Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well George Christensen a CoalitionMP plus Matt “coal loving” Canavan.

But hey, they are government members so who cares.

You are so blatantly bias. It is actually sad!
And you're not.... you're full of it.

I’ll tell you why they havent..

Because they are a government run on focus groups. Nearly every decision they make is based on opinion polling and the results of running the issues past focus groups first.

They exist solely to cling to government and buy votes.

The result of which is terrible governing.

The focus groups and polling would have told them that the majority of Aussies think Nuclear Power is a fantasy. Then the focus groups wouldve told them that there would be an almighty big stink up over the decisions as to where any NP plant was to be located given that the great majority of the population are NIMBY’s..

could you imagine fighting an election on Nuclear power and where any plants were going to be located given that they need shitloads of water and thus would need to be located close to large supplies of water. All of which are close to our heavily populated centres!

The coalition party is a bunch of shivers desperately looking for a spine at the best of times.. having to advocate (and campaign on in an election) for Nuclear Power would fu**in terrify them.

Best to just keep giving out tax cuts and pork barrelling the fu** out of the electorate… easier and guarantees more votes.
Yeah and Labor/Greens are so different. Welcome to the real World Bearded one.

Its a pity the ALP didn't consider nuclear power in the 1990s and earlier when they had a decent run of power and it was still viable to build these plants.

If they had coal would be a distant memory, Clive Palmer would be more irrelevant and Australia would be leading the world in climate change targets.

Neither party can claim victory in this space.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can you imagine the scare campaign the coalition wouldve run against labor if labor tried to endorse NP!

Wouldve made the carbon tax and mining tax scare campaigns look docile.

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s there wasn’t much need for it anyways.. coal was king and Australia had (and still does) shitloads of it.

If we wanted NP the early to mid 2000’s was the time to pull the trigger on it. Round about the time little Johnny had control of the House and the Senate.

Too late now.. renewable technology has made NP a scary proposition for anyone investing in NP and has made nearly everyone start divesting in coal power.

Can you imagine the scare campaign the coalition wouldve run against labor if labor tried to endorse NP!

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s there wasn’t much need for it anyways.. coal was king and Australia had (and still does) shitloads of it.

If we wanted NP the early to mid 2000’s was the time to pull the trigger on it. Round about the time little Johnny had control of the House and the Senate.

Too late now.. renewable technology has made NP a scary proposition for anyone investing in NP and has made nearly everyone start divesting in coal power.
Mid 90s was the best time to pull the trigger.

And yeah, Howard should have done it too.

Both parties were too short sighted in regards to NP and we missed the boat.

Renewable are great, but they need to get better to be base power for a growing population. Especially the Eastern States.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah and Labor/Greens are so different. Welcome to the real World Bearded one.
Except history isnt on your side there is it Mutineer. (Unless you once again conveniently ignore history or try rewrite it like conservatives love to do..)

Because labor has always been the side that have done the hard yards when it comes to investing in infrastucture and attempting to implement the more risky ideas and sell them to the public..

Look at the Snowy hydro plant, the NBN, the mining tax and pricing carbon, NDIS, Medicare, Superannuation, deregulating the banking industry, floating the aussie dollar.. the list goes on.. all labor initiatives

What have the Coalition done?… sweet * all..

go on, put your money where your mouth is Mutineer and name the things the Coalition have done/acheived in the past 40 or so years..

Here I’ll give you a starting point.. destroying the manufacturing industry and goading the car industry into leaving due to their ideological hatred of unionism maybe?… gun law reforms after the Port Arthur massacre?, gee that was a tough policy to sell a nation in mourning. Workchoices?.. nope, that went down like a lead balloon.. Ahh, the GST!!… wow, great initiative from the so called party of “anti-tax”.. any others Mutineer?.. I will await your list with interest.

Bet you’ll conveinently ignore this question yet again though. Probably put your little red “thumbsdown” or yellow “haha” below this comment and quickly scurry away again.

I can tell you what the coalition have definitely done though… run massive scare campaigns against each and every one of those Labor initiatives named above.

Gutless, spineless and clueless morons that think they are the elite and born to rule is what the coalition is.. and nowdays they are infested with social conservative “warriors” that are desperately fighting against technological advance and a population that has turned it back on with its arsebackward and outdated 1950’s view of the world.

