Adelaide Crows 2019 season chat

Remove this Banner Ad

phill5158

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just thought I'd create this thread for general discussion about the 2019 season, found the forum to be messy and unclear where to go for 2019 discussion. Question- who do we think will be the players that need to go up another level for us to rise in 2019? 20181104_095628.jpg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The key player will remain the same: Sloane, Walker, Talia, B & M Crouch (hopefully Brad can stay fit) and Laird

The players (IMO) who will step up and take the next step will be Milera, Huge Greenwood and Luke Brown will start to get his elite recognition he rightfully deserves.

The key player will remain the same: Sloane, Walker, Talia, B & M Crouch (hopefully Brad can stay fit) and Laird

The players (IMO) who will step up and take the next step will be Milera, Huge Greenwood and Luke Brown will start to get his elite recognition he rightfully deserves.
I’m not sure if Luke Browns’ ceiling is much higher than what we’ve already seen from him? Milera and Greenwood took great strides this season and if they continue on that trajectory we’re gonna have a couple of gems. I think Galluci is going to be the one who will shine next season and take the next step.

Getting Smith back will make a huge difference. Hopefully Mackay and Talia never take another kick in ever again.

Tex, Sloane and B. Crouch are the main ones we need to get back into 2017 form to be any chance. Another year like this one and it's rebuild time.

We need to get Brouch and Smith fit and playing most games.
We need to get more games into our younger players as we are an aging team.
Recapture the game plan on 2017. The GF was an aberration and we overcorrected too much to our detriment.
Ruck back-up. Hope McPherson can show his wares.

As long as we have a consistent year from the name players you mentioned we don't need too many things to go right to challenge. Sauce should also be included in this group, We need a couple more years of better quality out of him until we sort out the ruck stocks.

Along with Milera and Greenwood I think Seed and Rat also need to step up on a week to week basis not just play a good game 1 in 2/3.
With Smith back if we can get good run from these 2 week in week out our ball movement will be fantastic to watch.
Lets hope with Saunders we can get some reliability into Seeds body.

The clear difference that I can see is that we will get more speed back:
- Smith will give us that penetration drive out of the defense and is one of our quicker defenders who can also run-and-carry.
- Gooch is looking like a certain regular 22 if he can keep improving over this preseason
- Milera and Seeds are gaining form this year, and hopefully would give us more drive and speed of ball movement.

If we can get more of our elite players remaining healthy, that is also an extra bonus for 2019!

I’m not sure if Luke Browns’ ceiling is much higher than what we’ve already seen from him? Milera and Greenwood took great strides this season and if they continue on that trajectory we’re gonna have a couple of gems. I think Galluci is going to be the one who will shine next season and take the next step.
Yeah I agree with you re Brown, think what weve seen is what we are going to get and it's been good dont get me wrong but imagine if he got close to Lairds ball winning ability. Got no doubts milera and Geeenwood will continue to grow and go up another level in 2019 and looking forward to seeing what Gallucci can do in a full season.

We need to get Brouch and Smith fit and playing most games.
We need to get more games into our younger players as we are an aging team.
Recapture the game plan on 2017. The GF was an aberration and we overcorrected too much to our detriment.
Ruck back-up. Hope McPherson can show his wares.
Yeah all good points and hopeful on McPherson as well.

As long as we have a consistent year from the name players you mentioned we don't need too many things to go right to challenge. Sauce should also be included in this group, We need a couple more years of better quality out of him until we sort out the ruck stocks.

Along with Milera and Greenwood I think Seed and Rat also need to step up on a week to week basis not just play a good game 1 in 2/3.
With Smith back if we can get good run from these 2 week in week out our ball movement will be fantastic to watch.
Lets hope with Saunders we can get some reliability into Seeds body.

I didn’t add Jacobs because I’m already sick of reading the negative nellies who insist on saying “player x who has played zero AFL games and about 5 to 10 good SANFL or VFL games” should be in front of him.

So I left him out to avoid that discussion.

