Adelaide Crows 2019 - Will they play finals? ( Can they make the top 4 and be a serious contender )

Will the Crows play finals in 2019?

• Yes, they will make finals and be a strong contender

Votes: 101 35.8%
  • They will make the 8

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • They will miss out on the 8 again

Votes: 90 31.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight. Are you suggesting Adelaide are a better side than West Coast? I mean, at least narrow down what on earth you are talking about before trying to debate.

There's a very real chance they are better than West Coast. WC have lost four matches by seven goals or more - hardly the sign of an excellent team. And six of their seven wins - some of them against minnows - have been by four goals or less.

There's a very real chance they are better than West Coast. WC have lost four matches by seven goals or more - hardly the sign of an excellent team. And six of their seven wins - some of them against minnows - have been by four goals or less.
Add to the fact they were well in front of WC at HT but let it slip. Stopped at HT, more confidence over the past 3 weeks maybe a different result next time.

Top 8 yes. Top 4 no.
They should of smelt a kill last night and beat us by 60+
You are probably right except that we only had 1 player on the bench during the last half which would have made a difference to the final margin.

I agree with most non crow posters here ( and am slightly embarrassed by some crow posters) that we can’t be considered a serious premiership threat at this stage, and sit below cats,pies,gws and west coast on this front ,but I do believe that this could change if we can continue to build our form line at the right time of the year.

Personally, I’m sick of Adelaide being early flag favourites in seasons with nothing to show for it. No one has shown the uselessness of early season form for winning flags better than the Dogs in 2016.

I checked and port made you look second rate, on your home deck.

If adelaide is as bad as you say, how bad are you guys losing to port and Sydney, two teams adelaide Spanked?
Mate, you’re losing this battle. West Coast are the reigning premiers and they have the crows well and truly covered. You won’t finish top 4. We were still in the game with 10 mins to go on your home deck with 11 players with less than 50 games experience missing 8 of our top 12 2018 best n fairest. You don’t win a flag while tex is your captain.

Crows are not an obvious contender but are quietly building nicely. I think the reluctance of observers watching the Crows this year are comparing them to the way they played in 2017. This year they are not winning pretty but are showing they can still win when the game is not on their terms. There's a lot to play out in the 2019 premiership race yet.

6 in the last to beat gws, last week. 5 in a row to Finnish the last quarter off, the week before away to melboirne.

Yes a hiccup against West coast, although we had next to no midfield fit.

But the week before that, banged on the last 4 or 5 of the game in brisbane.

Its a crazy stat

We beat Sydney, in Sydney, how did your guys go?
How they went in Sydney is irrelevant. They beat you, in Adelaide overcoming a deficit, like 4 weeks ago:drunk:

Crows are not an obvious contender but are quietly building nicely. I think the reluctance of observers watching the Crows this year are comparing them to the way they played in 2017. This year they are not winning pretty but are showing they can still win when the game is not on their terms. There's a lot to play out in the 2019 premiership race yet.
spot on

Mate, you’re losing this battle. West Coast are the reigning premiers and they have the crows well and truly covered. You won’t finish top 4. We were still in the game with 10 mins to go on your home deck with 11 players with less than 50 games experience missing 8 of our top 12 2018 best n fairest. You don’t win a flag while tex is your captain.

One thing a lot of people including yourself and the media here in Australia don't understand is that the gulf between a first and second division isn't always astronomical. When Premier League teams play Championship teams they rarely thrash them.

Obviously the task is usually made easier, but it isn't some shortcut to a certain thumping.

The guys you brought in are professional footballers. We all get it, they aren't as good or as experienced but you didn't call up your local u16s side and take half your team from there. Richmond planned tactics accordingly and tried to kill the game as so they should. But they still had 22 professionals out there.

Let's be honest, while Richmond did a fantastic job of keeping thr scoreline close for 3 quarters, they never REALLY looked like they were going to win. Adelaide had a pretty easy night. They lifted when they needed to.

Of course Richmond can get a lot out of it but to suggest the margin needed to be 60+ or whatever is stupid. They got a comfortable win. Job done. 60+ margins arent easy.

For example, the betting line just before the bounce was 31.5. So even for all the quality Richmond had out, you still had a decent side out there to the point where the bookies only took the line out to 5 goals as an away side.

Adelaide were coming off a 5 day break and were down rotations on the night. That fact has received zero airtime.

I get that it makes you feel better to assess the result as some sort of moral victory and that's fine, take the lessons from the Richmond side but I see no reason to suggest it diminishes Adelaide's credentials. They cruised all night and cleared the expected line.

Richmond fought hard and stuck to their plan and got some time into some depth players. Job done.

One side's efforts doesn't need to diminish the other's.

The sooner you start realising that sport isn't as simple as better players = automatic thrashing the sooner you will be able to appreciate the tactical side of the game.

