Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know how long it takes for a nurse to be upskilled to be an ICU?

That's ignoring the fact we'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul since nurses are t something we have an oversupply of in Australia.
And after 18 months of this, most of them are on the verge of exhaustion as well.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's the point of an at-home rapid test? I mean, if you're a close contact and need to get tested, surely you need to get an official PCR test at a testing site anyway to prove whether you've got it?
It's for those who experience symptoms at home, and want to get tested without spending hours waiting in line for a PCR test.

It's not for close contacts who need to get themselves tested with a PCR test.

At the rate Omicron is spreading, contact tracing will soon become impossible. It won't be long until you only get tested if you experience symptoms, at which point Rapid Antigen testing comes into It's own.

It's for those who experience symptoms at home, and want to get tested without spending hours waiting in line for a PCR test.

At the rate Omicron is spreading, contact tracing will soon become impossible. It won't be long until you only get tested if you experience symptoms, at which point Rapid Antigen testing comes into It's own.

Cheers.

So let's say you experience symptoms. You have the rapid test at home. It says you're positive - you still need to line up for a PCR test?

FFS:

Lateral flow tests for active virus. PCR tests for viral material

lateral flow has some risk of false positives, but unlikely to give false negative

step 1. Lateral flow. If negative, you’re clear.
step 2 If positive confirm with PCR

That’s what everyone else does.

Cheers.

So let's say you experience symptoms. You have the rapid test at home. It says you're positive - you still need to line up for a PCR test?
Yes.

Spurrier said so on 5AA this morning.

Any positive RAT needs to be followed up by a PCR.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay.

So let's say you have symptoms, you have the rapid test at home, it says negative... how accurate is it?
If its been approved so it's fine. But if you don't trust the negative go get tested. It's up to you. But if you are feeling unwell, as they say stay home.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of these statements contradict the other

We have an oversupply of nurses - and yet you dont think we couldnt find enough nurses to be upskilled

And as to your 1st point - what level of ICU experience would be truly needed ? Machine beeps regularly the patient is alive - the machine beeps continuously the patient is dead

Care is care and in ICU - apart from understanding protocols for different conditions - its nursing.

I clearly meant to say aren't

Also you clearly have NFI about what nurses do and the knowledge they require.

No evidence they won't. Just keep the at risk isolated whilst it works through the community. Plus vast majority of hospitalisations are unvaxxed. They had their chance, it's on them.

No evidence they won't?

Can I point you to the NSW health system already buckling?

The virtue signallers won’t like this:

Very interesting. If I get a chance after I knock off work but before Xmas I'll check out the source data to verify. If not I'll do it on the public holiday days.

Very interesting. If I get a chance after I knock off work but before Xmas I'll check out the source data to verify. If not I'll do it on the public holiday days.
Anecdotally there are plenty of vaxxed getting infected here in SA

Both (found out a second one today) child care workers where my son is who are infected are double vaxxed.

Three nurses my wife know are infected.

Given we have 90%+ double vax rate now, statistically you would have to suggest the vaxxed are getting infected at a decent rate.

The difference being vaxxed are generally low symptoms or asymptomatic.

Anecdotally there are plenty of vaxxed getting infected here in SA

Both child care workers where my son is who are infected are double vaxxed.

Three nurses my wife know are infected.

Given we have 90%+ double vax rate now, statistically you would have to suggest the vaxxed are getting infected at a decent rate.

The difference being vaxxed are generally low symptoms or asymptomatic.

Well what's interesting is that the graph in that tweet is showing it as rates. So it's already factoring in the different populations.

That's why I want to look at the source data as those figures are quite surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back