All the actually talented moderates in the party have been replaced by regressive god bothering morons who’s only talent is to say no to everything, mount huge fear campaigns (sometimes even against their own ******* policies ffs!!!) fight against social change based on their 2000 year old fairytale and do whatever it is their massive corporate donors want them to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except history isnt on your side there is it Mutineer. (Unless you once again conveniently ignore history or try rewrite it like conservatives love to do..)

Because labor has always been the side that have done the hard yards when it comes to investing in infrastucture and attempting to implement the more risky ideas and sell them to the public..

Look at the Snowy hydro plant, the NBN, the mining tax and pricing carbon, NDIS, Medicare, Superannuation, deregulating the banking industry, floating the aussie dollar.. the list goes on.. all labor initiatives

What have the Coalition done?… sweet fu** all..

go on, put your money where your mouth is Mutineer and name the things the Coalition have done/acheived in the past 40 or so years..

Here I’ll give you a starting point.. destroying the manufacturing industry and goading the car industry into leaving due to their ideological hatred of unionism maybe?… gun law reforms after the Port Arthur massacre?, gee that was a tough policy to sell a nation in mourning. Workchoices?.. nope, that went down like a lead balloon.. Ahh, the GST!!… wow, great initiative from the so called party of “anti-tax”.. any others Mutineer?.. I will await your list with interest.

Bet you’ll conveinently ignore this question yet again though. Probably put your little red “thumbsdown” or yellow “haha” below this comment and quickly scurry away again.

I can tell you what the coalition have definitely done though… run massive scare campaigns against each and every one of those Labor initiatives named above.

Gutless, spineless and clueless morons that think they are the elite and born to rule is what the coalition is.. and nowdays they are infested with social conservative “warriors” that are desperately fighting against technological advance and a population that has turned it back on its arsebackward and outdated 1950’s view of the world.

All the actually talented moderates in the party have been replaced by regressive god bothering morons who’s only talent is to say no to everything, mount huge fear campaigns (sometimes even against their own ******* policies ffs!!!) fight against social change based on their 2000 year old fairytale and do whatever it is their massive corporate donors want them to.

They have nearly given us a $1 trillion debt, again with * all to show for it. At least, the ALP spent money during the GFC on school halls. And the 4 deaths during the pink batts episode (due to shonky tradies) is insignificant to what we have been thru the past two years and yet we had a Royal Commission over that crap.

But the icing on the cake is their is only one party that has given us - double digit unemployment, double digit interest rates and double digit inflation - the Coalition.

Bring on the election I say, there are a lot of unhappy campers out there.

Only a few weeks a go it was 30,000 and it wasn’t, it was the States, and now magically it is 40,000! He actually needs to be quiet for awhile, people aren’t listening to his bullshit and lies anymore. He can stop his sermons because no-one is buying it other than the right wingers on here.

The only thing he is trying on the public is the borders - no-one ain’t going to fall for it. This ain’t 2001, it is 2022.

And yes, there is a double standard here.
B10E3B5F-D43D-44E1-BD77-8905F8D8A8F6.png

You do know it was the greens and left in general that were opposed to nuclear and have been for years.

Most movement bodies opposing nuclear here are very left wing.

Now i was all for nuclear but if renewable energy is advancing to the point where large scale at the right cost point it can generate the power needed and there is ability to store the power when the wind is not blowing or the sun shining so to speak, then that is the ideal world.

What have the Coalition done?… sweet fu** all..

Gutless, spineless and clueless morons that think they are the elite and born to rule is what the coalition is.. and nowdays they are infested with social conservative “warriors” that are desperately fighting against technological advance and a population that has turned it back on its arsebackward and outdated 1950’s view of the world.

And you're a centrist, now that is a real hoot, you're as left as they come. You make Vader look like a right winger at least he generally posts in a controlled manner unlike your expletive laden rants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you're a centrist, now that is a real hoot, you're as left as they come. You make Vader look like a right winger at least he generally posts in a controlled manner unlike your expletive laden rants.
Sooooo…. No list of coalition acheivements then I take it?….

Just more of the usual “youre a lefty” crap..

Nice.. and predictable of course.

Lol… so seamless

Chief health officer Kerry Chant said only one person who died had a booster shot, highlighting the importance of getting a third dose.

Lol… so seamless

Chief health officer Kerry Chant said only one person who died had a booster shot, highlighting the importance of getting a third dose.

Shows going forward that if you are in the high risk group or caring for this group, it would be useful to have a combined annual flu/covid booster. Otherwise shouldn't be needed.

Quotes below a reminder of the importance of vaccination (at least the 1st 2 doses):

'If you are not fully vaccinated, you are six times more likely to end up in hospital and 13 times more likely to end up in ICU,' he said.

