Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 20% of covid deaths in past month are from residential care.

Surely more needs to be done to protect this vulnerable group now we have opened up.

Should be daily RAT of staff & visitors... & 1970crow 's temperature checks.

Yes, the people most vulnerable and yet there were some on here who thought we could have a normal working economy and somehow protect these people.

How the * was that going to occur when we have 220+ deaths in aged care this month alone when we have 90%+ of the population vaccinated?

Yes, the people most vulnerable and yet there were some on here who thought we could have a normal working economy and somehow protect these people.

How the fu** was that going to occur when we have 220+ deaths in aged care this month alone when we have 90%+ of the population vaccinated?
I imagine the issue is many have other comorbidities, so even if double vaccinated they are vulnerable. Some loss of life is sadly unavoidable.

Over 30% have received the booster, but it should have been the elderly as well as health & aged care workers that are prioritised as the rest should be ok with 2 vaccinations.

It should be about minimising the risk for those who are vulnerable.

Last edited:
I imagine the issue is many have other comorbidities, so even if double vaccinated they are vulnerable. Some loss of life is sadly unavoidable.

Over 30% have received the booster, but it should have been the elderly as well as health & aged care workers that are prioritised as the rest should be ok with 2 vaccinations.

That thing of yours about one off stat comparisons...

Summary​

Nearly 245,000 older people (Indigenous Australians aged 50 and over, and non-Indigenous Australians aged 65 and over) died between July 2012 and June 2014. This report presents information on the cause of death patterns, and any aged care services they used before their death. This is the first time this analysis has been done in Australia.

Main causes of death​

The leading causes of death for these older Australians were Coronary heart disease (14% of deaths), Dementia (9%), Cerebrovascular disease (stroke) (8%), Lung cancer (5%), Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (5%) and Diabetes (3%).
These 6 conditions also account for more than 40% of the total burden of disease for older Australians.

Cause of death patterns varied depending on whether people had used aged care​

Four in 5 (80%) of people in the study cohort had used an aged care program sometime before their death. Cause of death patterns differed somewhat between this group and people who had not used any aged care.
Coronary heart disease (14%) was the leading underlying cause of death for people who had used aged care, followed by Dementia (11%). For people who had not used aged care, Coronary heart disease was also the leading underlying cause of death (16%), but this was followed by Lung cancer (9%). Cancer-related causes were more common among those who had not used any aged care.

Understand loss of life is unavoidable in aged care facilities but what is avoidable is the number of cases of Covid-19 within facilities - that is currently a total failure!

And Colbeck should be sacked for incompetence.

Last edited:
Just for CTID

but, but, but….. i thought, according to CTID anyways, biden was very unpopular, seen as useless and essentially hated in the US?… Crow Till I Die?.. thoughts?..

if Biden is all of those things and more, yet is still more popular than trump/desantis… then what does that say about Trump and Desantis?..

gonna be funny to watch the war between trump and desantis leading up to the 2024 presidential election.. everything is pointing to it being a “nuclear” one which will tear the republican party in half!.

But no doubt crow till i die will continue to cling to his “but, but, but… republicans will take back the senate and house at the midterms” nonsense.. as if thats a win… everyone else that knows anything about US politics knows this always happens because its traditionally only republican voters that bother to turn out and vote in the midterm elections..

as far as trump and desantis goes… not sure which one is more batshit crazy… but atleast Trump has the courage to back covid vaccines and the guts to stand up in front of moronic republican voters and tell them to get their jabs and boosters.. desantis is too much of a coward to do so and sees more votes in spreading misinformation about covid and the vaccines.. he couldnt give a * how many people die due to his spreading of this miss information.

Who cares, an 83 year liberal is being replaced by a liberal.

It makes no difference to the balance of the Supreme Court (the whackos still have a minority). The makeup of tge next House and Senate has minimal impact on this decision.

Senator McConnell will probably stick his beak into this as well. What a stain on that place is him.
FTFY

Summary​

Nearly 245,000 older people (Indigenous Australians aged 50 and over, and non-Indigenous Australians aged 65 and over) died between July 2012 and June 2014. This report presents information on the cause of death patterns, and any aged care services they used before their death. This is the first time this analysis has been done in Australia.

Main causes of death​

The leading causes of death for these older Australians were Coronary heart disease (14% of deaths), Dementia (9%), Cerebrovascular disease (stroke) (8%), Lung cancer (5%), Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (5%) and Diabetes (3%).
These 6 conditions also account for more than 40% of the total burden of disease for older Australians.

