Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These restrictions are also funny when at the cricket last week there was no proof of identity checks for vaccine ceritificates, no policing of masks, no aim to social distance seating at all, no aim to socially distance the village green area etc.
I said would happen weeks ago, but got shouted down here.

Turnstyle jockeys and weekend rent a cops were never going to do proper checks of vaccination status.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I said would happen weeks ago, but got shouted down here.

Turnstyle jockeys and weekend rent a cops were never going to do proper checks of vaccination status.

I was checked 3/5 days.

They did say it would be random, not all.

Hospitalisation rates - SA 0.5%, Tasmania 0.5% & ACT 0.2% (nearly all vaccinated).

Other state have higher hospitalisation rates as many cases prior to getting their vaccination rate up & delta more dominant than omicron.
I do wonder if the increased testing is pulling resources from the system.

Not to mention more staff required to implement COVID safe processes within the hospitals.

Vaccines are a ticket to big shateholder profits though. Those that got in early are sitting pretty right about now.
Yeah, the only reason there is a worldwide vaccination program is to boost pharmaceutical company profits...

I do wonder if the increased testing is pulling resources from the system.

Not to mention more staff required to implement COVID safe processes within the hospitals.

No doubt, but surely they were expecting increased testing once we reopened.

At least this has ended the silly testing requirements for those travelling interstate.

They have 374 of 17392 active cases in hospital = 2.1%. The rate is coming down though.

Yes, but how many people have gone to hospital for covid for minor symptoms but were frightened because of the doom and gloom the media present. but because they have covid they have had to stay. To me its the ICU figures that count. People may have also had to go to hospital for other reasons but have a symptomatic covid. But they test positive. We just aren't getting told the right questions.

I was checked 3/5 days.

They did say it would be random, not all.
I bet you are an easy check.

Look like you won't question a check and be compliant.

They never check anyone in a random check who might be a hassle.

Have had a discussion about random checks at Footy, before COVID , with a Cop mate who works AO. He said the rent a cops always pick easy targets for the "random" pat down.

Since then I always pay attention to this while in line. He is right.

No doubt, but surely they were expecting increased testing once we reopened.

At least this has ended the silly testing requirements for those travelling interstate.
Surely......you jest.

Plus Omricon has changed testing requirements. Had to cut testing requirements for testing due to demand.

I highly doubt they expected to be testing 20k people a day before we knew about Omricon.

So Marshall opens up to allow families to reunite and to boost the economy. That I can accept, we had to open up eventually, although some may argue it was slightly premature. However, thousands of families had to isolate over Christmas anyway ******* up plans and gatherings for many and then announces these restrictions one day afterwards. Let's not forget the broken health system which he had had ample time to prepare for once he opened up.

If he wasn't cactus before, he definitely is now.
You’re working on the assumption omicron wouldn’t have entered anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but how many people have gone to hospital for covid for minor symptoms but were frightened because of the doom and gloom the media present. but because they have covid they have had to stay. To me its the ICU figures that count. People may have also had to go to hospital for other reasons but have a symptomatic covid. But they test positive. We just aren't getting told the right questions.
No the covid hospitalisation numbers are for patients admitted with Covid... is the key as need enough beds for normal operations.

The numbers in ICU remain reasonably low which is just as well as these patients cost 5x more requiring higher staffing levels.

Thing is, Malinauskas would have done a similar if not the very same thing.

It'll be interesting if Marshall loses and Labor gets in. Just how different will things be? Both Labor and Liberal State governments have stuffed up, so I fail to see how Mali will do any better.

Aged care facilities are suffering, with 40 facilities with Covid. 35 cases of staff with it, and 8 sites where it's spread within the facility. 21 hospitals with cases where medical staff have succumbed. I can see that if restrictions weren't introduced, these areas would become a very large cause for concern.

It's a pity Nicole was ignored when she wanted to keep the borders shut for a while longer.

Thing is, Malinauskas would have done a similar if not the very same thing.

It'll be interesting if Marshall loses and Labor gets in. Just how different will things be? Both Labor and Liberal State governments have stuffed up, so I fail to see how Mali will do any better.

Aged care facilities are suffering, with 40 facilities with Covid. 35 cases of staff with it, and 8 sites where it's spread within the facility. 21 hospitals with cases where medical staff have succumbed. I can see that if restrictions weren't introduced, these areas would become a very large cause for concern.

It's a pity Nicole was ignored when she wanted to keep the borders shut for a while longer.

I bet you are an easy check.

Look like you won't question a check and be compliant.

They never check anyone in a random check who might be a hassle.

Have had a discussion about random checks at Footy, before COVID , with a Cop mate who works AO. He said the rent a cops always pick easy targets for the "random" pat down.

Since then I always pay attention to this while in line. He is right.

No doubt. I was early most days which makes it easier for them to check more earlier than later.

My sister in law always gets security checked due to her Greek appearance.

Surely......you jest.

Plus Omricon has changed testing requirements. Had to cut testing requirements for testing due to demand.

I highly doubt they expected to be testing 20k people a day before we knew about Omricon.

We knew about Omricon before we opened back up. Would have thought they would have factored in different scenarios.

So what are the new restrictions
Home gatherings capped at 10 and density requirements at hospitality venues will be reduced to one person per 4 square metres indoors, and one person per 2 square metres outdoors.

I have no political affiliations and definitely agree, no matter who was in charge, they would have stuffed up.

Find it so funny, how some passionately defend/attack the current government.
Of course, every state premier has ****ed up along the way, Labor and Liberal, but it still doesn't change the fact that Marshall is most likely finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back