Adelaide Crows 2019 - Will they play finals? ( Can they make the top 4 and be a serious contender )

Will the Crows play finals in 2019?

• Yes, they will make finals and be a strong contender

Votes: 101 35.8%
  • They will make the 8

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • They will miss out on the 8 again

Votes: 90 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Many are forecasting big things for the Crow Eaters in 2019. After missing out on the 8 in 2018 just a year after they made the Grand Final Adelaide were expected by many to go one further, but missed out on September completely. A host of injuries and some star talent on the sidelines/leaving was the cause of such a mediocre showing. Now that their list is healthy and they've had time to recover, will they once again rise and be a key player in the upcoming season? Will they play finals, or will they miss out altogether again?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not forecasting anything yet personally on the Crows. All I know is I'm not about to let my mind made up based on the opinion on others. I have to go through their draw, list, then decide. I'm not saying they will make the 8, I'm not saying they won't. I recall back in 2016 every dumb campaigner was writing off Sydney. Based on what I though. I didn't see it personally, and those champions went on to make the Granny and had a stellar season.

Gotta love this time of year.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
They’ll definitely be in the mix with a favourable draw, and some key personnel coming back into the team. I think they’ve address an area of need through the draft by bringing Jones and McHenry in, who should get games reasonably early.

They don’t have the star power of some of the top teams, but they’ve got a number of good-very good players.

5th-8th IMO

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Just had a look and their fixture isn't that easy at all. Good thing many of their games against what looks like the better teams at this stage are at home. Here's a look at it

Hawks
Cats
GWS
Eagles
Richmond
Port x 2
Bombers
Collingwood

Away Games

Geelong
Melbourne
Brisbane
WCE
North
Sydney

Of course they could have a stellar season and rip many to shreds. At home they could be a force. But with two games against WCE and the Cats { yes we were s**t last season and could struggle to make the 8, who knows } Nothing is a given.

In their favour already are these games

Gold Coast x 2
Freo
Saints{ x2 } Dogs, Blues at Marvel

I'll split them with Port, could take them both however. The Eagles have a good record up in Adelaide despite getting overran there last year missing several stars. It's a big game however, although I'd give it to the Crows at this stage, it's the reigning premiers but. Collingwood, Melbourne and Richmond also travel there as mentioned. Tough games. GWS rolled them last year, would give the Crows the edge this time around though. An injury depleted Adelaide went to Sydney and beat them on a Friday night last year, a hard prospect but one they face with added confidence. Good to have the harder sides at home, but there certainly are some hard ones. Right now I would say they make the 8, but would still have to analyse them further for them to solidify my fancy

Last edited:

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
I really think 2018 was an aberration with all of the things that happened. I don’t reach the H&A heights of 2017 (where they finished 1st), but I expect them to be a top 4 contender. Depends how hungry their players are really.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Yeh I wouldn’t be so hasty in pencilling in Away wins later in the season against the Bulldogs and Brisbane given how far away those matches are and how uncertain the development of those teams is.

Even Home games against GWS and Essendon I can’t see as certain wins due to their recent history, and the relative upside of either team.

I’d back North to beat them at home too.

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just had a look and their fixture isn't that easy at all. Good thing many of their games against what looks like the better teams at this stage are at home. Here's a look at it

Hawks
Cats
GWS
Eagles
Richmond
Port x 2
Bombers
Collingwood

Away Games

Geelong
Melbourne
Brisbane
WCE
North
Sydney

Of course they could have a stellar season and rip many to shreds. At home they could be a force. But with two games against WCE and the Cats { yes we were s**t last season and could struggle to make the 8, who knows } Nothing is a given.

In their favour already are these games

Gold Coast x 2
Freo
Saints{ x2 } Dogs, Blues at Marvel

I'll split them with Port, could take them both however. The Eagles have a good record up in Adelaide despite getting overran there last year missing several stars. It's a big game however, although I'd give it to the Crows at this stage, it's the reigning premiers but. Collingwood, Melbourne and Richmond also travel there as mentioned. Tough games. GWS rolled them last year, would give the Crows the edge this time around though. An injury depleted Adelaide went to Sydney and beat them on a Friday night last year, a hard prospect but one they face with added confidence. Good to have the harder sides at home, but there certainly are some hard ones. Right now I would say they make the 8, but would still have to analyse them further for them to solidify my fancy
It’s blues at MCG.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I reckon they'll be back. They're a pretty good team that had a really s**t day on the biggest stage, and seemed to get a bit carried away with righting that wrong, rather than reloading and going again. They still won 12 games and were clearly in the hunt all year. The question for me is whether they can reach the same heights again. If so, they'll be absolute contenders, otherwise they might have to settle for making up the numbers.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Whats so s**t about it?
It’s a thread on whether a side paying $1.60 to make the eight will make the eight or not. Surely the OP has some idea on what the general consensus is going to be. I’m guessing the majority of voters will, to no surprise, predict they will make the eight and the thread will die down then fizzle out into the archives. Riveting stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back