'That means you are requiring the assistance of the health staff who are already exhausted. Can I just say to those people who have chosen not to get vaccinated - it's time to give a damn about someone other than yourself.

'Give a damn about your community, your family and most particularly, the health staff.'

You do know it was the greens and left in general that were opposed to nuclear and have been for years.

Most movement bodies opposing nuclear here are very left wing.

Now i was all for nuclear but if renewable energy is advancing to the point where large scale at the right cost point it can generate the power needed and there is ability to store the power when the wind is not blowing or the sun shining so to speak, then that is the ideal world.
so… what you are saying is that you agree with me.. the coalition are a bunch of do nothing, spineless and gutless cowards who never persued a Nuclear energy policy because they were terrified of a few ragtag green *sticks and a grrens party who have never held any power whatsoever in our lower hous of parliament and bugger all in our upper house.

The only way Nuclear Power wouldve gotten off the ground in this country is if the labor party proposed it 20-30 years ago. The only party that does anything when it comes to infrastructure.

Leaving anything to the lazy do nothing party of the spineless conservatives means its destined to never happen.

And why would labor have bothered with NP 20-30 years ago?… they, and their unionised mining workforce backers, were happy enough to have coal and gas supply Australia’s energy needs.

But these days… times of changed.. renewables are now king and all the private investment from small and large scale operators proves that.. they are alll taking their money and resourses out of Coal, reducing their investment in gas and going “all in” on Renewables.

The Market has spoken.

But the dinosaurs in the COALition are squealing like stuck pigs because their ideological driven bullshit against renewables simply wont allow them to accept it.. so they then belatedly start wimpering about nuclear power is some desperate attempt to shift the goalposts. But nuclear is just far too expensive and no private investment firms/banks/power generating companies want to touch it. Its dead in the water.

Covid Hospitalisations & % of public beds (SA now updated).
In Australia - 8x in a month.
SA v QLD & NSW v VIC interesting...

DateAUS%SA%NSW%VIC%QLD%
17 Jan 225,0318.0%227
5.0%​
13.4%​
8.2%​
5.4%​
16 Jan 224,7527.5%220
4.9%​
12.8%​
7.5%​
5.2%​
15 Jan 224,6037.3%236
5.2%​
12.4%​
7.1%​
5.0%​
14 Jan 224,4467.1%246
5.4%​
12.3%​
6.5%​
4.6%​
13 Jan 224,1976.7%225
5.0%​
11.5%​
6.4%​
4.3%​
12 Jan 224,0106.4%190
4.2%​
10.8%​
6.3%​
4.3%​
11 Jan 223,8696.1%211
4.7%​
10.6%​
5.8%​
4.1%​
10 Jan 223,5205.6%188
4.2%​
9.8%​
5.5%​
3.3%​
09 Jan 223,3265.3%176
3.9%​
9.3%​
5.0%​
3.1%​
08 Jan 223,1054.9%164
3.6%​
8.7%​
4.9%​
2.8%​
07 Jan 222,8994.6%144
3.2%​
8.4%​
4.3%​
2.5%​
06 Jan 222,7024.3%123
2.7%​
7.8%​
4.2%​
2.3%​
05 Jan 222,5234.0%125
2.8%​
7.2%​
4.0%​
2.1%​
04 Jan 222,2093.5%102
2.3%​
6.5%​
3.5%​
1.6%​
03 Jan 222,0023.2%94
2.1%​
5.8%​
3.3%​
1.4%​
02 Jan 221,8302.9%82
1.8%​
5.2%​
3.2%​
1.3%​
01 Jan 221,6022.5%71
1.6%​
4.4%​
3.0%​
1.2%​
31 Dec 211,4632.3%44
1.0%​
4.0%​
2.9%​
1.0%​
30 Dec 211,3062.1%37
0.8%​
3.6%​
2.6%​
0.8%​
29 Dec 211,1761.9%37
0.8%​
3.0%​
2.7%​
0.7%​
28 Dec 211,0661.7%36
0.8%​
2.7%​
2.4%​
0.7%​
27 Dec 211,0001.6%23
0.5%​
2.5%​
2.5%​
0.6%​
26 Dec 219681.5%17
0.4%​
2.2%​
2.5%​
0.8%​
25 Dec 219061.4%12
0.3%​
1.9%​
2.4%​
1.0%​
24 Dec 219101.4%8
0.2%​
1.8%​
2.7%​
0.9%​
23 Dec 218611.4%8
0.2%​
1.7%​
2.7%​
0.7%​
22 Dec 217941.3%5
0.1%​
1.5%​
2.6%​
0.6%​
21 Dec 217761.2%7
0.2%​
1.4%​
2.6%​
0.6%​
20 Dec 217551.2%6
0.1%​
1.3%​
2.7%​
0.5%​
19 Dec 217591.2%4
0.1%​
1.1%​
2.6%​
0.4%​
18 Dec 217171.1%2
0.0%​
1.0%​
2.6%​
0.4%​

