Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemming thinks he’s being clever by calling me a lemming when clearly you fit the bill.

Which seat are you in and which independent you voting for? Where are your preferences going in the lower and upper houses?
Haha, like I need to tell you my specific voting... because then I'll have to put up with so many more BS posts from rusted on lemmings trying to tell me I'm wrong.

You seem to think it's your right to demand answers from people at will.

Sometimes you find people find this a rude trait & will tell you to * off! ;)

I have already answered most of this many times... if you had been paying attention.

Actually Kane, by memory you are in Sturt and you know that it’s likely to go either Liberal or Labor with no standout independent likely to have a chance of winning. So your independent vote will flow through to Labor and Albo as PM, like I said “Lemming”. The cute thing is you think you’re being a deep independent thinker when you know exactly what your vote is worth and where it’s going.

Actually Kane, by memory you are in Sturt and you know that it’s likely to go either Liberal or Labor with no standout independent likely to have a chance of winning. So your independent vote will flow through to Labor and Albo as PM, like I said “Lemming”. The cute thing is you think you’re being a deep independent thinker when you know exactly what your vote is worth and where it’s going.
Do you know that you can number the preferences based on what you want rather some lemming how to vote card.

That's what I do every election based on independent thought.

You should try it one day.... it could blow your mind!

Here is a demo for you - watch the bit on the green form... you can choose who you want in the order you want ;)

Do you know that you can number the preferences based on what you want rather some lemming how to vote card.

That's what I do every election based on independent thought.

You should try it one day.... it could blow your mind!
Got you Kane, no independent is winning in Sturt.

Do you know when you fill out your preferences your vote will ultimately go to Labor and hence you join the lemming movement to oust ScoMo and install Albo as PM.

Got you Kane, no independent is winning in Sturt.

Do you know when you fill out your preferences your vote will ultimately go to Labor and hence you join the lemming movement to oust ScoMo and install Albo as PM.
I have already said I'm voting for a minor party.

It's like ground hog day with you!

Get a dementia check... ;)

He’s in Sturt, same as me and you and I know only one of two parties are winning that seat, Labor or Libs. So yeah his preference flow counts, because his “independent” thinking means he’s voting Labor

That depends on where the Indy sends their preferences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, sending his vote to the Labor candidate, helping Labor win and install Albo as PM? His independent first preference isn’t worth s**t besides giving him a warm and fuzzy feeling
Money goes to someone more deserving than either major party.

Also, the whole concept of preferential voting should be about voting for who you believe is most deserving in order. Hence I have read up on all my candidates to vote according to my personal preferences.

On the other hand a rusted on lemming doesn't need to think as they just grab their how to vote card & follow accordingly.

Money goes to someone more deserving than either major party.

Also, the whole concept of preferential voting should be about voting for who you believe is most deserving in order. Hence I have read up on all my candidates to vote according to my personal preferences.

On the other hand a rusted on lemming doesn't need to think as they just grab their how to vote card & follow accordingly.
I hope when you vote Kane you have that inner glow which comes from the pride of being an independent thinker but ultimately when you watch put Labor ahead of the Libs your joining the crowd and the lemming movement to get Albo elected 🤣

I hope when you vote Kane you have that inner glow which comes from the pride of being an independent thinker but ultimately when you watch put Labor ahead of the Libs your joining the crowd and the lemming movement to get Albo elected 🤣
I'll be comfortable that I'm not rewarding an incompetent fraud of a PM get re-elected.

If he was doing a decent job, then he would have got my vote.

I'm sure you will feel happy making the same vote as the last election rewarding someone who has done a s**t job, including breaking core promises.

I'll be comfortable that I'm not rewarding an incompetent fraud of a PM get re-elected.

If he was doing a decent job, then he will get my vote.

I'm sure you will feel happy making the same vote as the last election rewarding someone who has done a s**t job, including breaking core promises.
We’ve already had this discussion awhile back, I don’t think he’s done a s**t job. I’m not going through that again, read it if you want and I hope you do cause you’ll see how flawed your thinking was.

You’re voting Albo, thats ok Lemming.

As for incompetent, you seen Albos election campaign?
As for fraud, you seen Albo claim economic credentials he doesn’t have?

We’ve already had this discussion awhile back, I don’t think he’s done a s**t job. I’m not going through that again, read it if you want and I hope you do cause you’ll see how flawed your thinking was.

You’re voting Albo, thats ok Lemming.
No, I'm not voting for either major party you lemming!

But we know you are as honest as ScoMo... your fraud of a leader who you think is competent lol.

Bushfires, floods, covax... he's not a bulldozer, he's a sloth!

• cheap seat pay too much - which won't change because we're always going to be the end user, charging industry more just increases the costs we pay at the end of the day.
  • big truck pay too little - which will be passed on all the way to the end user.
  • some people who no need pay pay - who are these people and how do they pay without needing to pay?
  • some roads not enough spent - changing the way road use is charged won't change the way governments apportion their income
  • lots roads too much spent - that's politics, see above.
  • big truck not go best route - big trucks will go the most economical route available to them. Define 'best route'.
  • little car not go best route - see above.
  • some fancy car not pay anything - explain how this occurs in the present system.
  • fancy car going to be most cars one day - wouldn't that make them not fancy if nearly everyone has one?
  • new roads chase votes - so new roads aren't required?
Thanks for engaging.

• In theory yes. That was my simplified point of a zero sum between light and heavy vehicles (in reality it will be ambiguous to see who the winners and losers are)
  • same as above
  • current revenues related to vehicles don't match expenditure (and it's getting worse). Hence the balance is taken from general revenue, which is paid by people who don't even drive vehicles or use them very little. This doesn't make sense.
  • The holistic reform tackles supply side as well. If you look up Heavy Vehicle Road Reform (supply side) you can read how spending will be decided. Currently there is no framework and it's completely haphazard.
  • The reforms mitigate dumb political motivations (see above)
  • Vehicle users aren't very efficient in route taken or time of day chosen when it comes to damage and congestion. Private companies are obviously more efficient depending on their sophistication, but they can still get it wrong and also use the wrong roads that might take the same time. Price signals are almost non existent. (agree to disagree on this one)
  • electric vehicles currently pay nothing and with no excise to collect, a distance charge is required (hopefully this is coming soon).
  • can you imagine when most cars are EVs and we don't have some form of mass-distance-location charge? Not exactly sustainable.
  • Roads should be prioritised and built based on need, not which electorate it is in for an upcoming election.

The system is fiscally backwards and unsustainable.

I'm not going to say anymore. If you want to understand the subject better look up the reform on the infrastructure website and the productivity commission website. Road infrastructure experts have been trying to push for these changes for over a decade now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back