Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep posting nonsense than?
Pfizer never claimed to protect against future variants and the government clearly hadn't planned for future variants (thanks Scomo).
Are you serious?

Morrison isn't a fireman and doesn't hold a hose, He's also not an Epidemioligist.....He takes advice from the experts and if that was their advice that's exactly what he and Greg Hunt would have sought to do.

Blame him for his faults and mistakes but that's not one of them.

How brainwashed are all of you exactly?

All of the scenarios you clods are posting assume that every person has the exact same risk profile.

When we hear that unvaccinated people have died the underlying data almost always shows that they were in a high-risk category. This has been no different since the start.

Nobody ever said those people shouldn’t get vaccinated. I have never said that. I’ve never even suggested that. In fact I’ve never said that about anyone, no matter what group they’re in.

What I’ve said is the idea that an unvaccinated person in a low risk group presents some sort of existential threat to the health system is a just an obvious ******* lie. It’s stupid, it was never true, and it never will be true, and the emergence of Omicron makes it even less true.

Now onto the original issue: do you now accept that if you haven’t been boosted you are now basically in the same position re Omicron as someone who is unvaccinated?

Yes or no?
And there he goes again… moving the goal posts..

Ok… so under your new goal post shifting “scenario” is it more likely that the vaxxinated are going to have more or less co-morbidities?… and thus higher “risk profiles”?

Or.. Would it be safe to assume that those who dont want the vaccine are more likely to be the more healthy individuals, with less comorbiditiies, in our society or the opposite?… thus lower “risk profiles”

Or,, What if we just accept that there are the same percentage of risk profiles on both sides of the equation?… is that a possibilty?

The problem is.. you dont have a ******* answer to any of these questions.. you’ve just made biased assumptions to shift the goal posts on your flakey arguement..

Quick question… Did you do the same thing when you put that chart up a page or two ago for all of us to see?… did you take into account “risk profiles” then too?… or did that not matter at that point?…

Because others are now on holidays.

There is a massive shortage of health staff trying to cope with opening new covid wards, day centres, call centres, etc... & you want the parents to stay home for another 2 weeks to look after their kids.

Bloody insane!

But keep doubling down...
You post as though OSHC doesn’t exist. There are ways and means. Education is not glorified babysitting.

You’re really struggling debating against someone as stupid as me.

Quick question… Did you do the same thing when you put that chart up a page or two ago for all of us to see?… did you take into account “risk profiles” then too?… or did that not matter at that point?…

Look, I won’t deny it Clamster…there is an element of smugness when I post data that shows the vaccines don’t stop the spread or prevent infection, and that two doses of the vaccine are not effective against Omicron.

They’re facts, but they’re facts I obviously enjoy pointing out a little bit too much.

Let’s call them SmugFacts.

But that is only because for a YEAR you relentless bastards have cheered on vaccine mandates, mass sackings and societal segregation based on unequivocally faulty data, or assumptions about the vaccine that turned out to be bald-faced lies.

We have a vaccine that:
  • Does not stop infection or spread.
  • Two doses are mandated but not effective against the current variant!

So I’m offering you a deal, Clam Man. I’ll stop playing reruns of Slippery Pete’s Smug Vaccine Facts Incorporated, if you stop supporting vaccine mandates/passports, and join the fight in unequivocally denouncing them.

Call it an olive branch, if you will.

You post as though OSHC doesn’t exist. There are ways and means. Education is not glorified babysitting.

You’re really struggling debating against someone as stupid as me.
Yeah, it's difficult to debate with stupid... but most on this thread get it, even if you don't!

Schooling doesn't equate to babysitting either.

Look, I won’t deny it Clamster…there is an element of smugness when I post data that shows the vaccines don’t stop the spread or prevent infection, and that two doses of the vaccine are not effective against Omicron.

They’re facts, but they’re facts I obviously enjoy pointing out a little bit too much.

Let’s call them SmugFacts.

But that is only because for a YEAR you relentless bastards have cheered on vaccine mandates, mass sackings and societal segregation based on unequivocally faulty data, or assumptions about the vaccine that turned out to be bald-faced lies.

We have a vaccine that:
  • Does not stop infection or spread.
  • Two doses are mandated but not effective against the current variant!

So I’m offering you a deal, Clam Man. I’ll stop playing reruns of Slippery Pete’s Smug Vaccine Facts Incorporated, if you stop supporting vaccine mandates/passports, and join the fight in unequivocally denouncing them.

Call it an olive branch, if you will.
Ahhh… look, I’ll admit theres an element of cheek and smugness in my comments too.. but this is a banter thread!.

As far as mandates go I dont know that I have ever fully supported them.. i dont think they are necessary given we are at more than 90% of the populatiin..

I have mostly argued that for some jobs they make sense and that (and I know you dissagree on this point) there is still a choice even if your employer says you need to be vaccinated to continue your employment.

