List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I could see us doing a Mackay with Lynch. 31 start of next season, so a 1 year deal on the rookie list.

Daniel Talia has multiple years of football left and is a premium leader. Would be very disappointed to move him on when Butts and McAsey will have (if we're lucky) played one season of football

I could see us doing a Mackay with Lynch. 31 start of next season, so a 1 year deal on the rookie list.

Daniel Talia has multiple years of football left and is a premium leader. Would be very disappointed to move him on when Butts and McAsey will have (if we're lucky) played one season of football
Are you playing one of Butts and McAsey in the twos every week next year?

From what I've seen of O'Connor (which is sfa so take this with a grain of salt), he's got decent size and mobility, decent in contested ball situations, lays tackles etc. he just doesn't seem to be able to find the footy though. There is basically no offensive part of this game.

Both in the side. McAsey third tall. Doedee in Kelly role or playing smaller. Kelly gone/reserves

I'm playing taller overall.

Can rotate all 3 depending on opposition & can play all 3 at times.

The season so far has showed it's crucial to keep a core of quality experienced players in the side.

Asap signings:

Darcy Fogarty, Tom Doedee, Fischer McAsey

After the bye signings:

Matthew Crouch, James Borlase, Tariek Newchurch, Nick Murray (R)

See where there at in September:

Daniel Talia, Taylor Walker, Paul Seedsman, Jake Kelly

See where the list is at end of season/non priority:

Tom Lynch, Lachlan Murphy, Ronin O'Connor, Lachlan Gollant,

Delist:

Ben Davis (R), Kieran Strachan (R), David Mackay (R)

I'm not really concerned with our unsigned players currently. Fog and Doedee are a matter of when not if. McAsey I feel will resign, if not? well... If Crouch wants to chase $$$/a flag/job certainty then I'm ok with that. I'm fine with offering Talia and Tex yearly contracts from here onwards depending on how their replacements are developing, Kelly has started well this season but Its still a position we could upgrade.

The rest are a mix of seeing their sanfl development and assessing at the end of the season if they're tracking well or delisting/trading. Lynch looks to be already sorting out his coaching career.

Will Fog reinvent himself as a mid? Will Doedee stay fit all season? Will Matt follow his brother? Will Worrell ever get a game?

Last edited:
I want to keep McCasey, and the biggest decision is what to do with Crouch

I don’t want to retain Matt Crouch, he slows our ball movement down and I don’t think he gives us anything that Schoenberg won’t be giving us more of in a year or 2

crouch will want 5 years, and I’m not giving him more than 2.

i’d keep lynch on a 1 year deal If he’s amenable to that.

Fair call. Most of our obvious delistings are on the rookie list, so moving Lynch to the rookie list for his last season makes sense.
I'm not suggesting that he'd be moved on by the club. I just think that his body is shot, and he's been struggling with it for several years. Dan Jackson retired at 28, I won't be the least bit surprised to hear Talia calling it a day at 29.

I also want us to start targeting players who aren’t south Australian

we need good ball users, and I’d be looking at Lachie Ash or if it comes to it Dylan Stephens

not just because we need that, but because I want to break the cycle of thinking we aren’t a club who can recruit who we want

sell the vision of a fun club, with good spirit on the up.

use the crouch money, and make a statement on someone like Ash

I've never said any of those things, and I can't see them giving O'Connor another contract.

Nothing against the lad and he may turn it on through the rest of the season - but he was a bit of a longshot selection, who hasn't burst through.
My apologies, I have never suggested that you are one of the Troll-lites (they know who they are).

I just don’t like writing off Kids before they have had a chance to show what they can do. At pick 42 it is more likely Ronin will be delisted without playing AFL than winning the Brownlow but it is very early days. I have seen him play live on three occasions and he has shown glimpses. Too early to predict either way imho.

Against South (in his first SANFL game) Ronin had 12 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances = Clearly a Spud.

The Fog had 14 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 3 clearances = Must play against the Kangas.

Can any of those writing off Ronin please explain the basis of their logic?

Against South (in his first SANFL game) Ronin had 12 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances = Clearly a Spud.

The Fog had 14 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 3 clearances = Must play against the Kangas.

can you explain the logic of assuming lower league stats are comparable?

I don’t want to retain Matt Crouch, he slows our ball movement down and I don’t think he gives us anything that Schoenberg won’t be giving us more of in a year or 2

Good call, plus we can’t play Mcrouch, Laird and Sloane in there because it won’t give our young players exposure. Offer 2 years with good pay and let him leave do a 5 years deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I think Fog has a greater chance of being delisted this year than O'Connor. I'm not saying that either will be delisted, but Fog has been around long enough now that they could be deciding whether to fish or cut bait.

