List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is deal
More rumours about Francis coming back to Adelaide to play next year after his most recent mental health issue. Not sure where he'd fit in currently though.
Problem is dealing with Dororo. Most clubs would give him up for a pick in the forty’s or fifty’s, he will want a second rounder. He ain’t worth that to us in this rebuild

Oh yeah I forgot Dodoro existed

Hard, HARD pass
yep... dont need to be dealing with him over one of the bombers contracted players.

and in saying all that.. dodoro might be a difficult man to deal with for other clubs that want to trade with him but I guess that has seen Essendon get some pretty bloody good trades deals in recent times. So you could say he’s actually one of the best in the business really in that he gets the job done for his club.

I could certainly envision a scenario where we try to split our 1st rounder, for example trade what is currently pick 7 (1,644 points) to Hawthorn for what they currently have at 21 and 22 (1723) and then offer up one or both picks for CCJ and Stephens for example. Depends on how they rate the draft though, I don't know at this point if there's anyone at 7 for example that is a must have over potentially getting CCJ and Stephens or if they want to trade out picks from next year either. But that would leave our INS as

CCJ
Stephens
Pick 26
Pick 37

Maybe let M.Crouch go for another pick, trade Himmelberg for a future pick, maybe bump Gollant down to the rookie list, make Lynch a development SANFL player/coach, few other changes and you're good.
No

yep... dont need to be dealing with him over one of the bombers contracted players.

and in saying all that.. dodoro might be a difficult man to deal with for other clubs that want to trade with him but I guess that has seen Essendon get some pretty bloody good trades deals in recent times. So you could say he’s actually one of the best in the business really in that he gets the job done for his club.
Yep. The kind of manager you want to have, but other teams loathe to deal with

That said, a few of their targets in recent years (Shiel, Stringer) look a bit dubious

I dunno if "one of the best in the business" and Dodoro go together at all.

Probably one of the worst if anything. List manager for 11 years and hasn't even overseen a season where Essendon has won a final.

Francis has been battling MH for a while. It must be bad. Chronic. Should he even be playing footy? More important things in life.

I wouldn’t not take him or want him. But I wouldn’t want us to give up any currency for him. Feel so bad for the guy and wish him the best whether it’s at the bombers, with us, with port or just out of footy.

Matt Rendell as always an interesting perspective (on Carlton's list):

I wonder what he would make of ours?

Surely CCJ is gettable if he is still yet to re-sign and Reiwolt is going on for another year. I'm sure he would prefer to stay at Richmond but if we throw enough $$$ at him it would be hard to say no. He would cost more than a junk pick so I guess crows wouldn't be interested.
He'd cost a late first and a lot of clubs would be chasing him.

Where are you playing him?

I'm a CCJ fan, but he's not playing before Thilthorpe or Jacobs. And you're not running a twin towers forward line and dropping Fogarty.

Maybe but what about all the deals that he couldn’t close because he’s being to unreasonable? There would be loads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No to Francis
No to CCJ

Certainly try and shuffle picks - but to get ANOTHER pick inside the top 10 - not to get 2 picks in the 20s
This doesn't look like a bad draft in the teens.

I'd be looking to keep our first and trade our two second to the Bulldogs for their first, so they have more points for Darcy.

This doesn't look like a bad draft in the teens.

I'd be looking to keep our first and trade our two second to the Bulldogs for their first, so they have more points for Darcy.
I originally had 'top 15' but edited it - ie 7 and 15 would help us get 2 good prospects

He'd cost a late first and a lot of clubs would be chasing him.

Where are you playing him?

I'm a CCJ fan, but he's not playing before Thilthorpe or Jacobs. And you're not running a twin towers forward line and dropping Fogarty.

I really dont want to give up a first. That's the main problem. I'm happy to throw a bunch of cash at him though.

Play him CHF. Tilly FF and Fog third tall. If it doesn't work Fog gets dropped.

No to Francis
No to CCJ

Certainly try and shuffle picks - but to get ANOTHER pick inside the top 10 - not to get 2 picks in the 20s

This 100%, I know we won't have pick one but surely now people have seen what we can get with a high pick like Thilthorpe that we should be trying to get up the draft order as much as possible.

Back