Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Kirky needs to quote literally every related issue and state his position on it before he makes a point.
I will not accept a less than 4000 word essay per post.

Thanks Tom. This is the first time I've ever heard of you.
My Twitter handle also has MP in it, and a link to my onlyfans. So I'm #winning.

Like and Subscribe.

I love the way you post. Never any actual discussion or contribution to a conversation.
It's like you think this asshattery is proving some kind of point.
Deary deary me..

The mere mention of tge word brexit has triggered the lefties here and brought them out like moths to a flame

But take your posting for example, always a 'wise crack' comment to try to look funny. Go you good thing

But you have not done anything of the sort. Again why not educate yourself before looking atupid

Unlike you, i have lived there for a number of years and understand the country well enough to know why it is long overdue. Why not just admit you are just an anti brexiter and a bitter one at that..get it off your chest you wont be so antsy then
Because I can't be an anti brexiter because I'm not British.

I do think it was a silly idea, because I, like most same minded Australians are pro- FTA. To remove yourself from such a large single market for minimal if any benefit it lunacy.

It's interesting that such a well travelled scholar like yourself is so sure of something that even the British people themselves aren't to sure about

Because I can't be an anti brexiter because I'm not British.

I do think it was a silly idea, because I, like most same minded Australians are pro- FTA. To remove yourself from such a large single market for minimal if any benefit it lunacy.

It's interesting that such a well travelled scholar like yourself is so sure of something that even the British people themselves aren't to sure about

Last i looked, the UK has around 70 million people. You just put up an opinion poll comprising 1666 people to try and make a point..bless

Number of respondents
1,666 respondents

And its rubbish to say you cant be anti brexit because you are not british..anyone can be pro or anti something. But say no more as its as obvious as the sun rising in the morning you are a bitter anti brexiter with only a vague idea what it was all about

See i can find polls that say different to yours

Last edited:
Last i looked, the UK has around 70 million people. You just put up an opinion poll comprising 1666 people to try and make a point..bless

Number of respondents
1,666 respondents

And its rubbish to say you cant be anti brexit because you are not british..anyone can be pro or anti something. But say no more as its as obvious as the sun rising in the morning you are a bitter anti brexiter with only a vague idea what it was all about

The scare campaigns alone were astonishing. What I think hurt brexit no favours was afterwards, the amount of rich who scared everyone into voting for it, potted the government and the negotiations from the cheap seats. All the while at the same time, making sure they had their european visa's and bank accounts set up, and moving their Uk based companies to Europe. Meanwhile still potting the May government from the cheap seats. If ever a political move was driven by the rich looking for a way to get richer, this is the very definition. This isn't a political divide comment, left or right. This was no doubt a movement lead by the rich. It worked.

I'm not British, I didn't win or lose anything.

Just because Trump said it was good, that doesn't make it good.

Looking at something objectively and noting it was a self inflicted disaster is just acknowledging the facts.

How bad was it? Never really got into it, but if they have a referendum on it and it passes, then that's that. Would have thought the timing was pretty good, covid came along soon after and pretty much ****ed most s**t. Makes me wonder whether whatever damage was going to occur was reduced as covid damaged so much anyway.

It really does beggar belief that we're only seeing this kind of info come out in the last 2-3 weeks. There should be a national campaign and all of Australia letter drop on this. I've seen a couple of ABC articles and some quotes from assistant health minister, but where the * is the national information campaign?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The World Health Organization's (WHO) chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan said Tuesday that there is no current evidence that suggests healthy adolescents or children need COVID-19 vaccine booster doses.

Speaking at a news briefing, Swaminathan explained that more research is necessary on the shots going forward, and that the agency had been making decisions based on current science.

"There is no evidence right now that healthy children or healthy adolescents need boosters. No evidence at all," she said.

Swaminathan said a panel would meet later this week to consider the question of how countries should be giving out boosters "with the view to reducing deaths."

The vaccines, she noted, provide levels of protection against severe disease.

She noted that while there "is some waning which occurs over a period of time" and a "slight drop" in protection, the aim is to protect the most vulnerable and those at highest risk of severe disease and death.

"Those are our elderly populations, immunocompromised people with underlying conditions, but also health care workers," Swaminathan added.

It really does beggar belief that we're only seeing this kind of info come out in the last 2-3 weeks. There should be a national campaign and all of Australia letter drop on this. I've seen a couple of ABC articles and some quotes from assistant health minister, but where the fu** is the national information campaign?

ABC has easily been the most informative & balanced media outlet through this pandemic.

Governments should have a better media campaign to educate us what to do as we planned to open up.

Did you know SA has a "cricket" team of clinical staff who will make calls to support those who are covid positive who are isolating at home?

So if you have symptoms, you can order a RAT kit & if you are positive, you will get phone call support.

Surely this should be messaged rather than flooding the Emergency Departments... & contributing to more health staff becoming positive & having to isolate.

The World Health Organization's (WHO) chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan said Tuesday that there is no current evidence that suggests healthy adolescents or children need COVID-19 vaccine booster doses.

Speaking at a news briefing, Swaminathan explained that more research is necessary on the shots going forward, and that the agency had been making decisions based on current science.

"There is no evidence right now that healthy children or healthy adolescents need boosters. No evidence at all," she said.

Swaminathan said a panel would meet later this week to consider the question of how countries should be giving out boosters "with the view to reducing deaths."

The vaccines, she noted, provide levels of protection against severe disease.

She noted that while there "is some waning which occurs over a period of time" and a "slight drop" in protection, the aim is to protect the most vulnerable and those at highest risk of severe disease and death.

"Those are our elderly populations, immunocompromised people with underlying conditions, but also health care workers," Swaminathan added.

WHO is concerned wealthier countries are giving boosters, whilst 3rs world countries remain largely unvaccinated in parts... & new strains likely to develop in these 3rd world countries.

Number of respondents
1,666 respondents

You do understand the science behind polling don’t you?

It generally represents the population as a whole. Yes, there is a margin of error depending on sample size etc however in the overall result the margin of error is minimal.

Something about vote them out. But who cares, you should be able to be critical of politicians without this threat, what bullshit
Well that is crap as we need freedom of speech, unless he is encouraging violence there should be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back