Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Putin being Putin. He slings his dick out whenever he wants concessions from western powers. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. If the US military can't hold some shithole in the desert, how is Russia going to go occupying a richer, better armed country with 40 million people who hate them?
putins a flog. but he’s not stupid. he knows he has to look tough in front of his nation and he also knows, like you said, how to extract concessions.

lets just *in hope he smart enough that he doesnt one day step that little bit too far and start something that cant be undone.

Talking to my Doctor on Monday he said his daughter and her 2 young daughters who are holidaying in Fiji at present all picked up Covid over there and are currently isolating there. His daughter he said has had really bad diarrhea and a runny nose but no fever, her daughters have had a low fever, scratchy throats and runny noses but were recovering OK.
Ah so THAT explains the toilet paper! 🤣

Does the booster increase the level of protection? I thought it extended the period of protection?
Apparently it does provide extra protection (this is the evidence as it presents itself at the moment). Of course, this is all subject to change.

putins a flog. but he’s not stupid. he knows he has to look tough in front of his nation and he also knows, like you said, how to extract concessions.

lets just fu**in hope he smart enough that he doesnt one day step that little bit too far and start something that cant be undone.
Yeah that's the concerning part

China know they can't attack Taiwan and will just talk about it but we know and they know it's just politicking

Those crazy Russians don't seem to have the same conservative outlook.it feels like they'd invade for shits and giggles

Yeah that's the concerning part

China know they can't attack Taiwan and will just talk about it but we know and they know it's just politicking

Those crazy Russians don't seem to have the same conservative outlook.it feels like they'd invade for shits and giggles
Russia has an inferiority complex. They want to be the big boy on the block. If USA acted like they do, the Russians would act like USA does now. It's all about presenting the strongest alternative image they can.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Russia has an inferiority complex. They want to be the big boy on the block. If USA acted like they do, the Russians would act like USA does now. It's all about presenting the strongest alternative image they can.
You're right about the inferiority complex, mixed with a healthy dosage of paranoia - but there's more to it than that.

A large part of Putin's motivation is a desire to return to the era of the Russian Empire, when all of the old republics were dominated by Russia. Now 3 of them have joined NATO (Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia) and another 2 are desperate to do so (Ukraine & Georgia). Belarus is ruled by a Russian sock puppet dictator, but most of the rest of them aren't as friendly towards "Mother Russia" any more, let alone ruled by them. That's what really hurts, and why he's so motivated to bring Ukraine back under Russian rule.

If you're talking about protecting anti-vaxers, then I agree. If you're talking about people who are immunocompromised as having "long made the decision not to protect themselves" - then that's a big, big, huge, thumbs down from me.

but be it immunocompromised now or in 10 years. they will still be subject to covid. Omicron just wont disappear. at some point politicians have to admit what they are doing isn't working other than making the hardship worse.

You're right about the inferiority complex, mixed with a healthy dosage of paranoia - but there's more to it than that.

A large part of Putin's motivation is a desire to return to the era of the Russian Empire, when all of the old republics were dominated by Russia. Now 3 of them have joined NATO (Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia) and another 2 are desperate to do so (Ukraine & Georgia). Belarus is ruled by a Russian sock puppet dictator, but most of the rest of them aren't as friendly towards "Mother Russia" any more, let alone ruled by them. That's what really hurts, and why he's so motivated to bring Ukraine back under Russian rule.

Can only blame the last soviet government that bled all the other countries into poverty for the gain of russia's fortune. Thats why it didn't work. The well was bled dry as the countries had no more to give and russia had to relinquish control. Going back to these eastern block countries is like stepping back in time. Most of the infrastructure is 70 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So WA had another 4 unknown cases in the community, come Feb 5 there’s a chance community transmission will be out of control anyway.
You can't use logic against a state that is scared of its own shadow and thinks its response is right and the rest of the worlds is wrong. There is literally no data to suggest their strategy will work long term. They are destined to be smashed with it at some point.

Booster yesterday.

Chills, muscle aches and soreness, headache (it is worse than one when I hit the piss) and lack of energy.

Good nights sleep should see it go away.

the variations in reactions really surprises me. As I avoid any form of booking, I've never had a flu shot, so aren't really up to date with modern vaccinations. Is it normal to have such an array of reactions? I recall the tetanus dead arm which is what both missus and I got from our boosters. But nothing else. Actually, I was a little giddy for half an hour after the first shot.

the variations in reactions really surprises me. As I avoid any form of booking, I've never had a flu shot, so aren't really up to date with modern vaccinations. Is it normal to have such an array of reactions? I recall the tetanus dead arm which is what both missus and I got from our boosters. But nothing else. Actually, I was a little giddy for half an hour after the first shot.

I got a slight sore arm the first time, expected a lot the second but nothing. Curious to see what the booster does. I think the variations are normal. Vaccines cause varying reactions regardless of age and what they are for. Everyone is different. Some kids get sick after vaccines even. I hear they get autism even ;) before anyone attacks me that was a joke.

Dan Andrews will be popular in this board

Surely nobody with a working brain didn't see that coming. The most likely is that it'll be that if your last shot was longer than x months ago you'll be deemed unvaccinated. My money is on x being between 3 and 4 months. The real question is how long this will go on. People and businesses will just transition to not complying with the various restrictions. Anti-vaxxer at the golf club has stopped wearing her mask and hasn't been chatted anywhere.

Last edited:
Don't agree with everything, but love his style. Worth a read.

I am curious as to what point we simply admit there will be people that test positive for covid. If we keep waiting for positive cases to be near zero with zero people in hospital I think we are destined for disappointment.

ABC has easily been the most informative & balanced media outlet through this pandemic.

Governments should have a better media campaign to educate us what to do as we planned to open up.

Did you know SA has a "cricket" team of clinical staff who will make calls to support those who are covid positive who are isolating at home?

So if you have symptoms, you can order a RAT kit & if you are positive, you will get phone call support.

Surely this should be messaged rather than flooding the Emergency Departments... & contributing to more health staff becoming positive & having to isolate.

I am still catching up on this thread.

My lovely is a chronic asthmatic and received 2 x calls from SA Health during our 10 day quarantine. My lovely is pretty switched on and had prepared for this to happen eg medications.

The calls where to make sure she was doing ok, had enough medication and didn’t need additional medical care.

I think the calls are triggered by the daily questionnaire you have to fill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back