Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a great way to display death rates, the groups are per 100,000 per people in that particular group - not per 100,000 of the total population.

A much better way to display how over represented the unvaccinated are.

Would be great if we would do similar thing here to stop the people who are poor at math saying "more people are dying who are vaccinated than unvaccinated".

Are any of you usual suspects in here prepared to offer me an apology yet?

I have been saying this will happen for a year.

I don’t really want an apology, because you are all pricks, but it’s still fun to ask.

Just get boosted and we’ll open up, we promise!

Marshall also today linked the uptake of booster vaccines to the easing of restrictions, telling reporters this afternoon, “the higher the booster level … the lower the transmission, the sooner that we can reduce those restrictions in South Australia”.
Yeah they can * off dangling that carrot.

This is a great way to display death rates, the groups are per 100,000 per people in that particular group - not per 100,000 of the total population.

Would be great if we would do similar thing here to stop the people who are poor at math saying "more people are dying who are vaccinated than unvaccinated".
...and the reason I posted it to counter that utter bullshit.

I was watching a show the other day about the bubonic plague of the 1300's. The death rate back then was around 1 in 2 who caught it and no treatments at all. With the unvaccinated by that graph, 13 people out of every 100 000 are dying from Covid. I guess its all perspective

Yeah they can fu** off dangling that carrot.

Back in November it was once the double vaxxed rate hits 90% there will be no more transition committee and life would be back to normal.

I know Omicron changed the game, but the feel of a lot of people is that they did what was asked of them and it hasn't amounted to much.

I'd be willing to bet that the booster will be a tough sell and the subsequent take up of them will be under 50%.

Yeah they can fu** off dangling that carrot.
I think people will be getting to the end of their tether with that. Oh, I'll still go and get my booster, I'll keep on doing whatever is recommended - but stop telling me that my freedoms won't be restored if not enough people toe that line. They are going to lose our faith (whatever faith we had to start with), and our willingness to cooperate / comply. They are going to lose our belief (if we had it in the first place) that they have any way out of this other than continuing, ongoing restrictions.

I read something a while back, can't recall the exact words - which were more eloquent than I can manage - but it was along the lines of:

Freedoms used to be something that we had, inherently and by default, unless we willingly consented to their constraint by the government. Now, we are supposed to see freedoms as whatever the government grants us.

So we had our 2nd AZ shot on October 18 which meant we were eligible to have our booster (already booked)on 18 February, today I'm reading as of the end of this month the time between your 2nd shot and the booster has been brought forward to 3 months. That means as of 1st February we can bring that forward to ASAP right?
Yes. We weren’t due for our booster till 25 Feb but they changed it to 4 months on Jan 4 so we’ve brought ours forward to next Tuesday. It’ll be three months from 1 Feb.

Back in November it was once the double vaxxed rate hits 90% there will be no more transition committee and life would be back to normal.

I know Omicron changed the game, but the feel of a lot of people is that they did what was asked of them and it hasn't amounted to much.

I'd be willing to bet that the booster will be a tough sell and the subsequent take up of them will be under 50%.

There’s no absolutes with this. How the * do people STILL not get this?

I'd also like to see "long covid" or otherwise "permanently ****ed up by it" stats too.
We focus on people dying a lot, but being debilitated for a significant period is pretty horrible too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people will be getting to the end of their tether with that. Oh, I'll still go and get my booster, I'll keep on doing whatever is recommended - but stop telling me that my freedoms won't be restored if not enough people toe that line. They are going to lose our faith (whatever faith we had to start with), and our willingness to cooperate / comply. They are going to lose our belief (if we had it in the first place) that they have any way out of this other than continuing, ongoing restrictions.

I read something a while back, can't recall the exact words - which were more eloquent than I can manage - but it was along the lines of:

Freedoms used to be something that we had, inherently and by default, unless we willingly consented to their constraint by the government. Now, we are supposed to see freedoms as whatever the government grants us.

1642571993441.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back