why waste money on people checking our green ticks. You know the rules are you must be vaccinated and must check in.

Everyone will do the right thing.

Just like those with COVID won’t pretend they don’t have it and take a piss next to you at the urinal and cough.

We just want to make examples of the unvaccinated. Nothing wrong with that - most have done the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back