Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 603k households saw Albo being called out twice this week, didn’t realise it was that much, cool.

It’s hardly raised a mention he hasn’t fronted the National Press Club.

So why wouldn’t Albo have taken the opportunity to speak to 603k households and over 1M voters?

Obviously, he and his minders believe it is not necessary. Quite simple really and its impact on voters - sfa.

As it was the SmoCo interview with Tracey was a bit of a train wreck.

You obviously listen and read different media than I as it has been raised regarding SmoCo not fronting the NPC.

Obviously, he and his minders believe it is not necessary. Quite simple really and its impact on voters - sfa.

As it was the SmoCo interview with Tracey was a bit of a train wreck.

You obviously listen and read different media than I as it has been raised regarding SmoCo not fronting the NPC.
How do you know ScoMos interview with Tracey was a train wreck?

So the Liberal spam SMS & emails were not enough... now they are ringing my phone & leaving me voicemail messages.

It's only having a negative affect for a candidate who has been MIA until about a month ago.
2 phone calls tonight and 2 text messages.

Must be some badd polling coming through

2 phone calls tonight and 2 text messages.

Must be some badd polling coming through
Yeah & I also have been getting emails too.

Assume it's going to be tight in Sturt.

If Inty can manage to get 2nd on the primaries...

Was the mobile caller 0429 948 157?

Let's be honest, Kirky would most probably call a member of Mensa dumb if they voted for Liberal.

In terms of Albo I think he's struggled through the campaign and doesn't seem like he is someone who is naturally a confident public speaker. That doesn't always translate to their ability to actually run the country though.

I've not hid the fact that I have been somewhat disappointed in his performance since he has taken over as Labor leader, but his one saving grace for me is connection to working class Australia.

To me, he seems the least capable, and by a fair way, than at least two handfuls of other shadow ministers. It's almost like he's the least but gets the best. Every other elected Labor person that I've ever heard speak would be a more competent leader than this guy. Not that I'm unhappy that Labor win, coalition deserve a bit of a comeuppance, it's just about how bad he is until the next election.

Yeah & I also have been getting emails too.

Assume it's going to be tight in Sturt.

If Inty can manage to get 2nd on the primaries...
It will be interesting if it's her or actually Labor they are worried about?

Last election Labor got 29.9% and the Greens 11.2% against 50.9% primary vote.

Ended up 57 (56.9) to 43% 2 PP.

Be interesting to see if Libs get 50% primary vote this year.

I still think on preferences it's safe, but could be tight.

I couldn't see who Inty was preferencing on her site, so that could be a difference

Let's be honest, Kirky would most probably call a member of Mensa dumb if they voted for Liberal.

In terms of Albo I think he's struggled through the campaign and doesn't seem like he is someone who is naturally a confident public speaker. That doesn't always translate to their ability to actually run the country though.

I've not hid the fact that I have been somewhat disappointed in his performance since he has taken over as Labor leader, but his one saving grace for me is connection to working class Australia.
I still think he's Labors Joe Biden.

Vanilla unoffensive, just not Scomo.

I'm hoping in 4 years we have some better talent at the table.

Its running at full tilt only because people are spending their saved cash from the lockdowns. Now, I'm not an economics professor but what happens when all the extra cash is spent? If anything, its not an accurate forecast. It looks good now, everything is tracking well with employment, but business is bound to contract once the cash reserves start running out. That means jobs will be lost. So pretending to go to an election to drive down inflation would be right in the short term maybe but long term we need real ideas to protect the economy from what is certainly going to be a huge economic comedown.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do we know? They run a website dedicated to doing plotting like that on a global scale.

Your just a big footy poster who thinks you know better.

Hard to tell who is right or wrong.
My point is that I don't think they would know my definitions of left and right, unless the undercover operator has conducted some kind of covert, but pointless, mission to assess what a random stranger thinks. I reckon the odds of that are pretty long.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me, he seems the least capable, and by a fair way, than at least two handfuls of other shadow ministers. It's almost like he's the least but gets the best. Every other elected Labor person that I've ever heard speak would be a more competent leader than this guy. Not that I'm unhappy that Labor win, coalition deserve a bit of a comeuppance, it's just about how bad he is until the next election.

I think they went with him because they thought he would be relatable and an easy sell to working class Australia.

After the last election I think the penny dropped that their policies had alienated them from their traditional blue collar base and was the reason why they lost the election.

Albo seemed to be the most obvious option and had the good bloke vibe about him. As I said to Elite before, I have actually been disappointed with him since he's been leader and his performance during the campaign has been shaky at best. As to whether this will impact the result, we will have to wait until Saturday night to find out.

Honestly I also wouldn't be that disappointed if Liberal win. At the end of the day they've been a fairly innocuous government over the last 3 years and Morrison reminds me a bit of Steven Trigg in that he has absolutely no ambition other than to just sit in the chair and keep the engine running. So if he was re-elected I am about 99.9% sure that we wouldn't be seeing any paradigm shift from what we've already seen.

So Labor's costings have been released with debt $8 Billion higher than Libs over the next 4 years.

1652970578681.png

So an additional $8bn relative to $2,624bn projected total expenditure over 4 years?

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

Last edited:
My point is that I don't think they would know my definitions of left and right, unless the undercover operator has conducted some kind of covert, but pointless, mission to assess what a random stranger thinks. I reckon the odds of that are pretty long.
No my point was that their definition of left and right or what constitutes it on a global basis is probably more accurate than mine or yours.

I could be wrong, I acknowledge that. But they seem to have put in a lot more effort to understand these things than you or I.

No my point was that their definition of left and right or what constitutes it on a global basis is probably more accurate than mine or yours.

I could be wrong, I acknowledge that. But they seem to have put in a lot more effort to understand these things than you or I.
My original statement was

"I think that tells you something about the otherwise anonymous crew that built the website"

If your position is that the website doesn't reflect their own views, you may be right - although I would argue it's a lot of work to create a vehicle to promote views you disagree with - but we don't know because they are anonymous.

My original statement was

"I think that tells you something about the otherwise anonymous crew that built the website"

If your position is that the website doesn't reflect their own views, you may be right - although I would argue it's a lot of work to create a vehicle to promote views you disagree with - but we don't know because they are anonymous.
No my position it reflects their research which has been provided on the website for review.

It may reflect their own views as well. But it's been rolling for 20 years. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting it's the be all of political assessment or they are right.

Seems convenient just to dismiss it as another lefties construct though.

Cs get degrees. And then there's the amount of effort that someone might put in to get those Cs. A degree has zero meaning in terms of intellect. Lots of grunts end up with degrees.
The shadow treasurer has Bachelor of Arts, that should help? 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back