Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably be up to your mate Albo by then...Haha
No, they need to make the decision now, so it's an Alex Hawke call.

Lol, calling Albo my mate, though I would trust him more than ScoMo... but that isn't saying much!

Both sides rather uninspiring.

Is Alex Hawke presenting the Men's winners trophy this year... or waiting for next year. ;)
Given a recent survey across the 9 network papers The Age, SMH etc went 71% of Australians wanted Novax booted, 14% wanted him to say and 15% didn't GAF I don't think that would be a big problem. Martin Pakula is Victorian Sports Minister.

No, they need to make the decision now, so it's an Alex Hawke call.

Lol, calling Albo my mate, though I would trust him more than ScoMo... but that isn't saying much!

Both sides rather uninspiring.
Not next year Kano unless the Political Commentators and Polls are very wrong again, it will be Albo's call.

Given a recent survey across the 9 network papers The Age, SMH etc went 71% of Australians wanted Novax booted, 14% wanted him to say and 15% didn't GAF I don't think that would be a big problem. Martin Pakula is Victorian Sports Minister.
Sounds about right.

Would be interesting to survey whether most Australians were happy with how the saga dragged out though...

Not next year Kano unless the Political Commentators and Polls are very wrong again, it will be Albo's call.
The 3 year exclusion is made on cancellation of the visa... which is happening now!

They can waive it if they choose... which is Alex Hawke's call.

Do they, though? Not clear on that. Regardless, he ain't getting back in until either he's vaxxed or the vax requirement is dropped.
That's what they do on Border Security when cancelling visas for providing incorrect information.

Yep let's worry about the fatties

The latest Covid data from NSW Health shows that from June to December last year, 106 fully vaccinated people were admitted to intensive care. But 1142 unvaccinated people were admitted to ICU.

The cost of ICU per patient per day is estimated to be $4375 a day, which equates to $4.9 million a day for unvaccinated patients and over $463,000 for the vaccinated per day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep let's worry about the fatties
The daily cost of being in an ICU ward is closer to $5K, but with other hospital costs it's around $7K.

Have actually done the SA costing of ICU & non-ICU covid patients.

The patients ending up in ICU are not only a far higher cost per day, but staying in hospital much longer.

The daily cost of being in an ICU ward is closer to $5K, but with other hospital costs it's around $7K.

Have actually done the SA costing of ICU & non-ICU covid patients.

The patients ending up in ICU are not only a far higher cost per day, but staying in hospital much longer.
Not disputing the cost, I know you did the costings, but curious what proportion of that is fixed cost.

Doctors, nurses, equipment, accommodation is paid for regardless of a patient in that ICU bed or not.

So if we went to a user pay system, will never happen anyway, the actual cost to the patient should be minimal? In a public system.

The real cost at the moment is in moving resources to support COVID related patients. Both admitted and rotated through ED.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not disputing the cost, I know you did the costings, but curious what proportion of that is fixed cost.

Doctors, nurses, equipment, accommodation is paid for regardless of a patient in that ICU bed or not.

So if we went to a user pay system, will never happen anyway, the actual cost to the patient should be minimal? In a public system.

The real cost at the moment is in moving resources to support COVID related patients. Both admitted and rotated through ED.

General rule is around 30%.

Won't usually put more medical staff on, but overtime increases if busy. Admin fixed. Nursing variable as is path, imaging, drugs, medsurg supplies & other ward consumables. Cleaning may actually be variable for a covid ward, whereas normally fixed.

Bigger issue is opportunity cost though, as taking the bed of a cancelled elective surgery case... many underutilised surgeons at the moment.

Memes are flying out.....

52983717-0-image-a-2_1642315224212.jpg

Security guards/staff at stadiums and any sort of venue are very rarely asking for your ID to verify if your vaccination certificate is actually yours, could show anyones. Only place I’ve even been asked to show the certificate was AO, even the airport staff didn’t ask.

Surely wouldn’t be hard for a militant anti-vaxxed to dodgy up something that looks schmick in their own name.

And the government reason for deporting Novax is because by him staying promotes “anti-vaccination”.

Well hello, on that basis we should find a way to deport Clive Palmer, Craig Kelly and George Christensen!
Just on the UAP - I think one of their messages is good - Nuclear Power. Much better for the environment than what we're using.

Too bad the rest of their crap makes Donald Trump look left wing.

General rule is around 30%.

Won't usually put more medical staff on, but overtime increases if busy. Admin fixed. Nursing variable as is path, imaging, drugs, medsurg supplies & other ward consumables. Cleaning may actually be variable for a covid ward, whereas normally fixed.

Bigger issue is opportunity cost though, as taking the bed of a cancelled elective surgery case... many underutilised surgeons at the moment.
Eventually we will be paying for this.

No doubt there are already plans for a levy down the track.

Like the Emergency Services Levy.

Would not surprise me if the States/Fed get together and raise the GST as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back