A choice to have the vax or find another job that doesnt require you to be vaccinated.

People losing their jobs is never something to cheer about. Its ****ed.. but so is everything about this covid shitshow and the only real option presented so far to try and get out of it has been to get as many vaccinated as possible.. this isnt going to stop the virus just lessen its effect on the health and hospital systems.

Happy to call a truce though.. to be honest the last couple of weeks of this thread has just become a really mind numbing back and forth.. still fun.. but not as fun as it has been..

I can go & collect my winnings now .....another bet won .....only 3% of all fines issued during CoVid have been collected anyway ....this outcome was always a distinct possibility

View attachment 1312876
I wonder if the lefties will hold Dan Andrews to account for his Government's bureaucratic blunder similat to Scott Morrison with the Border Force blunder by Border Force Operatives?

I never understand the issue of stopping illegal immigrants

Human civilization expanded world wide through immigration.

And numerous countries (Including our very own) became what they are today through immigrants coming from afar and taking the land for their own.

I feel it's unethical to rob these people of a better life. Why should they be destined for a lifetime of hardship just because they were born in a country strife with war and crime, while some people here get a life of privilege despite being narcissistic jerks.

I am involved in community sports, and there's some amazing Afghan girls I know who are involved. Why should we rob that opportunity from others?

And numerous countries (Including out very own) became what they are today through immigrants coming from afar and taking the land for their own.

I feel it's unethical to rob these people of a better life. Why should they be destined for a lifetime of hardship just because they were born in a country strife with war and crime, while some people here get a life of privilege despite being narcissistic jerks.

I am involved in community sports, and there's some amazing Afghan girls I know who are involved. Why should we rob that opportunity from others?
Yep. And Australia is so full, can't let anyone in!
Liberals prey on people's fears and insecurities over their jobs and livelihoods despite evidence showing Australia is a multicultural society built on immigration that added to our quality of life, rather than the former.

And numerous countries (Including our very own) became what they are today through immigrants coming from afar and taking the land for their own.

Liberals prey on people's fears and insecurities over their jobs and livelihoods despite evidence showing Australia is a multicultural society built on immigration that added to our quality of life, rather than the former.

Do they have to be triple vaccinated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise there's a difference between controlled immigration and open borders?

Skilled immigration is supported, in fact encouraged by both the LNP and ALP, big difference between that and open borders....Every country should have control of who comes to their country. Australia took in and resettled 13,700 refugeees in 2021.

Pretty sure I read somewhere we would be taking 3,000 extra this year or last year fron Afghanistan due to the Taliban takeover?

ABC's 7.30 host Leigh Sales has shared a dramatic call to end the Covid 'fear and panic' surrounding Covid and doomsday predictions about the virus.

Sales retweeted a post from SBS host Kumi Taguchi linking to an inspirational article by Canadian journalist Jen Garson which calls out Covid doom-mongers.

'Instead of creating a culture that has become better adapted to manage the shifting risks of this pandemic, we've doubled and then tripled down on messages of fear and panic,' the tweet said.

Garson said politicians and leaders had used scare stories about the virus to terrify their people into compliance, undermining trust and destroying lives - and it must stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article recalled an email by top US doctor Craig Smith at the start of the pandemic which was a call to arms for medics in the fight against the virus.

Dr Smith warned he could be accused of overstating the threat that faced them in the earliest days of the outbreak and hoped he would have to 'apologise profusely'.

But he said the first couple of months of the outbreak could be a 'horror to imagine if we are under-estimating it.'

Instead though, he said medics should embrace the challenge like huskies pulling a loaded sled in winter and 'mush on' to get to the end.

'Remember that our families, friends, and neighbours are scared, idle, out of work, and feel impotent,' the chair of surgery at New York-Presbyterian Hospital wrote.

But she added: 'Frankly, I've been disappointed, not just in our elected leaders, but in all of us. There has been very little of this.

Instead of creating a culture that has become better adapted to manage the shifting risks of this pandemic, we've doubled and then tripled down on messages of fear and panic.

'No Keep Calm and Carry On in these quarters. No, now we live in a dystopian future of endless waves of variants, forever pandemics and death trap hospitals on the verge of collapse.

'This has not served us well.'

But she warns too many are still trying to scare the world into compliance through fear, which only undermines confidence in leaders and breeds more distrust.

When he opened up. Probably about then.

Seriously, some SmoCo lovers on here think he has done no wrong.

If he actually ordered the Pfizer in June 2020, when it was offered, which means we would have started our rollout 3 months earlier perhaps the need for NSW and Vic to go into lockdowns in Aug-Oct may have been avoided. But hey, SmoCo can do no wrong.

The current polls and those since late last year are telling us who the voters think is to blame, SmoCo.

