Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The likes of Canavan are a major part of the Coalition's problem & had a huge part in many moderates losing their seats.

The coalition are full of right wing dinosaurs who blame everyone else but themselves. The harsh reality thats reflected in the result for the LNP is its the Right that cost them. Its not even a debate. The fact they are blaming the moderate sides of the party is beyond hilarious. They just don't get it. They are lazy, incompetent and entitled. The fact they didn't recognise the teal threat until mid campaign says everything you need to know.

You serious? Someone who earns a cajillion dollars but pays no tax - surely even you can see the fundamental flaw?

but does that actually happen? Business pays tax on profits, that's how you get imputation credits from your dividends. If the profits are being siphoned off to tax havens then I've already stated that's where we need to start. But I bet you have this strong belief but can't actually identify what component of tax law requires fixing.

Aren’t you arguing they lost on climate policy?

So I’m asking, did this only become an issue for voters in 2022?
Because it became a bigger issue over that period?

Edit - It's not only climate though, remember ICAC? Climate clearly played a role though.

Labor lost votes as well, to the Greens.

Of course it's ideology, people like Matt Canavan doesn't believe man made climate change is a real problem, neither did Morrison.

The literal rest of the country does, So they voted accordingly.

Even the Liberal Party are saying that, you simply can't construct a unified ideology when one part of the party doesn't even believe its an issue.

It's only 3 or 4 posters here can't seem to see that was the problem.

both parties committed to the same goals though. I'm not convinced it was much more than voting ScoMo out combined with the Teal factor.

Aren’t you arguing they lost on climate policy?

So I’m asking, did this only become an issue for voters in 2022?

I think its been an issue that grew in 2020 onwards, mainly inline with wokeism thats been driven by the younger generations. Renewables have always been brewing in the background for the last 15 years with state labor and lib governments often been working to introduce renewables. So on one hand, you have state governments working with environmental groups, then you have right wing federal MPs running around telling everyone climate change is fictional, protect jobs in coal and renewables are bad. It didn't marry up. Its been mixed messaging. In the end, the mixed messaging bit them in the arse. The jury has spoken, people demand Australia join the world and pull their weight combating climate change.

Look everyone the tosser Carmo is back, not sighted for months on this thread but slips in to gloat. His political ramblings and economic ramblings are about on par with his football ramblings...as useless as **** on a bull.
Oh, come now, you come from the side of politics which values free speech little fella, how can you not like my contributions? No need to start calling names. Where's the manners?

Dont get so wound up. You'll end up deleting your account again.

Its funny about the football stuff too. I was a lone voice about the importance of our ruck dominance to our overall outcomes ages before anyone else noticed. Three or 4 weeks later everyone else is commenting on it. Then I was a lone voice on running the two ruckmen. Now there's more starting to say it. I'm still the only one that goes on about our gameplan. I imagine it will remain that way until I edit up a heap of pics and posts to spell it out for you guys so you can get it. Then there's the yearly ladder prediction threads, that I'm one of the best performers in. But yer, my footy knowledge is garbage. Wish I had knowledge like you do.

Anyway, luckily for you (and the two other amigos) I have way less time these days to come in here, so I might be back but it'll be cameos only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

both parties committed to the same goals though. I'm not convinced it was much more than voting ScoMo out combined with the Teal factor.
No they didn't.

I'm sure Morrison dislike played a part but is disingenuous to suggest that with the Greens getting the most seats they've ever had and the Independents that ran on a platform more climate change action winning a slew of seats, that Climate Change action wasn't a major driver.

Oh, come now, you come from the side of politics which values free speech little fella, how can you not like my contributions? No need to start calling names. Where's the manners?

Dont get so wound up. You'll end up deleting your account again.

Its funny about the football stuff too. I was a lone voice about the importance of our ruck dominance to our overall outcomes ages before anyone else noticed. Three or 4 weeks later everyone else is commenting on it. Then I was a lone voice on running the two ruckmen. Now there's more starting to say it. I'm still the only one that goes on about our gameplan. I imagine it will remain that way until I edit up a heap of pics and posts to spell it out for you guys so you can get it. Then there's the yearly ladder prediction threads, that I'm one of the best performers in. But yer, my footy knowledge is garbage. Wish I had knowledge like you do.

Anyway, luckily for you (and the two other amigos) I have way less time these days to come in here, so I might be back but it'll be cameos only.
I'm thankful for small mercies not that I ever get past the first couple of sentences of the crap you post.

Why? We lost only due to climate change apparently and that policy wouldn’t have changed
Get a better leader that had credibility.

Am in not saying it was the only reason, that's a red herring certain posters are using as some weird wedge.

There were plenty of reasons, action on climate change is clearly one of the big ones.

Last edited:
This is getting pretty confusing Pete, because I thought they lost because they didn't have enough moderates? If this is an unnuanced discussion then there is only one, 100% correct, answer, surely?
Let's face it. You lot aren't the brightest bunch.

You being confused isn't a surprise to anyone

No they didn't.

I'm sure Morrison dislike played a part but is disingenuous to suggest that with the Greens getting the most seats they've ever had and the Independents that ran on a platform more climate change action winning a slew of seats, that Climate Change action wasn't a major driver.

whats the difference in emission goals then? I thought they both committed to the 0 by 2050, what extra has Labor promised?

whats the difference in emission goals then? I thought they both committed to the 0 by 2050, what extra has Labor promised?
I'll let you look it up. I'm sure it will make good reading.

But for me at least, they had the goals but I don't believe they were genuine. Especially when part of the coalition were actively undermining them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back