Four in 5 (80%) of people in the study cohort had used an aged care program sometime before their death. Cause of death patterns differed somewhat between this group and people who had not used any aged care.
Coronary heart disease (14%) was the leading underlying cause of death for people who had used aged care, followed by Dementia (11%). For people who had not used aged care, Coronary heart disease was also the leading underlying cause of death (16%), but this was followed by Lung cancer (9%). Cancer-related causes were more common among those who had not used any aged care.
So the question is how many of the deaths prematurely ended the life of someone.

Ie. How much higher is the overall death rate compared to usual, as many of these vulnerable people would sadly have died without covid due to other comorbidities.

The fact remains there should be greater protections for residential care, given they are more vulnerable.

Would you not think regular testing of staff & visitors to limit the spread would be sensible thing.

but, but, but….. i thought, according to CTID anyways, biden was very unpopular, seen as useless and essentially hated in the US?… Crow Till I Die?.. thoughts?..

if Biden is all of those things and more, yet is still more popular than trump/desantis… then what does that say about Trump and Desantis?..

gonna be funny to watch the war between trump and desantis leading up to the 2024 presidential election.. everything is pointing to it being a “nuclear” one which will tear the republican party in half!.

But no doubt crow till i die will continue to cling to his “but, but, but… republicans will take back the senate and house at the midterms” nonsense.. as if thats a win… everyone else that knows anything about US politics knows this always happens because its traditionally only republican voters that bother to turn out and vote in the midterm elections..

as far as trump and desantis goes… not sure which one is more batshit crazy… but atleast Trump has the courage to back covid vaccines and the guts to stand up in front of moronic republican voters and tell them to get their jabs and boosters.. desantis is too much of a coward to do so and sees more votes in spreading misinformation about covid and the vaccines.. he couldnt give a fu** how many people die due to his spreading of this miss information.
you are a useful idiot that's for sure - a braindead one without doubt.

As for Desanctis - funny how hordes of americans are fleeing blue states to head to HIS run Florida.

I am sure if you think he is bat s**t crazy, he would feel very confident of being declared a genius by the vast majority.

Here are a few other tit bits of data

Biden is sinking faster than the titanic - oh and if Kirky wants to partake in this discussion, he need not welch on the bet we made that he agreed to on here

There are dozens of polls showing biden is sinking like lead - happy to keep posting them for you

So the question is how many of the deaths prematurely ended the life of someone.

Ie. How much higher is the overall death rate compared to usual, as many of these vulnerable people would sadly have died without covid due to other comorbidities.

The fact remains there should be greater protections for residential care, given they are more vulnerable.

Would you not think regular testing of staff & visitors to limit the spread would be sensible thing.
I can only speak for my 89 year old mother who went into respite care last year for over a month at the Beaufort Aged Care Facility and she had her blood pressure taken AM and PM and her temperature taken AM every day by the nurses.

The big problem as I see it will always be the carers/workers who don't live on site and visitors bringing the virus in so of course therein lies the biggest danger. Not sure it's ever going to be possible to keep Omicron and it's variants out 100% however given it's so highly transmissible.

As for Desanctis - funny how hordes of americans are fleeing blue states to head to HIS run Florida.

I am sure if you think he is bat sh*t crazy, he would feel very confident of being declared a genius by the vast majority.

Biden is sinking faster than the titanic - oh and if Kirky wants to partake in this discussion, he need not welch on the bet we made that he agreed to on here

There are dozens of polls showing biden is sinking like lead - happy to keep posting them for you
that wasnt the point being made.. a point which of course you conveniently ignored…

whilst Bidens poll numbers arent as strong as they have been, he is still out in front of trump and desantis!..

so again, i ask you, how bad must trump and desantis be?… given biden, as you say, isnt going great but is still more popular than these two…

Summary​

Main causes of death​

Not surprised that Dementia is much higher in Aged Care than non-Aged Care. It's much harder for families to provide the required level of care for Dementia sufferers, so most Dementia sufferers end up being placed in Aged Care.

I can only speak for my 89 year old mother who went into respite care last year for over a month at the Beaufort Aged Care Facility and she had her blood pressure taken AM and PM and her temperature taken AM every day by the nurses.

The big problem as I see it will always be the carers/workers who don't live on site and visitors bringing the virus in so of course therein lies the biggest danger. Not sure it's ever going to be possible to keep Omicron and it's variants out 100% however given it's so highly transmissible.
No argument it will be impossible to keep omicron completely out of residential care given how infectious it is... but surely we can regularly RAT staff & visitors to significantly reduce the chances of omicron getting into a facility.