How brainwashed are all of you exactly?

All of the scenarios you clods are posting assume that every person has the exact same risk profile.

When we hear that unvaccinated people have died the underlying data almost always shows that they were in a high-risk category. This has been no different since the start.

Nobody ever said those people shouldn’t get vaccinated. I have never said that. I’ve never even suggested that. In fact I’ve never said that about anyone, no matter what group they’re in.

What I’ve said is the idea that an unvaccinated person in a low risk group presents some sort of existential threat to the health system is a just an obvious ******* lie. It’s stupid, it was never true, and it never will be true, and the emergence of Omicron makes it even less true.

Now onto the original issue: do you now accept that if you haven’t been boosted you are now basically in the same position re Omicron as someone who is unvaccinated?

Yes or no?
A Big No And your a bloody fool to think otherwise..
We vaccinated against the Highly deadly variants up to and including Delta, the variant responsible for a large percentage of deaths and long-term effect in the world, The same Variants that was and still is Killing Healthy people,
True Data is available to anyone with the fortitude to look and understand.
And the Delta variant is still in the community.

I don't get my data from social media either.
PS Something to Ponder, Way things are heading in the future covid shots will be mixed with the Flu shot. Several companies are already working on that. too late for this season Flu shot but they are working on next season Flu shot.
I fully expect the 2023 flu shot to contain a covid mix.

Not sure the source of these numbers as hospitalisation for the past week in SA has been 60% vaxxed & 40% unvaxed, so the unvaxxed still a disproportionate high rate.

Further, the vast majority in ICU are unvaxxed & these cost 5x per day.

You just keep on posting dodgy data to mislead others on the true circumstances...

Probably from that right wing Coalition nut job and anti-vaxxer, Alex Antic.

Ahhh… look, I’ll admit theres an element of cheek and smugness in my comments too.. but this is a banter thread!.

As far as mandates go I dont know that I have ever fully supported them.. i dont think they are necessary given we are at more than 90% of the populatiin..

I have mostly argued that for some jobs they make sense and that (and I know you dissagree on this point) there is still a choice even if your employer says you need to be vaccinated to continue your employment.

A choice to have the vax or find another job that doesnt require you to be vaccinated.

People losing their jobs is never something to cheer about. Its f’ed.. but so is everything about this covid shitshow and the only real option presented so far to try and get out of it has been to get as many vaccinated as possible.. this isnt going to stop the virus just lessen its effect on the health and hospital systems.

Happy to call a truce though.. to be honest the last couple of weeks of this thread has just become a really mind numbing back and forth.. still fun.. but not as fun as it has been..

Just wait until the election gets called it will go thru the stratosphere!

I'm sceptical about the need for vaccine mandates at 90% vaxxed. The marginal benefit vs the other costs?

But that doesn't mean "the vaccine is ineffective lol". And it's not a reason for me to shy away from getting jabbed and ongoing boosters.
There should only be three industries that have mandates.

1 Healthcare, 2 Aged Care 3 Child Care.

The three key areas where staff deal with vulnerable people. And likely to catch it yourself.

Could argue looking after disabled people and Education. But I personally wouldn't do that.

The rest, nope. Just HR/PR box ticking

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Further delaying face-to-face learning may be worse for our kids in the long run, health experts say.
Victorian kids are more at risk of falling behind than getting severely ill from Covid if the school term is delayed, health experts warn.
With daily case numbers stabilising and the state’s active case numbers declining for the first time in a month, epidemiologists say RATs, face masks and keeping sick kids at home will be enough to prevent widespread infection when school returns later this month.

University of Sydney infectious diseases paediatrician Professor Robert Booy said outbreaks would occur even if term one was pushed back.

“If we delay school opening for two weeks, we will still have outbreaks when we open up again,” Prof Booy said.
through the community at a very fast rate and does not affect schoolchildren severely.
"In fact, most children have symptoms of a cold and nothing more.”

Prof Booy said fewer disruptions to education would be better for children in the long run.

“Most kids won’t be infectious so it’s best to get them to school so they get social, a good education, improved mental health, better job prospects and longer lives,” he said.

Deakin University epidemiology chair Prof Catherine Bennett agreed school should this term return as planned, with face masks a simple protective measure.

“Indoor masks are a good idea while community incidence is high,” Prof Bennett said.

“This won’t always apply and will vary by area and so should be reviewed regularly as it can be difficult to maintain adherence especially in younger schoolchildren.”

University of South Australia Professor Adrian Esterman said schools could continue to remain open if teachers were triple-vaxxed, students had high vaccination rates, classrooms were well ventilated and schools introduced a ‘test to stay’ policy for students.

Prof Booy said NSW’s model of testing schoolchildren twice-weekly was effective and useful.

“When you have a proven outbreak, you can do a daily RAT in order for the child to be attending,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back