Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
The second one did actually.

Regardless, you and the other arsewipe are quibbling over youth suicides vs attempted youth suicides. Really?

“Oh, they didn’t actually succeed, so that’s okay. Play on, nothing to see here.”

You guys are from the absolute bottom of the barrel. You’ll do anything to protect your precious narrative. No lie or misrepresentation is too great for you reptiles.
Yeah I figured you'd cop out and play the man.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I figured you'd cop out and play the man.

The second article cited an increase in youth suicides in NSW of 30% for the first six months of ‘21, as well as draft figures that showed an even higher increase.

The first article cited an increase in attempted youth suicides of 184%, in Victoria.

What is your actual argument here? I’m very interested to know.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Has anyone on here got a PCR test in SA this week? How long did it take for the result? I got one this morning as felt a mild itch in the throat and just wondering how long results have been taking lately. Only had to wait 20 minutes to get the test at Repat.
People are saying 6 to 10 hours

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will be interesting to watch the polls after this McGowan decision. I reckon his high approval rating may start to slide after this major broken promise.

This may end up helping ScoMo in the upcoming election to gain back some ground in WA.
Between a rock and a hard place. You only have to see how QLD and SA have fared (not good) after keeping everyone safe for so long. If he keeps it closed until the booster is given, he’s got a much better chance of saving lives. Of course, many questions need to be asked as to why he had no confidence in his health system at 90% double vaxed?

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Between a rock and a hard place. You only have to see how QLD and SA have fared (not good) after keeping everyone safe for so long. If he keeps it closed until the booster is given, he’s got a much better chance of saving lives. Of course, many questions need to be asked as to why he had no confidence in his health system at 90% double vaxed?
He's nailed his colours to the Zero COVID mast, and now he's stuck.

The second article cited an increase in youth suicides in NSW of 30% for the first six months of ‘21, as well as draft figures that showed an even higher increase.

The first article cited an increase in attempted youth suicides of 184%, in Victoria.

So we should believe your Slippery facts article over the official AIHW reported coroners cases.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
How has SA faired not good?
Very minimal deaths after opening up?
Even QLD seems to be doing ok with 10 000s of cases

Would even be better if we could some how minimise positive cases in nursing homes.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Would even be better if we could some how minimise positive cases in nursing homes.
I think that’s almost an impossible task an I’m sure most in one would rather see there loved ones, no matter the consequences.
(I have this exact situation and my grandfather not being able to see family nor really comprehend why is agonizing for him)

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
No being between a rock and a hard place when he's running a $5 Billion surplus after 2 years in Government with what's recognised as the worst Hospital/Ambulance/Health System in the country that has further deteriorated in 2021 with record Ambulance ramping.
What we have here is a failure to invest in the WA Health System on many levels so you don't need to be Einstein to work out why he keeps moving the goalposts re opening up.

Ramping crisis worsens as new figures show paramedics spent more than 52,000 hours waiting outside hospitals​

Headshot of Josh Zimmerman

Josh ZimmermanThe West Australian
Mon, 3 January 2022 5:00AM

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree

I know someone who claims that they were waiting for this vaccine, but in the meantime they've now gone so far down the anti Vax rabbit hole and has started listening to insane nutters like Riccardo Bossi and turned into a full conspiracy theorist.

I'd pretty much put my house that he'll now be refusing the Novo Vax.

The last time I spoke him he tried to tell me that the unvaccinated were going to eventually be rounded up and put into concentration camps and he was contemplating buying a house out in the middle of nowhere to hide.

Normally I'd piss myself laughing if I heard anyone say something as crazy as this, but as he's a distant friend I actually feel a bit sorry for him as he desperately needs some psychological help.

I just hope that he eventually realises it.

I heard that rounding up unvaxxed from someone about a week ago. NT are shutting in the unvaxxed outside of 4 fundamental reasons to leave the house. Surely that’s as far as it could go and even then, they’ve a special risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that’s almost an impossible task an I’m sure most in one would rather see there loved ones, no matter the consequences.
(I have this exact situation and my grandfather not being able to see family nor really comprehend why is agonizing for him)
Given most deaths are from nursing homes, shouldn't we just ask that any staff or visitors must take a RAT before entry?