Currently I think there is something like 40% of residential care facilities with omicron, which is way too high. Should be able to reduce through some safety measures to protect the vulnerable... along with ensuing all have their booster.

that wasnt the point being made.. a point which of course you conveniently ignored…

whilst Bidens poll numbers arent as strong as they have been, he is still out in front of trump and desantis!..

so again, i ask you, how bad must trump and desantis be?… given biden, as you say, isnt going great but is still more popular than these two…
its irrelevant as to what a head to head between the two looks like as its not for another 3 years so its hardly a current focus. But I could also say that Biden is less popular than trump was at the same stage of his presidency. I could also say the Dems are headed for an almighty thumping in the mid terms and are increasingly likely to lose the senate and then should have to face the music of impeachment trials, committee oustings, investigations hearings (lots and lots more negative coverage by the press too) - Biden is still in his honeymoon period and is already cratering, we have seen state elections with thumping wins to republicans and some very blue states nearly turn red - within Bidens 1st year. Whats it going to look like at the rate things are going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its irrelevant as to what a head to head between the two looks like as its not for another 3 years so its hardly a current focus. But I could also say that Biden is less popular than trump was at the same stage of his presidency. I could also say the Dems are headed for an almighty thumping in the mid terms and are increasingly likely to lose the senate and then should have to face the music of impeachment trials, committee oustings, investigations hearings (lots and lots more negative coverage by the press too) - Biden is still in his honeymoon period and is already cratering, we have seen state elections with thumping wins to republicans and some very blue states nearly turn red - within Bidens 1st year. Whats it going to look like at the rate things are going
i will reframe the question in more basic terms then since you seem to be struggling..

is trump or desantis more popular than Biden?

simple yes or no will suffice..

i will reframe the question in more basic terms then since you seem to be struggling..

is trump or desantis more popular than Biden?

simple yes or no will suffice..

ok simple one - I say Trump (see I can pull up polls that push my side of the argument )

Monday, January 24

I am sure if you think he is bat sh*t crazy, he would feel very confident of being declared a genius by the vast majority.

Yet still better than Trump 😂

Biden is crap, but Trump was worse, You need to dump Trump before gets dumped by his party.

most polls still show biden in front of trump.

so, given that you constantly like to point out that Biden is unpopular (and I’m not disagreeing with that), yet he still leads trump…

what does this say about trump?…

surely that all points to trump being pretty much despised by the great majority of US citizens.. I mean, if Biden is despised by them and he still leads trump.. then trump must also be by that logic.

most polls still show biden in front of trump.

so, given that you constantly like to point out that Biden is unpopular (and I’m not disagreeing with that), yet he still leads trump…

what does this say about trump?…

surely that all points to trump being pretty much despised by the great majority of US citizens.. I mean, if Biden is despised by them and he still leads trump.. then trump must also be by that logic.
what - from before November last year. Now here are the most recent ones that show Trump in front of Biden - I mean we do want to use current data not old data don't we

General Election: Trump vs. Biden​

Polling Data​

PollDateSampleMoETrump (R)Biden (D)Spread
RCP Average11/3 - 1/20----45.740.3Trump +5.4
Harris1/19 - 1/201815 RV--4640Trump +6
InsiderAdvantage12/17 - 12/19750 RV3.64941Trump +8
Rasmussen11/22 - 11/231200 LV3.04532Trump +13
Wall St. Journal11/16 - 11/221500 RV2.54546Biden +1
USA Today11/3 - 11/51000 RV3.14440Trump +4
Emerson11/3 - 11/41000 RV3.04543Trump +2
All General Election: Trump vs. Biden Polling Data

what - from before November last year. Now here are the most recent ones that show Trump in front of Biden - I mean we do want to use current data not old data don't we

Polling Data​

What are you on about?..

My link takes you directly to the latest polling… try it again

Polling Data​

Some of these polls go all the way back to april last year!..The link I provided shows current (Today and the last couple of days) polling..

All you!’ve done is gone through all the polls for the last 8 months and picked out solely the ones with trump in front!..

Your *n hilarious

Yet he still polls better than Trump

What does that say about him.

There are other conservative politicians you can hang your hat on, pick one.
no - have a read of the polling I put up - trump polls better. You only need look back a post or 2 and you will see that data

And I have said before De Sanctis is very likely to be President end of 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back