Last edited:
He thinks cos he’s a bogan he gets to escape being called left-wing
A bogan?… well, unlike you, atleast I’m a well educated bogan!…

Probably wouldve been a massive bogan actually.. loved my ripple soled shoes, tight black jeans and a flanny growing up until about 10 years old.. even had a mullet!.. loved old holdens.

But I also loved the ocean and surfing and spent more time (well, all of my time) there than cruising down Hindley street on a saturday night!.. so probably was identified more as a surfer than a bogan.

Maybe I was a bogan surfer?..

Not sure, given I *in hate the greens and flogs like extinction rebelion and ANTIFA, and I spent a lot of time making my money working in oil and gas that “lefty greeny” fits either..

But I do think its not a bad thing to undertake mining, oil and gas and construction activities responsibly and sustainably… surely thats a sensible attitude to have right?. And I know how the free market works and that all the smart money is flowing away from fossil fuels and towards rebewables these days no matter what the coalition flogs like canavan desperately say or do..

so… what you are saying is that you agree with me.. the coalition are a bunch of do nothing, spineless and gutless cowards who never persued a Nuclear energy policy because they were terrified of a few ragtag green fu**sticks and a grrens party who have never held any power whatsoever in our lower hous of parliament and bugger all in our upper house.

The only way Nuclear Power wouldve gotten off the ground in this country is if the labor party proposed it 20-30 years ago. The only party that does anything when it comes to infrastructure.

Leaving anything to the lazy do nothing party of the spineless conservatives means its destined to never happen.

And why would labor have bothered with NP 20-30 years ago?… they, and their unionised mining workforce backers, were happy enough to have coal and gas supply Australia’s energy needs.

But these days… times of changed.. renewables are now king and all the private investment from small and large scale operators proves that.. they are alll taking their money and resourses out of Coal, reducing their investment in gas and going “all in” on Renewables.

The Market has spoken.

But the dinosaurs in the COALition are squealing like stuck pigs because their ideological driven bullshit against renewables simply wont allow them to accept it.. so they then belatedly start wimpering about nuclear power is some desperate attempt to shift the goalposts. But nuclear is just far too expensive and no private investment firms/banks/power generating companies want to touch it. Its dead in the water.
Its funny, because as much as you want to attack the coalition for not going for nuclear power, labor really are just as guilty. They had the ability to do it when in power and if we look back to the start of Rudd's term - 2007 - 15 years ago, it most certainly would have provided a much more stable clean energy supply than renewables could be conceived of doing at that time then but they didn't touch it either - considering how much they were the supposed climate change crusaders. Why not have had both Nuclear AND renewables powering the country. Gillard then foisted a useless energy tax on all of us she said she would not and thankfully it got repealed.

But its good to see that you can make a partisan point out of literally anything rather than say both failed (although it must have stuck in your throat to say the bolded bit as it was vaguely hinting at Labor failure)..but please do keep up with the unhinged rants:thumbsupv1:

A bogan?… well, unlike you, atleast I’m a well educated bogan!…

Probably wouldve been a massive bogan actually.. loved my ripple soled shoes, tight black jeans and a flanny growing up until about 10 years old.. even had a mullet!.. loved old holdens.

But I also loved the ocean and surfing and spent more time (well, all of my time) there than cruising down Hindley street on a saturday night!.. so probably was identified more as a surfer than a bogan.

Maybe I was a bogan surfer?..

Not sure, given I fu**in hate the greens and flogs like extinction rebelion and ANTIFA, and I spent a lot of time making my money working in oil and gas that “lefty greeny” fits either..

But I do think its not a bad thing to undertake mining, oil and gas and construction activities responsibly and sustainably… surely thats a sensible attitude to have right?. And I know how the free market works and that all the smart money is flowing away from fossil fuels and towards rebewables these days no matter what the coalition flogs like canavan desperately say or do..

There’s a bit of bogan in all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back