Luke Brown is not a sexy player, he isn’t going to be on a highlight reel anytime soon but his ability to lock down and be a very consistent 1 on 1 defender is something we need. If he can produce his est on a week to week basic, this will help our wins and loss column.

Player we need to improve on 2018,
Walker, 23+ games from Sloane, Seedman, Smith, B Crouch and Knight plus improvement from regulars over there 2018 performance in Betts, Jacobs,
Another lift in levels from Milera, Greenwood along with a big jump from Gallucci.
Basic and Players that need to improve
Outside the 22 I want to see Keith/Hartigan Murphy, McPherson, Pohokle, Davis, Forgety, Himmillberg push hard for the best 22 spots.
I want to see more pressure from outside the 22 to give the select a decent choice in who's playing.

But most importantly I want to see the team enjoying playing the game more than 2018. Want to see the Fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t add Jacobs because I’m already sick of reading the negative nellies who insist on saying “player x who has played zero AFL games and about 5 to 10 good SANFL or VFL games” should be in front of him.

So I left him out to avoid that discussion.
Understand. I think a fully fit Sauce still has plenty to offer. We should be blooding new a ruckman, is it ROB? not sure, he did ok when he filled in for a couple of games but nothing to light the world on fire. I do like that they giving The Berg some time in the middle rucking in the SANFL but realy he is the Jenkins replacement Forward/Ruck. It will be interesting who they pick up in the Draft. I recon that they should look at Sweet from North, he did ok in the finals and pretty agile for a big man.

Understand. I think a fully fit Sauce still has plenty to offer. We should be blooding new a ruckman, is it ROB? not sure, he did ok when he filled in for a couple of games but nothing to light the world on fire. I do like that they giving The Berg some time in the middle rucking in the SANFL but realy he is the Jenkins replacement Forward/Ruck. It will be interesting who they pick up in the Draft. I recon that they should look at Sweet from North, he did ok in the finals and pretty agile for a big man.

I don’t rate O’Brien. I don’t see him having a healthy AFL career. The SANFL is his ceiling.

Happy to have a fit Smith and B Crouch named in our side for at least 20 games. That will make me smile

I would like to see Gallucci , Milera and Greenwood get 13+ games

I just want to see a happy relaxed bunch this year. Injury free and loving football again

Happy to have a fit Smith and B Crouch named in our side for at least 20 games. That will make me smile

I just want to see a happy relaxed bunch this year. Injury free and loving football again
Milera should be in the best 22.

A HB line of Smithers, Seed, Milera and Laird is elite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Milera steps up to be a permanent best 22 player and top 10 best & fairest player ....playing thru the midfield / HB

Smith and Brad are great additions ....McAdam from a forward pocket will be a great foil for Eddie, who looks back to his 2017 shape (was a bit pudgy last year & heavier legs)

Hopefully we can see Himmelberg and Fogarty play at least 10 games ......Fogarty the more likely to play 13+

Big year for Poholke ....like the lad, but we have to see more, much more in 2019

Let's look at that 22 with rose coloured glasses:

B: Brown Talia Doedee
HB: Laird Hartigan Milera
C: Seed Brouch Ratkins
HF: Fog Tex Lynch
FF: Eddie Jenkins Gooch
RV: Jacobs Sloane Mrouch
SUB: Smith Gibbs Greenwood Knight

Do we seriously have a luxury situation where Smith and Gibbs start on the bench? WTF!
Am I seriously not fitting in Murphy, Dougie, Keath, Kelly, Mackay, Macadam? WTF!
And I expect Himmelberg, Pokey, McPherson to be good too!
We have depth down a long long way.

So within the 22, I expect another AA season out of Laird, but expect returns to form from Tex, Smith, Brouch, Jacobs, Sloane, Mrouch, Eddie.
And in that 22 I expect to see Doedee, Rat, Fog, Gooch, Milera, Knight, Greenwood all get better again.

We really should bloody be excited.

Anyone care to weigh in on how rule changes affect the gamestyle and strategy of teams, and potentially what we may do ?? Who takes our kick ins with the rule changes ?? Smith to just get the ball, take off from the goal square and roost it long ?? Breaking down teams zone defences ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back