Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter? It’s a bed taken up by someone who actively chose to increase their risk. In a way unvaccinated are stupidly rolling the dice on having mild covid. Totally unnecessary I agree. But very fat people are certain to end up being a drain on the health system at some point. Surely they should pay for their selfish choices too? Smokers a bit more difficult as they prepay in a way via heavy taxes. But fu** them too, they can pay again as well.
But we are not in the middle of a fat person pandemic that is causing people unnecessarily to go to ICU.

This really isn't rocket science.

We have a health system that has and always has catered for everyone, right now complete morons not getting vaccinated is putting unnecessary stress on the health system

We can't quickly inject the fatties or the Heroin addicts or the excessive excercies or the people with eating disorders with a vaccine to slow or even stop this.

Funnily enough though we can with Covid.

Once this has passed we can fund the public health system properly and Improve all the other issues.

As a consequence of the minister’s visa cancellation, Djokovic will now automatically be banned from applying for a visa to enter Australia for three years, meaning he is set to miss at least the next two Australian Opens and potentially also the 2025 edition.

The Immigration Minister’s hefty powers, however, include the ability to waive that ban in the national interest.

Game, Set and Match, Australian Government.

SimpleLightheartedAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif

I expect Serbia will call war on Australia.

At the end of the day, he would be playing in the Australian Open if he had the vaccine. His call, he lost. Tough t***ies.
They have the power to ban him for 3 years now I think I read.
Unless he changes his tune on Covid Vaccinations or the Australian vaccination rules change he may never be allowed to enter the country again let alone play tennis.

Worth a quarter of a billion. It wont hurt him.

But not playing in the Australian Open will.
Imagine missing out on a record title would mean more than the prize money.

Imagine if not getting vaccinated prevented him from being the winner of most grand slams....

Right result in the end, but the saga should have been avoided in the 1st place & unnecessarily damaged Australia's reputation.

No proof of vax or medical exemption, no visa. How simple...

Last edited:
You could say that that as a tennis player he fell victim to a classic...
csi miami GIF

return of Serb.

Imagine missing out on a record title would mean more than the prize money.

Imagine if not getting vaccinated presented him from being the winner of most grand slams....

Right result in the end, but the saga should have been avoided in the 1st place & unnecessarily damaged Australia's reputation.

No proof of vax or medical exemption, no visa. How simple...
Thats what I meant, there is major repercussions for this court result for Novak.

They have the power to ban him for 3 years now I think I read.
Unless he changes his tune on Covid Vaccinations or the Australian vaccination rules change he may never be allowed to enter the country again let alone play tennis.
Normally not meeting the visa requirements comes with a 3 year exclusion, but they can amend.

Imo, they should just say you can come in the future if you are fully vaccinated. Proof required before visa is granted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BREAKING: Covid rule cheat, immigration form liar, & anti-vaxxer icon Novak Djokovic loses final appeal against deportation & will be thrown out of Australia without being able to compete in Aus Open. Good. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘👠pic.twitter.com/nZAVgSsZK8
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) January 16, 2022

Normally not meeting the visa requirements comes with a 3 year exclusion, but they can amend.

Imo, they should just say you can come in the future if you are fully vaccinated.
He will be vaccinated this time next year, assuming of course we still need vaccination. :think:

Not so sure as may be the type who refuses to get vaccinated.
It will probably come down to if he can afford the loss of not playing.

He may get external pressure from sponsors etc.

Probably on reflection, he may never want to come here again. Leaving in shame is probably not something he has experienced often.

So you admit you were wrong. And what’s with the personal abuse? Not too much of a hypocrite I see. How many times has that cover been blown now.
Was I wrong? No, based on all the information available to that point in time, my assessment of the time line for drug design and development was absolutely 100% correct. I was thrilled they were able to develop something a lot quicker than anticipated thanks to the s**t load of money thrown at it, though it could still be argued we don’t know how effective it is in the long term given that we are now required to take three shots of it. As per normal with science, more data allows us to develop further knowledge - about the virus and about the vaccines, both of which are moveable feasts - yet again, something I have said from the outset.

5.53pm

Djokovic loses court case

By Paul Sakkal​

Novak Djokovic has lost his attempt to overturn his deportation, a Federal Court judge has announced.

He will be required to leave Australia.

The decision was unanimous and Djokovic was ordered to pay the legal costs of the government.
C167B086-A862-49D2-B9F4-4DF4BC974494.gif

Imo, they should just say you can come in the future if you are fully vaccinated. Proof required before visa is granted.
Probably be up to your mate Albo by then...Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back