Adelaide Crows 2019 - Will they play finals? ( Can they make the top 4 and be a serious contender )

Will the Crows play finals in 2019?

• Yes, they will make finals and be a strong contender

Votes: 101 35.8%
  • They will make the 8

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • They will miss out on the 8 again

Votes: 90 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Should make finals cleanly with that run home. Could still accrue 15-16 wins and make a serious run at top four if their forward line finds form and they have a clean injury run but I'd say 14 wins and a home elimination final is extremely likely.

If Geelong, Collingwood and GWS scoot ahead, 14 wins might make the top 4, and Adelaide is likely to win any percentage battle.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Adelaide looking very strong now with all their players back. I like Murphy addition to the forward line. They have a good defensive structure in transition, hard to score against. Keeping both Crouchs fit is crucial because their midfield is great but not much depth without their best 3.

With a good injury run they can go deep

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I except the crows to make top 4. Shown resilliance in the last fortnight when challenged, Until the weekend they've only been playing well in patches. Defence is sound and the midfield Strong, Got a good spread of players that can go foward and kick goals if needed. Plenty of upside in them.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Geelong, Collingwood and GWS scoot ahead, 14 wins might make the top 4, and Adelaide is likely to win any percentage battle.
Not sure how you can conclude that we will win any percentage battle. It’s ok but not unbeatable at the moment

Hobbes

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Not sure how you can conclude that we will win any percentage battle. It’s ok but not unbeatable at the moment

Obviously, no guarantees, but at 112 we're quite a long way ahead of West Coast (103), Brisbane (103) and Richmond (94). It's less guaranteed if we're contesting fourth spot with Port (111) or Fremantle (109).

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Obviously, no guarantees, but at 112 we're quite a long way ahead of West Coast (103), Brisbane (103) and Richmond (94). It's less guaranteed if we're contesting fourth spot with Port (111) or Fremantle (109).

?? It's half way in the season! Anything can happen with percentages. Way too early to call this kind of stuff.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
No way the Crows don't play finals this year - they've got too many quality players in each line, and have done enough so far to keep in close touch with the top group. And if they can even get a couple back from the injury list in the next month or two they'll could become very ominous. I’d actually like to see the Crows bounce back this year, and if my own team was not to be a genuine contender, which is looking more and more the case, then I’d get a lot of enjoyment watching Adelaide go all the way. Their supporters were very gracious and magnanimous in defeat at the G in GF day in 2017 so I hope they get to feel the winning experience some time. Maybe not tomorrow night though, if that could be arranged. :)

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
No way the Crows don't play finals this year - they've got too many quality players in each line, and have done enough so far to keep in close touch with the top group. And if they can even get a couple back from the injury list in the next month or two they'll could become very ominous. I’d actually like to see the Crows bounce back this year, and if my own team was not to be a genuine contender, which is looking more and more the case, then I’d get a lot of enjoyment watching Adelaide go all the way. Their supporters were very gracious and magnanimous in defeat at the G in GF day in 2017 so I hope they get to feel the winning experience some time. Maybe not tomorrow night though, if that could be arranged. :)

That's kind and refreshing to read, thank you. But given no Cotchin now, and all your other outs, can't promise the outcome you desire tomorrow night unfortunately.....

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imagine the ladder finishing

5. WCE
6. Adelaide
7. Port Adelaide
8. Fremantle

An epic couple of elim finals... and its a chance of happening imo

We’ve had a showdown final a while ago... It got ugly last time

3B14760F-E922-4294-AD24-CD0BC2B4F2A3.jpeg

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm excited for the Crows. Like Freo I think they're one to look out for and will go on a good winning sequence. Not sure when because I don't fancy them playing at the Cattery, but regardless I feel their best is still to come.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I'm excited for the Crows. Like Freo I think they're one to look out for and will go on a good winning sequence. Not sure when because I don't fancy them playing at the Cattery, but regardless I feel their best is still to come.

For some morbid reason I bought tix for the upcoming Geel v Adel @ Kardinia Park match which is the day after I fly back home from Europe

There are all kinds of red flags telling me it's probably a bad idea

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
For some morbid reason I bought tix for the upcoming Geel v Adel @ Kardinia Park match which is the day after I fly back home from Europe

Never a bad idea. And you never know what will happen.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Check it out mate why not. You never know and in any case it will be good to check out some '' other '' football;)

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Certainties for top 4 now I think. Still don’t think they can do any damage but stranger things have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back