The media may be nice to listen to when they are appealing ti your market , but they blind you to the truth. Think for yourself.

One thing a lot of people including yourself and the media here in Australia don't understand is that the gulf between a first and second division isn't always astronomical. When Premier League teams play Championship teams they rarely thrash them.

Obviously the task is usually made easier, but it isn't some shortcut to a certain thumping.

The guys you brought in are professional footballers. We all get it, they aren't as good or as experienced but you didn't call up your local u16s side and take half your team from there. Richmond planned tactics accordingly and tried to kill the game as so they should. But they still had 22 professionals out there.

Let's be honest, while Richmond did a fantastic job of keeping thr scoreline close for 3 quarters, they never REALLY looked like they were going to win. Adelaide had a pretty easy night. They lifted when they needed to.

Of course Richmond can get a lot out of it but to suggest the margin needed to be 60+ or whatever is stupid. They got a comfortable win. Job done. 60+ margins arent easy.

For example, the betting line just before the bounce was 31.5. So even for all the quality Richmond had out, you still had a decent side out there to the point where the bookies only took the line out to 5 goals as an away side.

Adelaide were coming off a 5 day break and were down rotations on the night. That fact has received zero airtime.

I get that it makes you feel better to assess the result as some sort of moral victory and that's fine, take the lessons from the Richmond side but I see no reason to suggest it diminishes Adelaide's credentials. They cruised all night and cleared the expected line.

Richmond fought hard and stuck to their plan and got some time into some depth players. Job done.

The sooner you start realising that sport isn't as simple as better players = automatic thrashing the sooner you will be able to appreciate the tactical side of the game.

The media may be nice to listen to when they are appealing ti your market , but they blind you to the truth. Think for yourself.
When we were 10 points down with all the momentum with 10 mins Togo you honestly think players like Cotchin, Riewoldt, lambert, nankervis, rance etc wouldn’t have made a difference? Please. I’ll eat my hat if they make top 4, trust me they are a bottom of the 8 side and will be lucky to get to the 2nd week in September.

When we were 10 points down with all the momentum with 10 mins Togo you honestly think players like Cotchin, Riewoldt, lambert, nankervis, rance etc wouldn’t have made a difference? Please. I’ll eat my hat if they make top 4, trust me they are a bottom of the 8 side and will be lucky to get to the 2nd week in September.

They probably won't. And that's fine. What i am suggesting is that you can't say that a team that only won by 33 (when expectations were at 32) somehow failed. If you had the players listed you wouldn't hage played like you did. Maybe you would have won, maybe you wouldn't have.

None of that actually speaks to my point.

Beating an undermanned Tigers outfit by less than a totally arbitrary figure that is atypical of usual results to talk down credentials is absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish

They aren't. Some of you have really gotten ahead of yourselves in 13 days. My god. WC have played every top 8 side except Richmond and we are still a game ahead of you. I don't know how beating the Demons by 2 two weeks ago and throwing away a 30 point lead against West Coast has instilled in you lot a sense of superiority. Get a grip. Have you even managed to beat a top 8 side away?

Last edited:
I am starting to have my doubts about West Coast as well really. I think everyone is expecting them to click but they really have had some absolute shockers and most of their wins haven’t been great except for Collingwood really, and that was s long time ago. I don’t know, they just look lethargic. If we ignore last season and focus on just this season, they aren’t exactly purring along.

So I can see why some wound argue that Adelaide and West Coast are pretty similar.

Keep living in delusion. Scraped past Melbourne and were only winning by 6 points in the 4th quarter against an injury riddled Richmond...Premiership contenders for sure :rolleyes:
And had port beat by half time. Crows are a top 4 side with plenty of up side. Port will be lucky to make the 8, and would be making up the numbers if they did.

A 5 goal plus win is comfortable no matter what one says.

The stats say the Crows were comfortably in front of every metric.

At this stage of the season it is getting wins on the board, no matter how. The last 6 weeks of the season determine who will be Premiers - who has the momentum, who has a reasonable injury free run, whose defence is settled.

Keep living in delusion. Scraped past Melbourne and were only winning by 6 points in the 4th quarter against an injury riddled Richmond...Premiership contenders for sure :rolleyes:

Well we have beaten 3 of the top 8. Thats all that matters, how are your lot going? A win over an Eagles outfit on a wet day in Round 5 - yonks ago!

I am starting to have my doubts about West Coast as well really. I think everyone is expecting them to click but they really have had some absolute shockers and most of their wins haven’t been great except for Collingwood really, and that was s long time ago. I don’t know, they just look lethargic. If we ignore last season and focus on just this season, they aren’t exactly purring along.

So I can see why some wound argue that Adelaide and West Coast are pretty similar.

I expect west coast to fire now

top 4 probably 2nd

oh and crows are final locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back