Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ain’t happening at all as it wasn’t part of the ALP policy framework so it won’t have any legs and the Teals won’t be involved as that wasn’t part of their policy agenda either. The ALP won’t be in Coalition with the Greens.

Please understand that the majority of policy is undertaken by the HOR with Senate being the House of Review.

The main policy positions will be Climate Change, Federal ICAC, Womens Issues. All these will have support of the ALP.

Next thing you will be telling me is we will become a Republic.

You know what the Liberals should do for the next 6 months, just sit back and be quiet. Not sure if that will happen with Mr Potato Head in charge (might be another Tony Abbott).

Think that some middle aged men need to realise, their period as dominance is coming to an end. Interesting working yesterday at AEC, 75% of the people working yesterday were women.
Please understand legislation doesn’t get passed without Senate approval of which Labor needs the Greens. The Greens aren’t just going to rubber stamp without getting some of the stuff they want.

Time will tell and there’s nothing we can argue about that will change that

I don't know about QLD but I'd wager that two 100 year floods in a decade put the fear of god into a few Brisbanites.

Still didn’t reach historic max levels, even with the limiting developments along the flow lines. They remind me of people living in bushfire prone areas that complain about bushfires.

We used to get the rural residents outside of alice springs complaining about no postal service, average internet blah blah blah. Yeh, I expect to pay cents in the $ per square metre of land, get all the benefits of a rural lifestyle but I demand everything else to be totally equal. How does stiff s**t sound.

That ain’t happening at all as it wasn’t part of the ALP policy framework so it won’t have any legs and the Teals won’t be involved as that wasn’t part of their policy agenda either. The ALP won’t be in Coalition with the Greens.

Please understand that the majority of policy is undertaken by the HOR with Senate being the House of Review.

The main policy positions will be Climate Change, Federal ICAC, Womens Issues. All these will have support of the ALP.

Next thing you will be telling me is we will become a Republic.

You know what the Liberals should do for the next 6 months, just sit back and be quiet. Not sure if that will happen with Mr Potato Head in charge (might be another Tony Abbott).

Think that some middle aged men need to realise, their period as dominance is coming to an end. Interesting working yesterday at AEC, 75% of the people working yesterday were women.

You reckon the senate still acts as a house of review? Sounds like someone just did a course on the history of the constitution that failed to include current on the ground operation.

Samantha Maiden's assertion that the election went the way it did because of fed up women fails every test of logic.

It's sad that journalism is allowed to descend to these depths on both sides. From the outright lies and agenda setting on the right to the same on the left.

The take about quiet Australians was much more apt.

Please understand legislation doesn’t get passed without Senate approval of which Labor needs the Greens. The Greens aren’t just going to rubber stamp without getting some of the stuff they want.

Time will tell and there’s nothing we can argue about that will change that

And who is one of the best negotiators in the parliament?

Anthony Albanese.

You reckon the senate still acts as a house of review? Sounds like someone just did a course on the history of the constitution that failed to include current on the ground operation.

No but it doesn’t introduce much legislation at all does it, it reviews all legislation from the HOR (after the horse trading).

Samantha Maiden's assertion that the election went the way it did because of fed up women fails every test of logic.

It's sad that journalism is allowed to descend to these depths on both sides. From the outright lies and agenda setting on the right to the same on the left.

It was definitely A factor... but it's a big assertion to say that it's THE factor.

Sure, throw up some bets and maybe there’s one that we’ll be able to implement. But I doubt it, you’ll be trying to bet purely on some theory that you just read in some textbook and there’ll be no way to determine a winner or loser.

I’m no Matt Damon, but you’re a dead spit for that long haired obnoxious dickwad.

Taken a look in the mirror lately?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but it doesn’t introduce much legislation at all does it, it reviews all legislation from the HOR (after the horse trading).

Exactly. It’s effectively a box ticking exercise once the deals to get the votes from the balance of power holders have been done. It doesn’t operate as a house of review in any meaningful way.

FTUjmM_UUAIcKjn

:D :D :D deluded fool

Scomo was booted because the majority of both men & women were fed up with him!

Taken a look in the mirror lately?

Ok, maybe I am a bit similar to Matt Damon. Kind of a cross between him and Leonardo, with a pinch of Ryan Reynolds and Vin Diesel. You got me Copy Paste.

It’s actually quite funny because you roll in with the claim that you’re even better at economics now. Going from year 11 to year 12 will do that.

For those who are interested in the remaining "Undecided" seats, you can follow the vote counts here:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal/2022/results?filter=indoubt&sort=az&state=all

There's been quite a bit of change since last night. The ALP have moved ahead in Bennelong, Deakin, Sturt and Gilmore, which were all led by the Libs at close of counting last night. Menzies is phenomenally close, with the libs ahead by 45 votes, with more than 73,000 votes counted.

Dutton's margin in Dickson has come down too. He's still leading, but only by 1.4% - it was over 2% last night. I still think he'll hold on, but I do have my fingers crossed.

If, and it's a huge IF, the ALP wins all of the seats where they're currently ahead, then they will have 79 seats - and an outright majority. Of course, they'll still only have a minority in the Senate.

Getting it right again? You must have seen the pandemic coming because without it you weren’t right. Surely even you can see that
1653181952955.png

It wasn't rocket science. Just have to know how the economy works. It keeps going down if they keep trying to get a surplus. Notice it only came good when we racked up massive deficits. As per what I've been saying.

If you want to see another example, look at Biden and the Dems in the US. Biden bragging about cutting the deficit by a record amount. Now they're economy's going south bad, mostly in growth terms, but employment will probably follow.

FTUjmM_UUAIcKjn

:D :D :D deluded fool

Yep, totally deluded. We can argue about the degree of emergency and what impact us getting to nett 0 will have given the big polluters aren’t doing anything, but there’s no doubt that on the whole, Australians are committed to a renewable energy future.

I’d like the commonwealth and state governments to get together and purchase back the energy transmission networks. Then we can invest whatever is required for large scale storage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back