Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting that that the overall one nation primary vote increaed because they contested more seats... but in the same seats as last election, their vote halved.

View attachment 1406217

It wasn't rocket science. Just have to know how the economy works. It keeps going down if they keep trying to get a surplus. Notice it only came good when we racked up massive deficits. As per what I've been saying.

If you want to see another example, look at Biden and the Dems in the US. Biden bragging about cutting the deficit by a record amount. Now they're economy's going south bad, mostly in growth terms, but employment will probably follow.

I guess you hadn’t noticed the previous trend lines that didn’t just continue downward. Your understanding is sub year 11, are they doing Eco in year 9 these days?

FTUjmM_UUAIcKjn

:D :D :D deluded fool
Wow, if the liberals give up their moderates, they won't be getting back in anytime soon.

The moderates would be best splitting off & starting a new party.

So I’ve got home and watched the final summary on 9, so I’ve been told the Coalition lost because they went too far right. But hang on, they won more primary vote than Labor and One Nation picked up a s**t load of votes, higher than they’ve ever won. So can someone explain how they lost votes for going to far right and yet One Nation did so well?

Exactly. F**k me there is some ******* amateur-hour analysis on the last few pages about the cause of last night’s result.

This was a referendum on Covid authoritarianism. Plain and simple. The reaction against the last two and a half years flips votes away from the Coalition, not the ALP.

The existing lockdown jab-mandate loving arseholes are already ALP voters. Their primary vote barely changed from 2019, in fact it was a little bit down.

The people who hated the Covid response were mostly people who voted for the Coalition in 2019, and yesterday they took their vote elsewhere (mostly to One Nation).

Same thing happened in SA.

Last night the LNP and One Nation together got nearly HALF the country’s entire primary vote. If they actually worked together strategically, like Labor and those Teal Independent arseholes do, they would’ve won easily.

The LNP are stupid pricks who don’t know where elections are won and lost, and they are led by Stupid Prick In Chief, Flog Morrison, who deserved everything he got last night.

I guess you hadn’t noticed the previous trend lines that didn’t just continue downward. Your understanding is sub year 11, are they doing Eco in year 9 these days?
Also, why did they have that little bump up? I know, but I'll just wait for your answer first.

Exactly. F*k me there is some ****** amateur-hour analysis on the last few pages about the cause of last night’s result.

This was a referendum on Covid authoritarianism. Plain and simple. The reaction against the last two and a half years flips votes away from the Coalition, not the ALP.

The existing lockdown jab-mandate loving arseholes are already ALP voters. Their primary vote barely changed from 2019, in fact it was a little bit down.

The people who hated the Covid response were mostly people who voted for the Coalition in 2019, and yesterday they took their vote elsewhere (mostly to One Nation).

Last night the LNP and One Nation together got nearly HALF the country’s entire primary vote. If they actually worked together strategically, like Labor and those Teal Independent arseholes do, they would’ve won easily.

The LNP are stupid pricks who don’t know where elections are won and lost, and they are led by Stupid Prick In Chief, Flog Morrison, who deserved everything he got last night.

Lol yer, like in WA where the swing to labor was +10%, that must've come to them via ON, lol more

Exactly. F*k me there is some ****** amateur-hour analysis on the last few pages about the cause of last night’s result.

This election wasn't a referendum on covid which was hardly a major factor... just look at the Victorian vote after a record lockdown!

Energy policy, climate, ICAC & ScoMo himself were biggest factors.

Wow, if the liberals give up their moderates, they won't be getting back in anytime soon.

The moderates would be best splitting off & starting a new party.

She is the very problem with the LNP. There is an element in the far right conservatives that wont budge from their traditional views. And if she thinks the trend of wokeism will just disappear and people will align themselves with far right values she is literally as deluded in her world as it gets. The political landscape is on the verge of shifting to the left permanently. This means all parties will need to shift their values to suit and rebrand.

duck, looks like I’m not voting at the next election
We can't lose moderates in the liberals long term. Surely they need to consider their own party. Still can have a Coalition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But but Danistan!!!

"">

Then clearly your continued reliance on Murdochs rags to give you ''a feel'' was poor

The Liberal problem was any backlash against Andrews would not gravitate to them since they did nothing at federal or state level to oppose it. Same problem they had here in the state election

Well the independents you were champing for who targeted the moderates kicked them out
I have no issue with this because the Coalition refused to listen to the public on climate change... & let the nationals & conservatives dictate policy.

Now will the party listen or they will get a repeat dose at the next election!

Imo, moderate liberals best breaking away as the Teals have showed there are votes in it!

I have no issue with this because the Coalition refused to listen to the public on climate change.

Imo, moderate liberals best breaking away as the Teals have showed there are votes in it!
Female moderates at that.

Looks like Bermo has read the room, will see how that translates on the wider party.

I have no issue with this because the Coalition refused to listen to the public on climate change.

Break away to where?

All that happened last night was the Teals have damaged the Libs badly, kicked out a bunch of key moderates, left the right alone, so now the Coalition will be further right. Which means effectively going forward we have Labor, the Greens and Teal independents. You thought the independents were a positive for democracy but in reality they’ve weakened our democracy. You need two strong major parties

Break away to where?

All that happened last night was the Teals have damaged the Libs badly, kicked out a bunch of key moderates, left the right alone, so now the Coalition will be further right. Which means effectively going forward we have Labor, the Greens and Teal independents. You thought the independents were a positive for democracy but in reality they’ve weakened our democracy. You need two strong major parties
Wouldn't the Libs just respond to the views of the population and therefore be more attractive next election?

I fail to see how voting out a party that ignored the voice of the people makes democracy worse?

You also assume the Libs wouldn't have lost to Labor. I mean the Libs nearly lost Sturt to Labor.

It seems you are arguing against democracy.

Edit- should we ban the Greens targeting Labor seats too?

I have no issue with this because the Coalition refused to listen to the public on climate change... & let the nationals & conservatives dictate policy.

They were banking on voters linking Albo with the Rudd / Gillard era where they were able to scare the voters against climate renewables. so they thought it was a non issue. It was a really bad misread. Lazy internal polling on issues at best and utter incompetence at worst. They were so lazy on this issue that they only realised the teal independents, who ran on climate change, existed midway through the campaign. What did they do? cried they were being picked and tried to play technical politics to scare voters. They had ample opportunity to read the tea leaves and make a climate change policy and they didn't.

Heard Scomo left a message about their lack of climate change policy on the LNP party room white board.

'Oops'

Where did ONP get their votes from? From the moderates or conservatives? On a seat by seat basis, the moderates were targeted by Labor, Greens and Independents and yes were hammered. These lefties did politics very well.

But as a country as a whole, how did ONP poll so well if the country wanted the Coalition to go left?

As for teaching politics, not interested, showing you up as a chump is enough for me.
I wouldn't say you're showing Kane up.

I'd say you've been a broken record living in denial

Kramer: Show me the proof

someone else: /shows proof

Kramer: That's not proof, please someone show me proof

And that cycle is just continuing.

It's quite tiresome, and I'm close to making you the 2nd person on bigfooty I put on the ignore list

I note that Mutineer hasn't been sighted in several hours. I assume he's in shock, lying in the foetal position somewhere, as his worst nightmares have come to reality - with the Teal & Greenslides ripping the heart out of the LNP.
what heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back