Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah but I do have a picture which I piss on.

Actually I’d only have one use for that mask - to wipe my arse coz he knows all about sh*t (ala Maccas Engadine).
Did you colour the picture in with crayons?

Cloth masks are all the rage with some on here...they dont do much but thats a conspiracy theory apparently

Lol, Mutineer is their #1 cheerleader on here!

Gather with all your posting again your were in one of your drunk moods posting any old random BS that came into your mind.

You were posting so much crap, they had to close down BigFooty.com for a while lol.

yeh, I misread the chain and thought you were referring to Slippery, who can't stand them. I realised as I read on and went to delete but then BF went down and I forgot about it.

Hospitalisation increase watch

AUS 2x 11 days, 4x 18 days
SA 2x 9 days, 4x 15 days
NSW 2x 12 days, 4x 17 days
ViC 2x 11 days, 4x months ago
QLD 2x 8 days, 4x 14 days

If I'm reading that correctly, only SA isn't seeing a reduction in the doubling rate. Giving increasing case numbers, if hospitalisations aren't increasing at the same rate, then I gather it's not totally random. With covid rampant do we see those more likely to be hospitalised catching it with earlier contacts that don't infect those that won't suffer to that degree?

Just spitballing as I don't know how this works. I visualise it a bit like that paywall and 12ft ladder solution. I have a natural wall for colds/viruses that's a certain height. Lots of bugs that I encounter don't have a tall enough ladder. Getting vaccinated raises the wall, but with covid there's a bug out there with a ladder tall enough. And i gather that the larger the wall the better the body is at defending against what comes over it.

But that could be totally wrong.

Don't worry, we all had you figured.

It's fine though, you don't see any potential negligence there, I'm not overly surprised.

you could just retract having come to the realisation you have no reasonin. I'll help you, whilst they are welcoming actual infected nurses back to work on wards there i a 0% chance that re-hiring unvaccinated nurses culd be described as negligence. 0%. It's ok to have mis-spoken, I know you don't believe it would be negligence because if you did you'd explain your reasoning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine that the first thing you need to do when you get up at literally 5am is to get onto Bigfooty and troll and abuse. The abuse was ugly and personal, but taking a leaf out of your book and also my NY resolution is to let it go.

I genuinely just hope that his personal life and work life improves so he has other outlets in his life to bring him happiness.

i'm up at 4:30 because I'm asleep by 9:30 most nights. Can only sleep so much little man. What's Unfunny Facts with Grotto got to say about when is an appropriate time for me to post?

Saying he had it in last six months. But this is not even what they’re contesting anymore.

From the Sydney Morning Herald:

The Australian government says the presence of Novak Djokovic throughout the two weeks of the Australian Open may put lives and civil order at risk by increasing anti-vax sentiment and disregard for COVID-19 rules.

In a radical reframing of the case against the Serbian tennis star, Immigration Minister Alex Hawke concedes the unvaccinated Djokovic entered Australia with a valid medical exemption and poses a low risk of contracting the virus while in Australia and passing it on to others due to his recent infection.

The furious debate that had engulfed Djokovic for the past 10 days – whether a recent bout of COVID-19 provided him with a genuine d exemption to travel to Australia without being vaccinated – has been abandoned by the government without Mr Hawke even reading Djokovic’s extensive submissions on the question.

is he a conspratorial anti-vaxxer that pushes his view to not get vaxxed to others? Not saying it matters much, but the difference, nuance if you will, is often lost on the fringe lunatics. You're a good case study. Have been vaccinated for other reasons, have never suggested someone shouldn't get vaccinated for covid, hadn't advised your vaccination status and yet there's a handful of loons in here that can't distinguish between you and one of those crazy antivaxxers sprouting weird conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Who the fu** is advising the government?

You have Clive Palmer, George Christensen and Craig Kelly actually conducting rallies regarding anti-vax and yet not a peep from ministers within the government. Sheer hypocrisy.

What can the government do about 2 of those.. And in reality, why try, the only outcome will be fuel on the fire. Stifling debate and freedom of thought is surely the last thing you want our governments to be doing. Their strategy should be to continue pushing their message strongly, not arguing with those with an opposing view and trying to intervene in planned peaceful protest.

i'm up at 4:30 because I'm asleep by 9:30 most nights. Can only sleep so much little man. What's Unfunny Facts with Grotto got to say about when is an appropriate time for me to post?

Some of us are morning larks whilst others are night owls. Get your 7-8 hours sleep and your done.

Only downside in being a lark is winter time.

If I'm reading that correctly, only SA isn't seeing a reduction in the doubling rate. Giving increasing case numbers, if hospitalisations aren't increasing at the same rate, then I gather it's not totally random. With covid rampant do we see those more likely to be hospitalised catching it with earlier contacts that don't infect those that won't suffer to that degree?

Just spitballing as I don't know how this works. I visualise it a bit like that paywall and 12ft ladder solution. I have a natural wall for colds/viruses that's a certain height. Lots of bugs that I encounter don't have a tall enough ladder. Getting vaccinated raises the wall, but with covid there's a bug out there with a ladder tall enough. And i gather that the larger the wall the better the body is at defending against what comes over it.

But that could be totally wrong.
Yes, you completely interpreted it wrong.

All have a reduction in the doubling rate. Queensland currently 2x quickest, followed by SA, Victoria & NSW... ie. Order the states opened up.

But Victoria appears to be the only state where their new cases have stabilised over the past week... if accurate

What can the government do about 2 of those.. And in reality, why try, the only outcome will be fuel on the fire. Stifling debate and freedom of thought is surely the last thing you want our governments to be doing. Their strategy should be to continue pushing their message strongly, not arguing with those with an opposing view and trying to intervene in planned peaceful protest.

Can’t do anything about Palmer but given the other two are members of Parliament you could certainly say something but the government won’t because it is relying upon the preferences of UAP and Kelly. Those that will probably vote UAP are the anti-vaxxers etc. The government is trying to walk both sides.

Yes, you completely interpreted it wrong.

All have a reduction in the doubling rate. Queensland currently 2x quickest, followed by SA, Victoria & NSW... ie. Order the states opened up.

But Victoria appears to be the only state where their new cases have stabilised over the past week... if accurate

the way I'm looking at it, using NSW as an example is that I took 17 days to quadruple and has doubled in the last 12 days. If that's not right, what are the numbers. oh, yeh, just re-checked SA too, not sure how I got us wrong. So increasing case numbers but less rate of hospitalisation. Good signs.

and how could it be completely wrong when interpreted most right but for some reason doubled 9 and came up with a number less than 15. That's a brain fart, not a interpretation issue.

you could just retract having come to the realisation you have no reasonin. I'll help you, whilst they are welcoming actual infected nurses back to work on wards there i a 0% chance that re-hiring unvaccinated nurses culd be described as negligence. 0%. It's ok to have mis-spoken, I know you don't believe it would be negligence because if you did you'd explain your reasoning.
I'm under no obligation to prove a comment I made. I'm not trying to convince you to agree with me either.

The outcome has been more than satisfactory.

I'm under no obligation to prove a comment I made. I'm not trying to convince you to agree with me either.

The outcome has been more than satisfactory.

it's ok, you mis-spoke, it happens. Don't worry about it, look at me, I made a mistake with a post where I thought Kane was referring to SP and also a total mathematical brain farṯ in another post. We all get things wrong from time to time. The main thing is that we learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back