We won't eliminate the problem, but we should be doing everything possible to minimise where most deaths are occurring.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
000 phone line is controlled Federally.

ED SA Health.

That is probably the reason why. No doubt those ads are Nationwide.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

i'm sure it's a natioal problem. If the dept of healths can't get together and organise a joint national campaign then they're even more incompetent than I'd imagined. Especially with a pandemic on the go and a national cabinet put together. That these clowns never thought of a national info campaign on symptoms, severity and provide basic advice to reduce to any extent severity is a national disgrace.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Given most deaths are from nursing homes, shouldn't we just ask that any staff or visitors must take a RAT before entry?

We won't eliminate the problem, but we should be doing everything possible to minimise where most deaths are occurring.
I feel like self done rats (have done one for our 4yo) are only as good as you can do them with the up the nose ones.

How many deaths before opening the borders? QLD had only 7 deaths prior to opening the borders a month ago. Now at 85. In a month. I would think he’s trying to avoid that.

No being between a rock and a hard place when he's running a $5 Billion surplus after 2 years in Government with what's recognised as the worst Hospital/Ambulance/Health System in the country that has further deteriorated in 2021 with record Ambulance ramping.
What we have here is a failure to invest in the WA Health System on many levels so you don't need to be Einstein to work out why he keeps moving the goalposts re opening up.

Ramping crisis worsens as new figures show paramedics spent more than 52,000 hours waiting outside hospitals​

Headshot of Josh Zimmerman

Josh ZimmermanThe West Australian
Mon, 3 January 2022 5:00AM
You must have missed my last paragraph?

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

I just asked you to provide some receipts to prove your claim about the rate of suicide among children "sky rocketing", which you still haven't done. The comment I quoted wasn't about attempts, hospitalisations, teenagers, young adults or whatever other strawman you want to throw out there. If you didn't actually mean children, or by suicide rates you meant rate of attempts or something else, you chose your words poorly.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We still need better communication as to the support patnways for someone who suspects they have Covid... to avoid unnecessary demwnd on ED's.

I know you won't agree, but politics these days is less about change and more about messaging. The reason that national cabinet has totally avoided any information related to how to reduce severity of illness is that it pollutes the message that vaccination is the only answer. And even though that 'cabinet' has both sides represented, they all have a singular common goal of re-election. Nothing else matters to them. And we've known for years that fear = votes and there's no votes in admitting that you may have gotten something not quite right.

So this group of people will continue pushing the same message as that is what maximises their chances of re-election. This is why there is no meaningful campaign advising people how to best prepare to have covid and to reduce, to any extent, the impact when infected. It's not by accident that all those highly paid experts and pollies choose to not provide what is obviously beneficial information to the public. Same as your breakdown of cases that you've recently thought would be useful and not too onerous.

I feel like self done rats (have done one for our 4yo) are only as good as you can do them with the up the nose ones.
Throw in 1970crow temperature checks with the RAT for nursing homes.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
How many deaths before opening the borders? QLD had only 7 deaths prior to opening the borders a month ago. Now at 85. In a month. I would think he’s trying to avoid that.
What happened before is largely irrelevant.
78 unfortunate deaths is still pretty small in the scheme of deaths I would have thought.
Unfortunately we can’t stop everyone from dying in life.
It sounds harsher than I mean it to be.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, most of us would prefer not to have a daily dose of US politics... & it's a pity FR0GGY 's thread was locked.

Now we just have to skim through the daily US same old spam.

relapse 's excuse was a bit weak. 'We've already got 1 train wreck of a thread, we're not having 2'. Why not? They're barely moderated, if at all, there's warnings and as bad it gets, it's fairly tame. Does it matter how many threads the posts are spread across, isn't it effectively the same workload. Plus the system is largely based upon the report button, how does 2 threads instead of 1 impact that? Just soft I suppose and he does give up on wordle after less than 15 hours. Just no follow through this bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back