Personally, I think Fog has a greater chance of being delisted this year than O'Connor. I'm not saying that either will be delisted, but Fog has been around long enough now that they could be deciding whether to fish or cut bait.
Lol, no chance Fogarty is delisted.

There is a chance he leaves AFC if he isn't getting much game time though.

Just on the Lynch talk on page 1

He's certainly good enough to be an automatic first team selection, even now.

But it's the future.

Why keep both Tex and Lynch in the same forward line next year?

I felt 1 needed to go last year, just as I felt one of Talia or Hartigan needed to go last year.

I didn't care which one but you need to open those spots for the kids coming through.

I'd rather be blooding in Tilthorope in the Frampton/Himmelburg role, Fogarty in the Walker role and push Walker up into the Lynch role than playing Frampton/Walker/Lynch who will not be anywhere near our team when we're contending.

Once crouch is ready I want to see what he's got this year.

But..

I'm currently on the side of letting him go and replace him with a developing kid.

UNCONTRACTED

RE-SIGN
Taylor Walker
Darcy Fogarty
Paul Seedsman
Tom Doedee
Jake Kelly
Lachlan Gollant

Nick Murray (R)
James Borlase (Cat B)
Tariek Newchurch (Cat B)

TRADE, LET GO or DELIST
Daniel Talia (compensation - tier 5)
Matthew Crouch (compensation - tier 2)
Tom Lynch (SANFL captain?)
Lachlan Murphy
Fischer McAsey (trade)
Ronin O'Connor
Tyson Stengle

Ben Davis (R)
Kieran Strachan (R)
David Mackay (R)

That's just a guess, this far out. Logic says it should probably only be one of Talia or McAsey we allow to leave.

With our existing picks and the compo and trade currency from McAsey, I'd like to see us with maybe four picks in the first 25, plus a couple of trades for more mature bodies (Lipinski, Patrovski-Seton, Rhylee West, CCJ, etc). I'm assuming we grab two 19 year olds in the midseason draft, and we move those to our rookie list in the off-season?
You're letting Talia go for nothing? What the...

What's the thought process behind keeping Golant but delisting Murphy and O'Connor...and rooking MacKay again??

I’d be low balling both Lynch and Seedsman as they are now very average and are making many poor decisions as good. 1 year deals only. We have to keep Tex but he’d be happy with a 1 year deal plus a trigger for a second year. Same with Talia, Butts has shown talent but he’s only young.
Mackay must be gone as well as Davis. They won’t get red of strachan as we have no back up and Tilly isn’t ready to be a ruckman.

I also want us to start targeting players who aren’t south Australian

we need good ball users, and I’d be looking at Lachie Ash or if it comes to it Dylan Stephens

not just because we need that, but because I want to break the cycle of thinking we aren’t a club who can recruit who we want

sell the vision of a fun club, with good spirit on the up.

use the crouch money, and make a statement on someone like Ash
If it was a choice of an ash or lukosius i am going lukosius every time on the try to lure here-o-meter. Luko is an elite ball user and may have been impressed with what he saw here the other night?

If it was a choice of an ash or lukosius i am going lukosius every time on the try to lure here-o-meter. Luko is an elite ball user and may have been impressed with what he saw here the other night?

different level of acquisition. Totally different cost bracket

The time will come for that level of scalp (rankine for me) but not yet

I’d be low balling both Lynch and Seedsman as they are now very average and are making many poor decisions as good. 1 year deals only. We have to keep Tex but he’d be happy with a 1 year deal plus a trigger for a second year. Same with Talia, Butts has shown talent but he’s only young.
Mackay must be gone as well as Davis. They won’t get red of strachan as we have no back up and Tilly isn’t ready to be a ruckman.

I agree with most of that.

Both Lynch and Seedsman played us off against other clubs last time around threatening to leave so I'd be in no hurry with either.

Strachen is on the list until we feel there is a better back up Ruck option. That means he could go a few years or be cut at the end of this year.
Tex, gets just the one year.

Fog is a tricky one, he will be on our list in 2022 but not past that unless something changes.

can you explain the logic of assuming lower league stats are comparable?
Derr, they played similar roles against the same opponent on the same day. Both spent time in the midfield and some time forward. Did you watch the match? Fog’s three clearances were AWESOME, but apparently no one seemed to notice O’Connor‘s two clearances.

Back